forum

What do you do when you just can't seem to fc or pass maps

posted
Total Posts

What would you do?

Keep playing until pass or fc.
18.86%
Forget about it for now and come back after a random period of time.
52.86%
DoubleTime + Relax GOGOGO!
2.02%
Cry and hang around the chat.
1.68%
Flip table/ punch wall/ smash pc and throw out the window etc..
14.48%
I'm too pro and I never encounter such problems.
5.72%
Others ( please state :3)
4.38%
Total votes: 297
show more
Kyonko Hizara
Either keep playing til I fc, or wait a couple hours and come back to it
emonite
I'm too pro and I never encounter such problems. (I WANT TO BE LIKE THAT!)
I will either keep playing until I fc because I think I have a chance.If I think I don't have a chance,I will skip to the next map then come back.
Kurokami
If I know I able to fc it, I keep trying. If I know I will not able to fc it, I try to get as many score as I can and retrying later for fc, but if it the rank is below S I will just skip that map or diff. Damn that old maps, I dunno what maps I had when I started to play with osu! and because of this, my % is so low and have too many A. ._.
Laharl
Oh, that reminds me of NH22 - Corrosion - [Lunatic]. I know I am able to do it but it does not work every time I try. So i try it again later. That goes for most of the maps.
Dasiel_old
You might not belive me but sometimes I ask my mother to help me with the map. She's not the best player around but she plays osu with me and sometimes she can FC maps that I can't.
Topic Starter
-Athena-

is that onizuka @__@? XDXDXDXD
lololol i should get my mom to try it
M i l o t i c
watch cookiezi's Replay of that map
ychao

Dasiel wrote:

You might not belive me but sometimes I ask my mother to help me with the map. She's not the best player around but she plays osu with me and sometimes she can FC maps that I can't.
Well... this is a first.

I voted for the second option. No need to agonize myself over something that will come in time.
friendok
i'm too carefree and i never encounter these problems because i don't need to try or have any need to fc anything

2years osu experience OKAS !
Cygnus
It depends. As long as I don't break my acc, a miss or something would be fine. D:
Meowcenaries
usually I encounter on Another/insane diffs. Above 190 BPM, so i just go down to Hard/Hyper diff.
thelewa

Although lately I've realized that this is a game that's supposed to be fun and challenging, not just challenging. And that constant whining makes me seem really pathetic.
Kurokami

ragelewa wrote:

Yeah XD
ReVeNg3r
angry....smash everything...cry....yell.....scold§

))) don´t be affraid :P
vantadyne
Leave it for awhile and practice till I get it. I haven't been able to fc some maps for 2 years now but I'm slowly improving.
Boom
Mark in FavoriteB.
Then play it again next time.
Anzo
Taking a break, then probably I'll FC it next time I play the map.
But If I didn't FC it again, uhhh... play another map...
Madoka_Kaname_old
i smash my keyboard and throw my fucking mouse across the room
Kurokami

Madoka_Kaname wrote:

This way is working too. xd
ReVeNg3r

Madoka_Kaname wrote:

lol....how big your room is ? :D
AkiShizuha
;_; or hit the table so hard that my poor GK fell over.....
this only happens when I tried several times but still got some silly mistakes. Otherwise I'll just keep trying, or just put it there if it's too hard for me :cry:
Ekoro
oh , i haven't fc that map a month ago... gonna try it
Yeah , i'll come back later.
Salvage
Sometimes if i miss on too easy parts, hitting the wall real hard or even myself cross my mind, i don't do it but i find that extremelly pathetic, i think it's the only game that made me rage that much ever.
Gon
Toss my pen and start cursing aloud.. i don't rage much (almost never actually) but whoring the ranking charts have been extremely frustrating lately, especially when you don't get results and there's a time limit. not fun at all.

on normal days though i just leave it for a couple days, probably months for maps that i have terrible habits on (no rage there!).
Vish024
I usually ask Renard to pass 'em for me.

And no, these jokes stlll possess some comedic value. To me at least.
Kasu404

Tom94 wrote:

xRayne wrote:

I wanted two options :v

Depends on HOW impossible to pass / FC it is for me. If I know I can do it I usually play it until I managed to.
This.
But if I get bored of a song, I come back later.
Maneuver
Play a few times then change song. Then the next day play a few times again. Repeat. Only for those which are fun to click but too hard to pass or almost FC~
Mythras
add to favorites B if I can't FC it but want to or want to SS but don't feel like it atm. Also been doing that w/hard maps I want to DT.

Once they're in there I just kinda cycle thru them and randomly beat them eventually.
Kinrinjin7
Forget about it for now and come back after a random period of time.
Or Keep playing until pass or fc.
Mukku
I play the map with no fail mod and practice the thingies for the ultimate victory!
benguin
-I play the song repeatedly, if that doesn't work...
-I turn on the autopilot mod to see what I'm doing wrong (helps if I don't understand the rhythm or if there are complex patterns) If that still doesn't help...
-Play the one part I keep failing/losing combo on repeatedly in the editor. If that fails...
- Half time! Trololol. seriously though, it's good preparation for the real thing. I can understand the rhythms and read the patterns a lot more easier on halftime, after that it's simply a matter of being able to do it a bit faster :) If that doesn't work...
-All the above things...on halftime. And if THAT doesn't work...
-Give up, lol.
G0r
I murder people......... -_-

Not really. :)
Sander-Don
Selected other. When I can't S a map, I play it with doubletime, not doubletime and relax. :3
Passing maps really isn't a problem for me, so bleh.
sCam
If I can't Fc it(if it's a insane) I'll just come back to it when I get better.
If I can't FC it(If it's a Hard) Then I'll just retry it till I do.

If I fail, and it's a insane and depending how hard it is -.- I"ll keep retrying.
If I fail a hard, then i rage, and just quit osu for like 1-3 hours.
YodaSnipe
I ....... didn't punch a wall.... I punched the floor, nearly broke my hand and I couldn't play osu for a few weeks T_T
Hakase-nyan
Retry until I get a desirable result (depends on the song and if I think an A is good enough or if I should try for an S/SS)
Hooves_old
Forget about it and come back to it later. Of course I'll forget about what to do on that map. So the situation really doesn't help itself there...
ShaggoN
Definitely first option...and that's a huge problem sometimes XD
kriers

ShaggoN wrote:

Definitely first option...and that's a huge problem sometimes XD
lool and for you SS-rankers, it has to be such a hassle ^^
Topic Starter
-Athena-
That explains the crazy top 40's
As for me?
show more