forum

Reserved Beatmaps Forum [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DJPop
From this thread.
I think it's hard to see which maps are reserved by people or when their list updated.
My idea is to create the new forum to let people post the list of maps they planned to make.
It will be a lot better to give details to people before decide to make a map.
PS. I just stole the reserved one :( (and seems like not the first time...)
tieff
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi
i agree but this would be pretty hard to do.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
Gabi
Gens

Echo wrote:

I never look at the reserved thread; I don't think it's fair to "reserve" a song.

However, I always do a search through all beatmaps (beatmap listing) before starting a new map. If my song is already on the list, I'll most likely submit just one difficulty. Otherwise, if the existing map is crap (by my standards), I'll submit a whole new set.
^
So I don't like this idea :|
Real1
I never look in the reseved map thread. And I don't reserve any maps... I do however search for it before mapping, like Echo mentioned.

But that doesn't stop me from supporting DJpop's idea. I think it can be useful... But I wouldn't use it.
Echo
I suggest we should get rid of the reserved map thread altogether. There's no rule against mapping the same song someone else has mapped. Most people search before mapping anyway, so if you really want to reserve, make a (proper) map and upload it to WIP.
Derekku

Echo wrote:

I suggest we should get rid of the reserved map thread altogether. There's no rule against mapping the same song someone else has mapped. Most people search before mapping anyway, so if you really want to reserve, make a (proper) map and upload it to WIP.
This. I never look at the reserved map topic. I've posted in it a couple of times, but I really see no point. Like you said, just search through the listings or using the Search bar and see if anyone's working on the song or if it's already there. (Even though you can make your own version anyway.)
Ekaru
I don't even search before I map a song in most cases. :P

Just bringing this up, but the Reserved Beatmap topic is/was very, very old. It was when the mapping community was much smaller. Now things are bound to get mapped multiple times, so it doesn't really matter. Not many people check it anymore anyways. 'Sides, it's such a pain to sit and read through lists when a lot of those songs don't even get mapped...

So I say no.
anonymous_old
Ryuukun
Ekaru

strager wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

'Sides, it's such a pain to sit and read through lists when a lot of those songs don't even get mapped...
Go to the topic and type the title of your song in the search box at the bottom.
Problem: I often don't have a song in mind. That, and I have a lot of songs I wanna map. Too much of a bother. Lots of people don't even get to the maps they reserved, so... =/
anonymous_old

Ekaru wrote:

strager wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

'Sides, it's such a pain to sit and read through lists when a lot of those songs don't even get mapped...
Go to the topic and type the title of your song in the search box at the bottom.
Problem: I often don't have a song in mind. That, and I have a lot of songs I wanna map. Too much of a bother. Lots of people don't even get to the maps they reserved, so... =/
If you don't have a map in mind what are you going to map?

You check the thread before you map, not before you think about mapping.
peppy
This is pointless.

Denied~