forum

I think Rating Spread should be removed [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
They are dickheads. All seven of them.

I'm not sure if the rating spread should be removed as much as the rating system redesigned, though. A "thumbs up"/"thumbs down" kinda thing would be cool.
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Takuma
CheeseWarlock
I'd be fine with a "like/dislike", and that would pave the way for weighted voting:

voter.relativeweight = 1 - ( abs(voter.likedmaps - voter.dislikedmaps) / voter.numvotes)

The voter's vote weight, defaulting to 1, is decreased by the difference between their + votes and - votes with respect to their total number of votes.

100 liked, 0 disliked: no weight.
4 liked, 2 disliked: 67% weight.
1 liked, 1 disliked: 100% weight.

Edit: maybe even have a slight weighting advantage to people who vote more often?

voter.relativeweight = 1 - ( abs(voter.likedmaps - voter.dislikedmaps) / voter.numvotes) + 0.15 * log(voter.numvotes)

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Oh well. FUCK YEAH PSEUDOCODE
anonymous_old
With the current system weight wouldn't work for me because I rarely vote anything other than 9/10 on maps I like. I fell bad voting lower, because I know it affects the mapper's rating (even slightly), and I don't want to bring them down at all.

I'm not sure if in a thumbs up/down system I would thumb down, either, so weighting wouldn't work there either.

Also, with your little formula Cheese, if you vote only once, you'd have no weight at all. D=
Derekku
I really don't care much about ratings. I never pay attention to them. :/

A different system would probably be better though, so +some kind of support from me ;p
Ekaru
@ Takuma: strager's post wasn't there when I made my post, he ninja'd me. So there! *stick out tongue*

Maybe we should have a poll about this. Just a thought...
Mogsy
Gabi
no.

there will always be trolls, no matter what system, so either remove voting completley or keep it as it is.

EDIT; maybe make it seperate vote for song, and vote for map, however that will never happen lol
awp

Gabi wrote:

EDIT; maybe make it seperate vote for song, and vote for map, however that will never happen lol
Even if that doesn't fix anything, I find this interesting.

If you want to know what people really think of a map, have it Approved instead of Rated. Not really; it's slightly biased toward favouring because the only people who play Approved maps are the people who want to; they don't feel "obligated" to play something just because it's a ranked map.
mm201

CheeseWarlock wrote:

I'd be fine with a "like/dislike", and that would pave the way for weighted voting:

voter.relativeweight = 1 - ( abs(voter.likedmaps - voter.dislikedmaps) / voter.numvotes)

The voter's vote weight, defaulting to 1, is decreased by the difference between their + votes and - votes with respect to their total number of votes.

100 liked, 0 disliked: no weight.
4 liked, 2 disliked: 67% weight.
1 liked, 1 disliked: 100% weight.

Edit: maybe even have a slight weighting advantage to people who vote more often?

voter.relativeweight = 1 - ( abs(voter.likedmaps - voter.dislikedmaps) / voter.numvotes) + 0.15 * log(voter.numvotes)

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Oh well. FUCK YEAH PSEUDOCODE
A bellcurving approach would work even better IMO. Calculate the mean/standard deviation of each voter's vote breakdown, then standardize all their votes to, say, mean 7, standard deviation 4.

Any kind of vote transformation would rape the database, so I find it unlikely to happen.
Gemi
Stefan
I think this Thread can be added for now as Duplicate since t/61247&start=0 is better and more accurate as this one.