forum

How much does accuracy matter to you?

posted
Total Posts

My opinion on accuracy is...

Accuracy is very important. Sometimes I skip playing hard maps in fear it will go down.
12.78%
Accuracy is important. I replay maps many times to improve my accuracy.
28.98%
Accuracy is alright. Sometimes, I will try to improve it.
34.66%
Accuracy is unimportant. I do not care about my accuracy.
14.06%
Accuracy is stupid. Accuracy should not exist.
2.56%
What Derekku said.
6.96%
Total votes: 704
show more
Kyonko Hizara
Wayyyyyyyyyyy too much!! XP
JeY k
"What Derekku said."
Wishy

OzzyOzrock wrote:

SpunOut mod does not hinder fun. ;D
Spun Out is gay, not only it should be ranked (come on, it's more a disadvantage than an advantage, spun out spins 286 RPM, even I can spin faster and I suck hard at spinning), but it should at least count as a play, since right now this mod is just used to keep play counts low, which in some way means bigger e-pen*s, since you can rank a map without showing you had to play it about 2000 times to get it and then you can say you are an uber pro.

Sorry for the offtopic. :p
Hiyorin
GINASFS.

Anyways, I don't know why but I care about my accuracy ALOT. Although it's a good thing, sometimes I'll play a ridiculously hard song with an accuracy of like 90%, and I'll let it haunt me. Then a week or so later, I go back and get like 97-98% on it. It gives me the encouragement to get better and play harder songs, since I'll want to fix my accuracy so badly.
Nobody
I think my 62% accuracy pretty accurately defines my feelings :P
Sup A Noob

Wishy22 wrote:

OzzyOzrock wrote:

SpunOut mod does not hinder fun. ;D
Spun Out is gay, not only it should be ranked (come on, it's more a disadvantage than an advantage, spun out spins 286 RPM, even I can spin faster and I suck hard at spinning), but it should at least count as a play, since right now this mod is just used to keep play counts low, which in some way means bigger e-pen*s, since you can rank a map without showing you had to play it about 2000 times to get it and then you can say you are an uber pro.

Sorry for the offtopic. :p
I agree. We should do this to counter accuracy nazis.
OzzyOzrock
SpunOut is not the only thing stopping people from being able to play songs without a play. Now if you take out the ability to test maps in the editor, then you got them.

Unless they replicate the map. But that takes a while.
Wishy
But you can play with mods at the editor, right?
CapnDavid

Wishy22 wrote:

Nope.
Hiyorin
Wait a sec, why would taking out spun out counter accuracy h0ars? Can't they just quit before the last note?
Waryas

Wishy22 wrote:

You can just make a HR map by reversing notes and doing AR+1, OD+1/2, circle notes +1 and that's about it. That's how i train HR in test mode.
Mayutan
I'm so pro and played "With A Dance Number" with no fail just because I wanted to see the map xDD
I didn't know that my Accuracy would go down so much hawhaw well sucks ;3
Going to take a while till I can play that map
silmarilen
impressive bump there.

on-topic: i picked the first option, although its not so much true that i skip the harder beatmaps, its just that i dont finish them if my acc is too low, and if i have an acc below like 97% on a map that should be easy i stop before the end and replay.
Minty Gum
Usually I'll play hard songs because it'll help me improve on all of the easier songs. So what if my accuracy goes down a bit, I can go fix it later if I feel like it. Sometimes I'll play through old maps with bad scores to make my accuracy go up a bit.
kriers
Accuracy is everything to me. I'm just too darn lazy to fix my overall statistics.
lolcubes

kriers wrote:

Accuracy is everything to me. I'm just too darn lazy to fix my overall statistics.
Pretty much this.
senaya
air
Kuria
accuracy is very important to me, at least to show how does my current skill right now.
If i can do the maps with the acc more than my acc in my profile, that means that my skill was at that map's level, and vice versa.
Tom69_old
I personally don't care about accuracy that much. All those crazy approved maps (or even ranked ones... e.g. Shotgun Symphony, Tag4 stuff) ruin it anyways for me. Oh well.... almost forgot random DTs on multi. I'm waaaay too lazy to replay them without DT afterwards.

It's another story if I am hunting for a certain rank though...
Nyu_old2
I'll care more about my overall accuracy when I can pretty much pass all the top difficulty maps. As of the moment it's more of a learning and improving thing. Sure I'll go back and improve my old scores to get my acc up, but I'm not going to go for an S rank on some song that I can barely pass :P
-Athena-
i find that as i get better and better i start to care more and more about my accuracy. (though i still suck XD)
Shiro

kriers wrote:

this
+ I skip maps that might make my accuracy go down until I can get decent accuracy on them
Jordan
Accuracy is unimportant to me, but I obviously try to do the highest acc I can when I'm playing a map xD
Salvage
It's important, but has been since i started playing so it's not like i do a lot of retries to get good acc, i usually do allways, i do retries if i miss but that's another story, on maps i can't do good acc because they're too hard for me or they're old maps i may do some retries but i learned that playing them a bit per day it's better than doing thousands of retries cause i'll rage a bit too much.
Wishy
U mad bro?
Chema
Voted "Accuracy is important. I replay maps many times to improve my accuracy." option.

I consider accuracy important and I'm trying to get it higher :P
knjiga
Accuracy as a skill is important but "total accuracy statistic" (the one on your profile) is completely irrelevant to me.

It is mentioned in the OP that the poll is about the actual accuracy stat but the way the answers are worded imply that not caring about the stat = not caring about the ability to get good accuracy. I also think that controlling your acc stat with spunout/leaving before the end is lame.
Waryas
I love accuracy!!!! very big big very big accuracy's fan!!! Big Big yeah!!!!
emonite

Waryas wrote:

I love accuracy!!!! very big big very big accuracy's fan!!! Big Big yeah!!!!
Same.
Frizz
I actually care about accuracy. But I keep bad accing every single map I fc, that makes me not giving a fuck about it sometimes :(
Miroset
I have 93'5 % accuracy and I feel fine because I've been playing for 2 weeks :D I just play the maps and then I replay them to get more accuracy and score.
Rena-chan
Not a single fuck given. My accuracy has only been going up because I keep getting 95-99% first time I play a map these days.

And about a year ago, I purposefully lowered it to around 80% by putting NoFail on a ton of maps and just hitting one note. I still haven't done anything to improve those scores.
Pizzicato
before i noticed it, i had a good overall accuracy. so i'm taking care while playing
high acc also gives high score, so yeah.
Vish024
The game's about enjoyment, I don't take it that seriously. Accuracy is trivial, just like rank.
Mara
As long as I get S, I'm happy.
Boom
In osu mode I need only full combo.
But in CTB I need only SS.
Ekoro
Accuracy is important. I replay maps many times to improve my accuracy.
You want to read that?
yup , i get 96% , even if i'm playing shitmaps \:D/
At the beginning , i lost 11% of accuracy on that map , didn't understand that

SPOILER
but 2 years later , FC Hidden 99.35% , after ~2600 trys 8D

But yeah , if i get a bad accuracy (generally <97% , it can change into <80% for stream maps) , i'll try to improve it.
polka
Accuracy is like a status thing to me *^*; I work way too hard trying to get it up..
pandaBee
+1?
Yuudachi-kun

PolkaMocha wrote:

Accuracy is like a status thing to me *^*; I work way too hard trying to get it up..
You suck
show more