forum

Anime with the most 'WTF' endings

posted
Total Posts
show more

Tsuzuku wrote:

I don't get why people are saying madoka and angel beats.
both of those were more sob sob sob can't stop thinking about it for the whole day.
i guess it's the fact the endings are somewhat unexpected, as well as tragic....

for me, i'd say Guilty Crown, cause the ending was rushed, also the fact they introduce a new character and unload a bunch of info in the last episode which made it completely weird >.>...
ampzz
. . . Guilty Crown hasn't finished yet so what are you on about?
Dafydd
The NICE BOAT pawns all of yer anime...
Heh heh heh.

Trololol~
Mizou-kun
11 eyes .. I was like WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!!?
Swatty
School Days of course.. nothing is more WTF than that
Kinrinjin7
Zombie Loan, they ended very badly.
eIohim
WTF as in, "wow, unexpected" or WTF as in "You got to be joking!" ?

Guilty Crown is one, not so much for cleverness as for randomness, it shows that they were just throwing random stuff into the plot, and then they somewhat tried to connect it with random explanations, poorly. A shame, I still liked it.

11eyes. I did long ago read the eroge with the same name (for the plot, obviously), when the anime came out, the plot was not even similar, and the end made no sense. It felt as if they wanted the main antagonist to be trapped (as opposed to the novel, in which Kakeru stabs and kills Liselotte) in hopes for a second season, or something. WTF defines it quite well.

Mawaru Penguindrum, this one was a truly unpredictable anime, the end has way too many implications, and very few explanations.

Angel Beats, for sure. The fact Otonashi's heart prolongued Kanade's life (I say prolongued, since to be there she obviously had to die) doesn't necessarily makes sense if they arrive to that place in order. Kanade was there way before Otonashi, after all. Jun Maeda...

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai & Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko have literally NO ENDING

...I could go on forever, but that would be a lot of black bars.
fuyuko-chan
Hm..... School Days absolutely at the last episode O_O WTF
K a Y e
School Days, I guess.
Oreiora

411662 wrote:

Tsuzuku wrote:

I don't get why people are saying madoka and angel beats.
both of those were more sob sob sob can't stop thinking about it for the whole day.
i guess it's the fact the endings are somewhat unexpected, as well as tragic....

for me, i'd say Guilty Crown, cause the ending was rushed, also the fact they introduce a new character and unload a bunch of info in the last episode which made it completely weird >.>...
I'm pretty sure there's a second season coming. I read this interview when the first season was still going.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/interview/2011-11-28/interview-koji-yamamoto-ryo-ohyama-and-george-wada-on-guilty-crown

This was a question (and answer) from the interview with the producers of GC.

Ah, so they came as a set. I know that the show is scheduled for two seasons, and a two-season show is [considered] risky. Did you see a two-season series like Guilty Crown as a risk in terms of length?

Yamamoto: There is, of course, a very big risk to doing a two-season show, and to doing something original. But if we go for one season, it'll just begin and end. So for this show, and from now on, we want to do more two-season shows.
420Guy
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-School Days
Hocker_Zocker
School days was for me the most wtf moment
Xylem Beer
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
SPOILER
no srsly wtf is that ending, Kodaka discovers Yozora was his childhood friend...and...that's it?
Topic Starter
Copter-kun
Mirai Nikki's ending (well, in the anime atleast) is uhh....

Indescribably disappointing.

The manga's ending was pretty stupid.
Mogsy
The entirety of Mirai Nikki is tripe, anyway. The ending is just the biggest example of a forced happy ending that I've ever seen (even moreso than goddamn 11eyes). Padding out an ending that should've taken maybe 2 episodes for 5? Cool story, bro.
Kinrinjin7

Copter-kun wrote:

Mirai Nikki's ending (well, in the anime atleast) is uhh....

Indescribably disappointing.

The manga's ending was pretty stupid.
Just watched Mirai Nikki's last episode.
I'm sharing your opinion too, the story was pretty good, the characters( some of them ), but then the ending was really disappointing.
Dafydd
Usagi Drop (Manga) has also a WTF ending. :D
Xylem Beer

Dafydd wrote:

Usagi Drop (Manga) has also a WTF ending. :D
Lol yeah, I really said "WHHAATTT?" after I finished reading it

Ontopic :

Code Geass season 1 too. What a cliffhanger ~.~
Pizzicato

meiikyuu wrote:

break blade ;_; needs more
omg D:
Aoriki
Does Manga count? If so, I'd say Mahou Sensei Negima! Due to the ending...WHO DOES HE LIKE DAMN IT!
eIohim

Aoriki wrote:

Does Manga count? If so, I'd say Mahou Sensei Negima! Due to the ending...WHO DOES HE LIKE DAMN IT!
^This. Seriously.
Dafydd
He's just a kid right? Right? O.o
eIohim

Dafydd wrote:

...right. (c'mon!)
Although that wasn't the only WTF it had, I'll avoid the use of the multiple black bars I'm so fond of this time.
Aoriki

Dafydd wrote:

Yeah, He is just a kid but he said that he does like someone.
10nya
code geass code geass ! damn when the heck is the 3rd season ? TwT
and Hotarubi no Mori E. GIN Y U DISAPPEAR damn TwT
Topic Starter
Copter-kun

vwxcrossover wrote:

code geass code geass ! damn when the heck is the 3rd season ? TwT
and Hotarubi no Mori E. GIN Y U DISAPPEAR damn TwT
Spoilers.
Da7shadow
:x
Spaghetti-san
Lucky Star. I was left with a blank face.
Hanyuu
Claymore and Evangelion
10nya

Rororonan wrote:

Lucky Star. I was left with a blank face.
SmoreJoy
Code Geass R2
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzmiya, The endless eight
Airi
Mashiro Iro Symphony
ExonMAL
School Days, just wth
Nanaya_QuoteShiek
The Legend of the Legendary Hero and 11eyes
Nanael_old

Hanyuu wrote:

Claymore and Evangelion
The thing about Claymore (as well as Gantz and so many others) is that the original work was cut in half to fit the format, for budget issues, censorship, or whatever reason. I personally hate when ongoing works make it to anime, because I know for sure that if it isn't a massively mainstream shounen series, they will make up a nonsense ending or a weird clifhanger to a second season that never comes.
antibiotik
PSG and FLCL ._.
Accelerator-sama
School Days and Guilty Crown..
Ren
School days, of course, as some of you mentioned Mayo Chiki, I may finish it then..
kajiyatta
Angel Beats!
Yusuzu
Guilty Crown and School Days.
show more