forum

Mini Inducer Mafia - Endgame - Your demise. Cake not include

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rantai
Though going by what Mashley's pm says, I'm not sure he is even aware of it.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

Makar8000 wrote:

Im just curious about it because we could try to use that information to trace who the inducers are (positive to verify that person is town, and negative to verify that the person is mafia). So... If we knew who was negatively induced we could try to trace back on who did it, sorta like rantai is asking in the previous post.
Yeah, but that's the thing. You can't really tell if you've been induced or not.
Makar

Swiftwolf Yellowtail wrote:

Makar8000 wrote:

Im just curious about it because we could try to use that information to trace who the inducers are (positive to verify that person is town, and negative to verify that the person is mafia). So... If we knew who was negatively induced we could try to trace back on who did it, sorta like rantai is asking in the previous post.
Yeah, but that's the thing. You can't really tell if you've been induced or not.
I guess we would have to wait then... if somebody was induced then that person who was induced should notice their ability changing right?

In that case maybe we should just no lynch this round
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Actually, they can't tell if their ability changed unless they were an informative role like the cop.
Makar

Actually, they can't tell if their ability changed unless they were an informative role like the cop.
If lets say you had a docter role, and the person you tried to protect ended up being shot, then that should spark up a clue that your role has changed lol.

Of course we don't exactly know how roles change even based on the IRC log Sync gave (they could be different?), and it may just be pointless to try to find scum through this method.

I think we should nolynch this round, or vote Nyquill due to reasons NoHitter gave though I think its insufficient info.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

Makar8000 wrote:

If lets say you had a docter role, and the person you tried to protect ended up being shot, then that should spark up a clue that your role has changed lol.
It's possible that if there's two mafia, they could have a strongman in that situation.
Rantai
Going a no lynch here serves no purpose here. We've already had one night and we'll be throwing away what could be our only lynch, if not, half of our possible lynches. Well unless we have a doc that successfully blocks (or similar role).

Just to emphasise, in a set up this small we need every lynch we can get.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Like I said earlier about the two mafia possibility, if we have another shooter, it's already game over if we make our vote today.

With 7 alive, one mislynch could cause an instant game over if the other shooter makes their shot that night along with the mafia kill.
However, if the shooter and the mafia shoot the same person, or the shooter hits mafia, then we still have another day.
If we get a successful lynch, however, then we can last another day.
If there's only one mafia and one other shooter, we'll still be able to last another day.
If there's NO shooter, then we still have another day regardless of how many mafia we have.

Yes, I'm still assuming we have a second mafia. There's a slight chance that we have another one, but like I said before, I'm a bit iffy on that if we have a shooter roaming around.
Rantai
2 mafia AND an SK?

I highly, highly doubt that. 1 mafia/1 SK or 2 mafia makes much for sense.

Though even if there is 2 mafia it'd be a 2:5 meaning that today is the only safe lynch.
Makar
Unless a doctor successfully protected somebody... since Mashley was killed and Rantai was shot, 2 mafia and a shooter seems unlikely
Nyquill

NoHitter wrote:

Why do they display an interest? Well I'd rather not say the reason I think so.
Keep thinking, you're getting it wrong.

NoHitter wrote:

Among Nyquill and Makar, gut tells me that Nyquill is more suspicious.
The "Are you scum?" question was also pointless, didn't contribute at all, and is WIFOM.
The WIFOM question was because of something sync pulled on me the other day on IRC. If anything this was a half hearted joke and perhaps gain a bit more of a town favor from sync since he was town that game when he asked it.

Also, you're risking a mislynch on the basis of a half hearted WIFOM. You are also one to talk when it comes to contributing to town discussion, coming in after 41 hours to throw an accusing analysis post from lurking for the greater portion of the day.

Vote: NoHitter
Sync
It's true, Hitter's vote on Nyquill is completely unjustified. "Are you scum?" is a commonly asked question amongst those who play IRC mafia in our channel (and the official one). In fact, Hitter has more than likely been exposed to it seeing as he participates in IRC mafia too.

The matter of the fact is, I'm not completely sure.

When it comes down to it, Hitter's vote (either way) was unjustified and reaction-hunting is a little strong for a first-post.
Makar

Nyquill wrote:

Also, you're risking a mislynch on the basis of a half hearted WIFOM. You are also one to talk when it comes to contributing to town discussion, coming in after 41 hours to throw an accusing analysis post from lurking for the greater portion of the day.

Sync wrote:

When it comes down to it, Hitter's vote (either way) was unjustified and reaction-hunting is a little strong for a first-post.
I agree, as I have said before it wasn't a good reason imo, and now that you mention it, yes it was strange for a first post.

Vote: NoHitter
Nyquill
Mod: Requesting day be extended by 24 hours

Like sync said, not sure at all if NoHitter's post was just an reactionary guage. I would like to see what he has to say first.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

Rantai wrote:

2 mafia AND an SK?

Though even if there is 2 mafia it'd be a 2:5 meaning that today is the only safe lynch.

Makar8000 wrote:

Unless a doctor successfully protected somebody... since Mashley was killed and Rantai was shot, 2 mafia and a shooter seems unlikely
Since when did I say SK? It could be a vig for all we know, which is probably more likely than a SK.
Makar
Eh I used shooter as a general term :/
Rantai

Rantai wrote:

2 mafia AND an SK?

Makar8000 wrote:

Since when did I say SK? It could be a vig for all we know, which is probably more likely than a SK.
Going with that then, we know our vig is dead. So that throws out the 2 shooter in that regard.
NoHitter
*throws in the towel*
Vote : NoHitter
Nyquill
remember that long discussion we had on IRC about voting for oneself
Nyquill

Nyquill wrote:

Like sync said, not sure at all if NoHitter's post was just an reactionary guage. I would like to see what he has to say first.

NoHitter wrote:

*throws in the towel*
Does this mean you're not defending yourself Hitter?
Rantai
Wut.

I'm so confused now.
Makar
Voting for yourself?

Okay then.
Either you just don't care or that's a very scummy thing to do *has thoughts about IRC*

I'm leaving my vote on NoHitter
Rantai
Since when did you give up, Hitter? Regardless of alignment.
DeathxShinigami
Probably giving up due to bad setup I'm guessing. It seems pretty logical.
Topic Starter
Lilac
Changed the amount of time.

You have 5 hours more. Needing more is unnecessary.
NoHitter

Rantai wrote:

Exactly.
Topic Starter
Lilac
Changing it again, you've got till the end of my basketball training which is at 6PM.

It's 3:35PM now, do the math 8)
Makar

NoHitter wrote:

Rantai wrote:

Exactly.
Why don't you try to defend yourself then?
Giving up won't get you anywhere at this point :/
Rantai
Smells like a jester gambit.

Which is funny, because I'm almost certain lynching him will be safe. HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure he isn't mafia.
Topic Starter
Lilac
Ouch.

It is now N1. NoHitter was lynched. Due to the nature of his role, it will not be revealed until tomorrow.

You mad, Rantai? I broke rule 4.
Rantai
... the host is bullying me.

I demand an auto win.
Topic Starter
Lilac
A lot happened throughout the night. A lot of people died. The first thing is about NoHitter's death yesterday, I can find reveal after an autopsy about what happened...

Lilac wrote:

You are Sissel from Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Great scot! You aren't dead. You're alive and you can actually do something! Wait, no you can't. You can't do anything now that you are alive. Damn, all your powers activated once you die, harsh stuff but it's the case. You are a Town aligned Ghost Tricker. On your death though, you can choose to look over one person at a night and protect them with your ghost tricks. Not only will this protect them, but will have a 75% chance of killing the person who targeted them so be careful with whom you choose to use this on. Your role might be changed when you are alive but you will not be told when or what it will be changed to. Be warned.

Summary:
You are town. You win when scum are all gone.
You have the ability on death to save someone if they are being targeted and 75% chance of killing the person who targeted them. Your role might change into something different but you won't be notified of any changes.
Two more poeple died. Well, at least one mafia was hit. You find the bodies of Nyquill and Swiftwolf, read on below.

Lilac wrote:

You are Renard. The musician with a furry persona, you are the embodiment and soul of him and the music he makes as well, ranging from hardcore to chiptune, it's all there. However, you want something different, you want blood. You are part of the mafia. Now you might be asking as to what your powers are. Simply enough, you use the power of music to target one person to have their role randomly deflected onto another person. Simple enough but you can also be affected by Inducer status change meaning that your role can change without you knowing. You won't be notified when or what your role has changed into. Be warned. You also have a mafia faction kill that can be performed between the two of you. You need to decide which one uses it. You win when you control 50% of the votes.

Lilac wrote:

You are Rin Natsume. The original 5 of the Little Busters and the only girl, you are a shy and secluded person who has lived a life of solitude, liking cats and getting cats to come towards you. However, you are a resilient person who would the honours of protecting people. You are a town-aligned Bodyguard. Each night, you get to target one person to protect with your own life for a guaranteed save of another person's. If that person isn't being killed, you still live to do it again tomorrow. Your role might be changed when you are alive but you will not be told when or what it will be changed to. Be warned.

Summary:
You are town. You win when scum are all gone.
You have the ability each night to bodyguard someone. If that someone is targeted for a kill, you will die but you are guaranteed to save them. Your role might change into something different but you won't be notified of any changes.
With that...You have 4 people, it takes 3 to lynch. You have another 48 hours.
Nyquill
Wellp, that's it for me. Go town!
Topic Starter
Lilac
Ohohoho. Forgot the roles they could have been.

NoHitter - 75% Avenger + / 75% Bomber -

Swiftwolf - Bus Driver + / Redirector - Yes, he started off as negative.

Nyquill - Bodyguard + / Vigilante -
Rantai
Well played Hitter. I have to assume that he targeted the one who was targeted by the mafia. Weird though, why did Nyquill die?

Do we really have an SK? Or did both Hitter and Nyquill choose the same target to protect?

Mod: If a bodyguard and avenger target the same person for protection, do both roles activate when the person is shot or does one take priority of the other?
Rantai
Also holy vigilantes.
Topic Starter
Lilac
In the scenario, both are activated and it would stack...in a way.

Avenger will do a 75% chance of all kills that's being performed on the person. Bodyguard is a kamikaze Doctor, for a lack of better words.
Makar
If the bodyguard protected the person who swift aimed for (and Hitter also protected that same person) it makes sense that Swift was killed because of Hitters ability.

However, there is also the possibility that NoHitter protected somebody else last night, and in that case I assume a Vig/SK had killed Swift and Swift had tried to kill the person that was bodyguarded.

OR Vig/SK/Swtft/(Second Mafia) killed Nyquill, and Swift attacked somebody who NoHitter protected (even if that is Nyquill, though it seems unlikely that this happened since NoHitter voted Nyquill at first).

..Since the game is still going on I guess its safe to assume there is more than one mafia or an SK lol. In the case of two mafia: Why was only one person killed on Night 0? I remember Rantai being shot but had BP; I assume the second mafia attacked him, making Rantai a confirmed town UNLESS there is a SK/Vig and the second mafia didnt do anything that night (which seems pointless and highly unlikely)
Rantai
Here's my theory;

Person X was targeted by all 3 dead people. Swift shot X, Hitter countershot Swift and Nyquill died as collateral damage.

It's either that or we have only an SK left on the field and the mafia faction has been eliminated (2 mafia and SK? No, screw you.). Where Swift shot person X, Hitter countershot Swift upon protection and Nyquill died from a random SK shot. UNLESS someone else is also a a freaking vigilante.
Rantai
Oh and

Swift wrote:

Yes, I'm still assuming we have a second mafia. There's a slight chance that we have another one, but like I said before, I'm a bit iffy on that if we have a shooter roaming around.
Going by that I'm more confident on 2 mafia. But I have a track record of choosing the wrong of two theories every time so take that with a grain of salt.
show more