rickyboi

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Jacob wrote:

I should map AR10 hmm..
Please don't.
GladiOol

Jacob wrote:

[Hard]

00:13:470 (1) and 00:15:652 (1) - How do these follow the rhythm at all? There's no 1/4 beats in the song here. They sound and play terribly.
please. please please please. never mod a map in your life again.

AHO I love you this map is great o/
Ulysses
lol Finally~

Grats,AHO
Sync
♪♫
LKs
Time to ascend the hill of AR10
lepidopodus
Congrats!
kriers
damn you, keyboard cheaters!
dNextGen
im keyboard and i cant do 220 bpm stream fml
Dino99
Gratz~
Loctav
dafuq is this? Music seems optional here, uh?
I thought this is a rhythm music game. not a buttonsmashing carnival with background music
MMzz

Loctav wrote:

I thought this is a rhythm music game. not a buttonsmashing carnival with background music
I think your ears are broken.
Loctav

MMzz wrote:

Loctav wrote:

I think your ears are broken.
I am not talking about the taiko.
MMzz
Who said I was?

The osu! diff is mapped perfectly to the music, I don't see what you are complaining about.

>Fast scaleing in the song =/= streams ?
Loctav
Random assuming. If the hitobjects are just fitting to 50% of the music for me, it makes me go "uh, no *delete*". Whatsoever - this is just my opinion.
natyusha
I can read AR10 just fine but stream too fast for me ;_;
Aoriki
Congratz on getting ranked.
JAKACHAN

Loctav wrote:

Random assuming. If the hitobjects are just fitting to 50% of the music for me, it makes me go "uh, no *delete*". Whatsoever - this is just my opinion.
I found the song perfectly fine enough to grab a 94% run with HD HR. I think you need your ears checked (You know because if you hearing wasn't messed up you could easily hear the music actually matching up with every circle.)

And I am someone who complains about maps that don't match the music all the time so you really know somethings wrong when I approve one.
yeahyeahyeahhh

rickyboi wrote:

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Please don't.
Why cause you're trashcan?
ztrot
okay, 1st off approach rate 10 with a overall diff of 7 shouldn't of been ranked and the fact it was overlooked by both the MAT and the BAT is
a disappointment. 2ndly when the mapper acts like a child and trys to take shortcuts when mapping and avoids mods with little reason to do so does piss me off. The fact that this map was ranked seems like to me someone just wanted to stop the bitching and really I find that pathetic.
If something anything is questionable you can hold off to improve now I know what you are going to say "but ztrot maps would get nowhere!"
this is where common sense falls in to place. If there is more than 4 or 5 BATs/experienced mappers going this isn't a good idea chances are it isn't but all that was ignored and for what to appease someone for a few secs of fame? I won't play this map ever except to give it the lowest of the low ratings, because of the way this mapper handled himself around this map and thread makes me sick he isn't even trying to be part of a community he did nothing but refuse till he got what he wanted not a great way to do things but we allow it so why not right? Would it of killed him to lower the map to ar 9 heavens no it wouldn't of but he had his head stuck so far up the place that doesn't shine to even think it might of been okay. not only does ar 10 break one of the mechanics of hard rock it just looks plain bad, I hope this map is used as a example of what not to do from this point on because I sure as hell am going to push for silly things like this to be deemed unrankable ar 10 is pointless.

Now on to Shiirn what the heck man? two days ago you weren't giving a inch did you really just give up to stop the bitching to let him have his way?
Shiirn I have lost a bit of respect for you just sayin.
Mismagius
As much as I don't agree with AR10 being unrankable, I feel sorry for not checking that this was OD7 and suggesting the mapper to change. Yeah, my fault there.

Whatever, do what you want. Not gonna mess with these things anymore, since what I do is get bitched at for liking things other BATs don't like.
LKs

ztrot wrote:

okay, 1st off approach rate 10 with a overall diff of 7 shouldn't of been ranked and the fact it was overlooked by both the MAT and the BAT is
a disappointment. 2ndly when the mapper acts like a child and trys to take shortcuts when mapping and avoids mods with little reason to do so does piss me off. The fact that this map was ranked seems like to me someone just wanted to stop the bitching and really I find that pathetic.
If something anything is questionable you can hold off to improve now I know what you are going to say "but ztrot maps would get nowhere!"
this is where common sense falls in to place. If there is more than 4 or 5 BATs/experienced mappers going this isn't a good idea chances are it isn't but all that was ignored and for what to appease someone for a few secs of fame? I won't play this map ever except to give it the lowest of the low ratings, because of the way this mapper handled himself around this map and thread makes me sick he isn't even trying to be part of a community he did nothing but refuse till he got what he wanted not a great way to do things but we allow it so why not right? Would it of killed him to lower the map to ar 9 heavens no it wouldn't of but he had his head stuck so far up the place that doesn't shine to even think it might of been okay. not only does ar 10 break one of the mechanics of hard rock it just looks plain bad, I hope this map is used as a example of what not to do from this point on because I sure as hell am going to push for silly things like this to be deemed unrankable ar 10 is pointless.

Now on to Shiirn what the heck man? two days ago you weren't giving a inch did you really just give up to stop the bitching to let him have his way?
Oh hey ztrot, you just imposed AHO as a traitor of osu community :/

Also, it would not kill you to keep it ar 10, isn't it?

Anyway please calm down, all of you, advocates and opponents :>
ztrot
I'm done enjoy the rank, but I hope this is the last time I see ar 10 mashed with od 7 not once did I say he was a traitor he is just a cock.
Scorpiour

ztrot wrote:

We all know there're AR10 map like big black & airman are really incredible, Does these map kill somebody? Apparently opposite to that, players ARE happy to see these "VERY HARD MAPS" which can perform their skills, arn't they?

Do we need AR10? if it is a normal map with approx 160 or 180 bpm and seldom streams i will think ar10 is unrankable but please, it is 220bpm with deadly stream, and AR10 can make the sense.

Mappers have their right to set the difficulties, and more, what a modder should do is to help the mapper to make a map GOOD but not FORCE mapper to follow their personal opinion which against mappers' will which is just different understanding of a map or music.

As garven said before, because of the power of MATs and BATs, some mapper has been used to follow XATs' thinking but now theirs, and only make a map RANKABLE but not good enough. That's not a good tendence, and all of us should do something to avoid but not push it.

that's all.

btw: imo, every time saying that is a good map or not, it's better to play through it and feel it, but not just open editor and have a fast glance. the parameters are dead but the map is alive for playing, Mappers make map for players to play, that's the purpose.
Shiirn
Wait, what's wrong with OD7?

Also, I won't explain myself to you ztrot - i don't need your respect to do my job anyway. I talked with AHO quite a bit, and reached my own conclusions about how to deal with this map, and as a BAT, I both have been given the ability and the right to make personal responses on things that fall into the realm of opinion. As the AR was the main "OPINIONS" issue, I could make my own conclusions as such; everything else was straight up semantics. My opinion in regards to AR10 still stands (Fuckin' stupid), but I am also capable of bending in my thoughts to avoid being a complete hardass. The chances of me doing something like this again are very low.
Cyclohexane
Btw since I forgot to mention it last time I went through this thread, my respects to TheVileOne and nold_1702, we need more people like you two. <- Look how wrong I am here. LOOK AT HOW MUCH I EAT THESE WORDS NOW

EDIT: Scorpiour, your post is filled with OPINIONS to the brim, and you're comparing approved maps to a ranked map, the reason this was so iffy and why there's so much debate over it is because AR10 has never been ranked before. I won't comment on whether it is a good idea or not since, like I said, OPINIONS, but I'll say at least this, ranking this map WILL prompt mappers to choose AR10 on their maps. Is this a bad thing? Not necessarily, if it's playable. But this is a huge if, unfortunately. Look at how much debate it took to have a 220bpm map ranked with AR10. If someone tries to rank something around 200-210bpm with AR10 I can almost guarantee there will be debates again. In fact I'm pretty sure it will cause debate on any map that uses it.
We can't stop maps from getting harder and harder. However, we might be able to deal with cheap difficulty. And yes, an AR higher than it needs to be can considered as such.
Krisom
Just letting you guys know that if this turns into a thread discussing about anything that's widely unrelated to the map and deserves it's own thread, if the discussion moves to some kind of the usual drama between guideines/tastes/rules or if the thread becomes some sort of personl discusson between two individuals refering to each other with pejoratives, I will sadly have to lock this.

If anyone thinks OD 7 and AR 10 dont fit, or anything else in this map should have not been ranked, go create a new thread and suggest it as a guideline (unless it is a guideline/rule alredy).

So please, proceed with the "Congatz AHO >w</" messages.
GladiOol
Congatz AHO >w</
ztrot
OD7 mashed with AR10 screams cheap difficulty
Ulysses

ztrot wrote:

OD7 mashed with AR10 screams cheap difficulty
Congrats AHO >A<
Topic Starter
AngelHoney
thx all :3
TheVileOne
IMO it's not the hardest ranked difficulty i've seen. People have already beaten it with hidden + Hardrock, and some difficulties don't even get beat with mods at all. I thought that AR 9 made things feel quite a bit too slow. If it were brought down to AR9, a lot of remapping might have been required just to get the difficulty to play properly. With that being said there was stillbad and random spacing here and there and there's a ninja spinner at the end of normal. ._. I don't think that should have made it into the ranked version.

Hitsounds could have been made better... But oh well few shared my opinion on that so I'll leave it be.

but really isn't it for the best that it got ranked and we can get over this old map. It will be one less old map to rage over ranking. AHO: I swear there needs to be more give and take with you. Less people(BATs mind you) will be pissed off at you in the end if you just give a little respect to them. You played your last wildcard here, don't expect anymore breaks...
Cygnus
why is lepi not on tags? ;_;
Megurine Luka
wow seems the flame begins again.
Mercurial

Philippines wrote:

why is lepi not on tags? ;_;

Yup, lepidon isn't on tags.
Krisom
Added lepidopodus and lepidon to online tags.

Sent this to the bubbling MAT and ranking BAT to be more careful next time :P
PrivatHansi1
:?
joseph
show more