forum

What caused you to become an Otaku?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Spaghetti-san
I didn't see any topic like this I made one and I thought it would be interesting how other people became Otakus :P

For me it's Nyan Cat , then it went to Vocaloid to Nico Nico Douga Kumikyoku which then branched off to Touhou , anime, manga and visual novels. Yeah that's the story of my life xD
Aoko
Hmm... it started by watching anime for the first time in the TV screens.
It seemed fun, so I started buying manga. Then watched anime online, played visual novels [Clannad: Full Voice for that matter]. Sooner, I discovered Vocaloids and Nico Nico Douga then I learned to love Japanese Songs ♥
Sync
toonami (americans will know what this is)

edit: i'm not even that much of a weeabo though

well maybe I am

but not as much as other people

;_;
Irisu_old
Well I saw some manga at my library and decided to check it out. I fell in love with it and soon found out about anime,cosplay,etc. Now I'm glad I was curious :D
Aoriki
My older brother. I was watch Magic Knight Rayearth with him and that how I became an Otaku. (But not as much in the past now. I slowly was drifting away from my Otaku stage, yay~)
xsrsbsns
osu, actually.

I barely watched any anime / knew nothing about touhou or comiket etc before knowing osu.
thelewa
I think I started watching anime when I saw my brother watch some good ones, such as Gungrave or Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

I wouldn't call myself an anime otaku though.
Giganscudo
When i was a child (though i still mentally am). I was bored and opened up the TV and came across an anime (back then i didn't know it was an anime) Wanted more episodes, searched the net, found it, came across more anime, came across Osu/games/manga/stuff and then you have me.
K a Y e
Some friend introduced it to me. Until then, I became an OTAKU~
-Athena-
I don't qualify for the honorable title of otaku yet D:
Takaichi
I read manga from manga rental near my school and watched Animax..
Kinrinjin7
I was watching some animes and then i found out that it was better than cartoon ( at least some ). It has a storyline not like cartoons that has like for each episode, a new story.
Konaruhi
Animax. Desu owo
silmarilen
saw an AMV on youtube and i liked it so i started watching the anime.
Pizzicato
Typical teenagers here are retarded. I don't wanna become like them. Therefore, otaku
Valentiino
Well, it all started with Pokémon, Digimon & Dragon Ball (the only shows showed up in TV).

But I started to watch anime and got interested in japanese culture around 2008~

And nowdays it's just weeaboo to the max .__.
mathexpert
For me it started with Naruto & Beach, but then I stopped watching anime for a while. What turned me into an otaku was Ookami-San, I just loved the different archetypes (like tsundere, loli, etc), the romance, and comedy. It was a completely new and amazing experience, and I've been hooked ever since. ;)
synchronincity
It started off with a recent anime: The World God Only Knows.
After that I went to Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya.
My life was ruined by then......
hoihoisoi
I was an introvert back when I was younger and so the only thing which kept my life filled with color was manga. First manga i read was Mahoraba and then the list started to pile up like crazy. Now I have like a real social life but I still stick with my roots of being an otaku cause anime and manga just has to be part of my life.
dNextGen
Internet

pacmanmania

dNextGen wrote:

Internet

ampzz
Early childhood.
10nya
it more enjoyable being 'otaku' than being a normal student orz
I found bored being normal student and being otaku is not boring at all~ that was caused me xD
those
The fail of the human race made me believe in something else.
Rey Fullbuster
because of this game, and i got a friend who also an otaku :D
show more