jabberwockey
clockwise, but I didn't expect the majority to be counter clockwise o.O
Remilia--_old
Counter clockwise
The 08 team_Bourdon
Clockwise - 300++
Counter clockwise - 400++
-Athena-
Counter clockwise works better for me (with a mouse at least), max is around 340 but I usually spin around 300 because I'm lazy :D
S o r c e r y
clockwise with my tablet, speed is around 300~340. counter clockwise can only get 230~250:(
KinomiCandy

Remilia-- wrote:

Counter clockwise
PaiYuri
Me, I always (attempt to) spin clockwise (with mouse)
How
counter clockwise w/ mouse. Clockwise w/ Tablet and Trackpad.
Cause I'm left handed? :P
PaiYuri
Well, I pretty much switched to counter clockwise. I noticed that it's much easier that way.
XripztEr
Clockwise all the way
BeatofIke

Zisam wrote:

Clockwise all the way
This.
M i l o t i c
counter clockwise,with left hand
emonite
I feel comfortable spinning clockwise,I spin counter clockwise when I'm panicking?
Liut
I don't even know how i spin.
Stefan
Very strange... and Anti-Clockwise.
theowest
It's simple, really.
How do you draw a circle, counter clockwise or clockwise?
Soly
silmarilen

theowest wrote:

It's simple, really.
How do you draw a circle, counter clockwise or clockwise?
i draw circles with my other hand, and in the other direction than my spins.
Madoka_Kaname_old
i spin good
leepdesu
I always use Spun Out.
Mythras
counter, and spinning is probably my biggest strength, i wish it was accuracy or something :(
Frizz
Am I the only one who lift the mouse a bit and shaking it on spinner so I can spin in the middle and get >400SPM
Minty Gum
Always clockwise for me. When I first played osu! on a friend's computer, she told me to try spinning counter-clockwise, and it felt really unnatural. Actually, my tablet is a bit scraped up from heavy spinning xD
Izayaa_old
>Clockwise~
>Mouse only user~
Rawrol
I spin Counter Clockwise.
But i draw Circles Clockwise.
loqueses57
counter clockwise =D i think is easier to spin
Misao
Counter clockwise.. i fail at spins either way .-.
Kinrinjin7
Counter clockwise. But i managed to get only 300-350 spins per minute..
Don't know how people gets more than 400+ by doing Counter clockwise.. :/
VinhCheBo
I spin clockwise and draw ... I can't draw a circle
King Cupcakes
Go to rage mode and spin it CCW
benguin
Clockwise; my counter-clockwise spins tend to become diagonally-tilted ellipses. >.<
D33d
Not sure why, but counter clockwise just feels better to me. I guess that it feels more comfortable to stir inwards.
Jordan
Counter clockwise, mouse
Miyuki

Jordan wrote:

Counter clockwise, mouse

^ this and it's alot easier for me to draw an "0" instead of an "O".
Aqo
How do people even manage to spin clockwise if they're right handed? I can't do it at all even if I force myself. CCW with both tablet and mouse. With tablet really tiny spins around a dot in the middle of the spinner skin, getting 420~ if fired up or 360~ if lazy spinning. With mouse spinning all across the screen and getting something like 400~.

Isn't it very unnatural for the right hand to move in a clockwise circle...? CCW feels more natural for right while CW feels more natural for left.
G0r
I play right handed with a mouse, and I can't imagine spinning counter clockwise. It would feel really weird. I think I tried it once or twice, and I couldn't control it well, so I never tried again. When I started playing I just naturally spun clockwise, and I've been doing it ever since. I think I'm not the fastest spinner out there, though. I probably average 300-350 depending on how serious I am taking it. I can spin faster if I really try, but probably not sustainably for those long spinners.

My theory is that it's possible that different brain strengths might affect what direction you naturally want to move in, or possibly past muscle memory learning from other activities. However, I do think that naturally the fingers will want to draw circles in a counter clockwise direction when using a pen, because your hand has more strength in that direction, so I suspect few tablet players spin clockwise when right handed. I assumed, at first, that all mouse players would spin clockwise, because most of us are used to having a keyboard directly to the left of our mice, and naturally your body would want to move the mouse away from that obstruction. Also, the motion is similar to pealing with a knife, or other similar activities. Those are my thoughts on it.
kriers
All the science aside, how fast you spin, or which direction you spin fast comes down to the technique you put into it. If you invest time and strength on spinning any direction, you can make it in the end. Once I started working hard on developing a proper technique, I could regularly spin 440-470. It's still a bit of a hassle, though. I spin counter-clockwise now, but before then I was always spinning clockwise.

Protip: your fingers and wrist shouldn't be involved with spinning. Find a comfortable point on your wrist to put pressure on and shake it with your arm!

In fact, this works the same way with tablet, too...
RaneFire

kriers wrote:

All the science aside, how fast you spin, or which direction you spin fast comes down to the technique you put into it. If you invest time and strength on spinning any direction, you can make it in the end. Once I started working hard on developing a proper technique, I could regularly spin 440-470. It's still a bit of a hassle, though. I spin counter-clockwise now, but before then I was always spinning clockwise.

Protip: your fingers and wrist shouldn't be involved with spinning. Find a comfortable point on your wrist to put pressure on and shake it with your arm!

In fact, this works the same way with tablet, too...
I found out when I switched to clockwise with tablet that my middle-finger is actually in a key position to create a very fast circle with just my finger movement, on full area too, it would probably work better on small area. (See Rucker videos).

I can spin counter-clockwise too, using just my arm, but this is tiring. I prefer clockwise now.
I spin counter-clockwise with mouse, using arm, as you said. But I can't spin for shit the other direction, no matter how hard I try. I've been at it for ages. I think it's very difficult to change the muscle memory of your arm, and that's basically it.

Edit: Kriers, you're totally right about the applying pressure to a point on your wrist, I can spin clockwise with mouse now lol. Thank you! It's been like 3 months since I started trying to do it, I guess knowing how is more important!

My speeds are:
Mouse ACW: 400-430
Mouse CW: 350'ish for now :P
Tablet ACW 400-430
Tablet CW: 370-400, 450-477 if I get the right spot, but I just started this technique a week ago, finger control and position is hard.

My speeds aren't up there yet, since I'm not a good player. As I read in an earlier post by someone, your speed is influenced by your skill with mouse/tablet.
G0r

kriers wrote:

This is exactly how I do it. I don't know about tablet, but this has always worked best for me with mouse.
kriers

RaneFire wrote:

My speeds aren't up there yet, since I'm not a good player. As I read in an earlier post by someone, your speed is influenced by your skill with mouse/tablet.
These aren't related at all. You may consider spinning an entirely unique aspect of this game.
This is why some horrible players can spin 400+ without much effort, while top tier pros like White Wolf and Ragelewa spin rather slow compared to their level of skill.

Also, you're welcome ;p
show more