Nope
15.78%
Later
16.67%
Total votes: 450
show more
Soaprman

Koro McAlpine wrote:

Are y'all ready for Paper Mario for 3DS this summer?
Shit's gonna be ballin as hell, you KNOW I'm all over that. Seeing the previews are kind of what made me get the 3DS.
NaomiMinette
Previews make me wish I haven't seen them... THIS'D BETTER BE A GOOD GAME! (Also, thank goodness they're not using Super Paper Mario's formula.)
Soaprman
Yeah, pretty sure it's a regular Paper Mario. Super Paper Mario started out good but got more and more boring as it went on. Only the writing kept me going past about the halfway point.
Lilac
Getting a 3DS at the end of the year after denying one a few days ago.

...Mmmkay.
Nharox
I'm waiting for more decent games. I'll probably get one sometime this year as well. Especially because my current DS is almost dead. :[
Topic Starter
Mianki
There's a strong possibility that Nintendo will release a 3DS model with two analog sticks. Dunno when, maybe they'll announce it at this summer's E3.
mm201
Dammit now I'm going to need to finish playing through 1KYD. I guess the stories are isolated enough that there shouldn't be too many spoilers.
DerekMcD
According to the 3DS release date list from GameStop, it said Paper Mario 3DS and Luigi's Mansion 2 will be released on a same date (May 2nd for the North American release). Is that's true or what?
NaomiMinette

mm201 wrote:

Dammit now I'm going to need to finish playing through 1KYD. I guess the stories are isolated enough that there shouldn't be too many spoilers.
...You still haven't completed that game? Wasn't that game released like more than 5 years ago? Anyway, I've played all of the Paper Mario games. There's canon appearances and references to the previous game(s), but the stories don't tie in with each other. That being said, you probably won't understand a few/some of the references if you haven't played whichever Paper Mario game (one example being a Paper Mario character being referenced in PM:TTYD).

Koro McAlpine wrote:

According to the 3DS release date list from GameStop, it said Paper Mario 3DS and Luigi's Mansion 2 will be released on a same date (May 2nd for the North American release). Is that's true or what?
I have August 2, 2012 as both of their release dates... but yeah, as far as I know they're being released on the same day.
Shohei Ohtani
I'm sitting for a few weeks, with my accomplishment for completing all of the puzzles! When I went into puzzle swap, I could be accomplished knowing I had to do nothing. . . My playcoins rose above 10 and I felt success.

. . . Then a new puzzle came out and fml
NaomiMinette
I'm sure more and more puzzles will come out later this year, so it's kinda endless, really.
Topic Starter
Mianki
Going a bit off topic here, but started playing the first Paper Mario. Man this looks nice. And the super paper mario looks good as well. Gotta play them and then buy Paper Mario 3DS :P
NaomiMinette

Mianki wrote:

Going a bit off topic here, but started playing the first Paper Mario. Man this looks nice. And the super paper mario looks good as well. Gotta play them and then buy Paper Mario 3DS :P
You forgot The Thousand Year Door, lol.

Anyway, Super Paper Mario was the worst of the games so far, mostly because it didn't follow the first two games, but also because it was generally repetitive. Probably its story was the only thing that was worth noting.
Derekku

Blazevoir wrote:

Anyway, Super Paper Mario was the worst of the games so far, mostly because it didn't follow the first two games, but also because it was generally repetitive. Probably its story was the only thing that was worth noting.
I completely agree. Being able to play as multiple characters and use new mechanics (e.g. Mario's 3D/sideways mode) were nice, and the storyline was great, but overall the gameplay and battles were just too sub-par...

I've replayed the first two games countless times, but have only played SPM once...
NaomiMinette
Ugh, all this talk makes me wanna replay the first two games now... (even though I 100%'d the 2nd game like 5 times already)

PM3D, Y U NOT RELEASED YET?!
Soaprman

Mianki wrote:

Good thinking. Paper Mario and Thousand Year Door are both fantastic. Super Paper Mario is, as I and others have said, merely alright. The gameplay isn't much, and the settings get less interesting as the game goes on. The only thing worth seeing it through for is the trademark Mario RPG excellent writing.
NaomiMinette
The storyline in all the Paper Mario games have been (one of) the strong point(s) of the series.

Anyway, I noticed that PM3D's visuals is/will be like a pop-up book. Man I'm gonna have a field day with that game (I'll probably stay in 3D when playing it), especially if the story's awesome.

...Gah! Poot this! *plays Paper Mario (N64) again*
Ekaru

Derekku wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

I completely agree. Being able to play as multiple characters and use new mechanics (e.g. Mario's 3D/sideways mode) were nice, and the storyline was great, but overall the gameplay and battles were just too sub-par...

I've replayed the first two games countless times, but have only played SPM once...
TBH, I see Super Paper Mario much more like a spin-off than a main entry for the reasons stated so far.
NaomiMinette
A spin-off of a spin-off... Interesting...
DerekMcD
Super Princess Peach is a spin-off. Could y'all do a review for Super Princess Peach?
NaomiMinette
Isn't that a DS game? Anyway, I haven't beaten the game yet (couldn't be bothered to finish it after a certain point since the stages felt repetitive, but I'll probably play it again later), but the game reminds me A LOT of the Yoshi's Island games.
DerekMcD
I know it's a DS game but I really want to hear reviews about Super Princess Peach from all of ya DS playets while we're talking about Paper Mario. Because I knew you're gonna say this story is little bit boring.
NaomiMinette

Koro McAlpine wrote:

I know it's a DS game but I really want to hear reviews about Super Princess Peach from all of ya DS playets while we're talking about Paper Mario. Because I knew you're gonna say this story is little bit boring.
I don't know if Super Princess Peach even has a story other than the Mario Bros. being locked up by Bowser and his minions and it's up to Peach to save them.
CNM501
Guys, 3DS update available as I type this. o-o
Anyway I decided to check my Letterbox/Swapnotes after a while...I got 13 new Letters to go through, all from you guys lol. Also is "no" CDFA? o-o
NaomiMinette
I forgot what he said about that, but yes, "no" is CDFA >_>

Also, what update?

P.S. Awesome stationary, guys >w<b (Where'd the Legend of Zelda one come from? I don't think it was in the Select/Purchase Stationary screen last time I checked...)
CNM501
'Tis a Firmware Update Blaze. Also Zelda stationary was sent to users who played Legend of Zelda OoT:3D a while back. :D
Soaprman
A lot of stationery can be bought with the play coins you get from walking with your 3DS, to those who keep asking in the notes how to get stationery. It's a great coin sink for those of us with nothing else to spend them on.
mm201
More importantly, most everything is unlocked by doing stuff in the app. I was required to send at least 2 new messages (not replies) to unlock the additional stationery. Other stuff can be unlocked by just writing notes without sending them.

Puzzle Swap seems to be forever my coin sink. As soon as I finished all 15 puzzles, another one gets added!
Plus I only just found all the hats in the Find Mii 2 standard quest and am currently on my first playthrough of the extended quest.

I'll get that SM3Dland leaderboard up once I'm near my game. Feel free to post your times here.
RemmyX25

mm201 wrote:

Puzzle Swap seems to be forever my coin sink. As soon as I finished all 15 puzzles, another one gets added!
Plus I only just found all the hats in the Find Mii 2 standard quest and am currently on my first playthrough of the extended quest.
Go to a convention. I had no puzzles filled before going to anime boston, and by the end of the weekend, they were all complete, lol. Just make sure you constantly check because you can only hold ten tags at once before checking them
mm201
Funny thing is I was just finishing up the Kid Icarus puzzle around that time.
Anime North is sure to be chaotic. I got 99999 C-Gear tags last year. I'll need to remember to bring my Lite for C-Gear purposes this year too :)
Last fall's NTU convention is where I finished the first set of blue-only puzzles.
Azure_Kite
I wish we had "decent" conventions here.

As it is, 4 puzzles completed in Puzzle Swap, on the second run of The Quest minigame.

More people here need 3DS' :/
0_o
Having a brother with a 3DS is pretty awesome for Find Mii.

Level 7 Mii every time that can change colour on demand? Yeah.
NaomiMinette

CNM501 wrote:

'Tis a Firmware Update Blaze.
Didn't get any kind of notification. Do I have to manually update?

mm201 wrote:

I'll get that SM3Dland leaderboard up once I'm near my game. Feel free to post your times here.
All my times are mainly "play as Luigi and get Gold Flags" "speed" runs...

0_o wrote:

Having a brother with a 3DS is pretty awesome for Find Mii.

Level 7 Mii every time that can change colour on demand? Yeah.
._. There's like... no one else near where I live who has a 3DS... I'm STILL stuck on Find Mii (1) because of it...
Topic Starter
Mianki

Blazevoir wrote:

CNM501 wrote:

'Tis a Firmware Update Blaze.
Didn't get any kind of notification. Do I have to manually update?
I did.
Dieathan
The Update apparently redesigned the eShop and added something called Nintendo Zone which I'm still not entirely sure how it works.
NaomiMinette
We already had Nintendo Zone in NA for a while. Anyway, basically your 3DS will check any nearby areas for a Nintendo Zone hotspot. If there is one, the app icon will "blink" (can't think of a more appropriate word). After starting up the app, you're now able to use either what Nintendo Zone (the app) provides, use the Internet Browser, or play online multiplayer games.

Also, apparently there's another update, though it's mainly concerning those who used Facebook on their 3DS.

...Ah, forget it. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3 ... e_releases
Ekaru
If all goes well, we're upgrading to cable internet tomorrow. So, I should finally be able to properly play MK7/Kid Icarus/etc. with you guys! (I'm currently using a 1.5 mbps DSL connection that is the exact opposite of "consistent" and "stable". I used to be able to play online games just fine, but then some time in 2009 our internet started going to hell.)
NaomiMinette

Ekaru wrote:

If all goes well, we're upgrading to cable internet tomorrow. So, I should finally be able to properly play MK7/Kid Icarus/etc. with you guys! (I'm currently using a 1.5 mbps DSL connection that is the exact opposite of "consistent" and "stable". I used to be able to play online games just fine, but then some time in 2009 our internet started going to hell.)
I've been using 1.5 MB/s to race against everyone... lol. (Did I show up laggy?)

Actually, what would be the minimum "stable" speed anyway?
mm201
The SM3Dland leaderboard is up. Gimme your best! Good luck with Special 1-1 :D
(Too bad there aren't unicode characters for "Doom Ship" and "Bowser" ...)
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

I've been using 1.5 MB/s to race against everyone... lol. (Did I show up laggy?)

Actually, what would be the minimum "stable" speed anyway?
Does it take a few seconds for everybody else to start moving at the beginning of a race? (And I'm talking literally here) If not, you're good.
show more