that is about the most useful thing I have seen a floppy drive do in 10 years
awp
I got my Fluttershy, eeyup
Philoslother
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ0JahhFkts

lets spin this sh*t
youtube links being stupid so just a url :x
jjrocks
I actually really did like this episode compared to the last few ones. They did a good job on spike, better than they have for many other characters. Good job guys <3
Philoslother
SilentKiller

Found this to be quite true.
Admirale_X
I love mlp!
jjrocks

Philoslother wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg-_HeVNYOk&feature=related

Hasbro..... :x how could you do this? :cry:
Nice use of music for that video, made me feel a little sorry for the gal.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
I think this whole Derpy shit is overblown. Like, why even put the effort into making that?
Why do people even care, it's seriously just a cartoon. You got your recognition, now stop crying that a show that has to remain politically correct by network standards. They're trying to remain as such so it can keep airing, holy shit.
Philoslother
If it's "just a cartoon" then why do people give a flying fuck what the characters name is? If your sensibilities are so refined that they are offended by the name of a cartoon character then you just need to lighten up.
MoonShade
I cant believe people are still arguing about the whole Derpy thing. Things are cleared now, waste your time in something more important, like browsing on mylittlebrony.com
Philoslother
I've been out of the brony loop recently thanks to Tribes: Ascend and the whole derpy thing was just now brought to my attention thats why I'm pissed now
Topic Starter
Pokebis

Philoslother wrote:

If it's "just a cartoon" then why do people give a flying fuck what the characters name is? If your sensibilities are so refined that they are offended by the name of a cartoon character then you just need to lighten up.
You really don't understand how business works, do you?
It doesn't matter how you think people should behave, this is just the way things are and everyone whining about it changing should grow up and deal with it.
They're going to do what they can to continue reaching the largest audience and, looking from their perspective, are the parents and children who watch it on television more valuable than the "bronies" who pirate the hell out of the show?
The name change was due to legitimate complaints and it was changed to continue meeting the network standards so it could keep airing. Would you prefer the creators protest so the show loses its license and ceases airing altogether? Derpy wasn't a thing until the fandom and you got your damn shout out. Why do you need to keep getting the same shoutout if you were already acknowledged?
Shiro

SilentKiller wrote:

Found this to be quite true.
I remember giving a perfectly logical answer to someone, explaining exactly what I like in the show and why it can be so popular. The person didn't listen a single word of what I said and just went "so you're just saying that the show is good that's not an answer". Since then I just go "fuck you" to anyone who asks why I love MLP. Seriously, when you ask a question, at least fucking listen to the answer.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
Why are you responding to a screencap of a bunch of carfuckers?
A lot of bronies do kind of attention whore. If someone doesn't like the show lay off 'em. If someone is desperately posting played out points is responding with the played out response proper?
Shiro
I was actually talking to SilentKiller, who agrees with what is said in the screenshot. And I agree with you when you say that lots of "bronies" are merely attention-whoring. My point was that most if not all of the people who ask that question don't give a shit about the answer, and that there ARE logical reasons why people like that show.
awp

Pokebis wrote:

because the logic is hilarious

I keep asking why people like MLP and the answer I keep getting from people who watch the show is "It's a good show". So why DO people watch it? Tell me, people who presumably don't watch it.

or, tl;dr, "I ask a question and get the same answer every time. Why?"
Quaraezha
Here's an article by Max Gilardi (The guy who made APPLE.MOV and others)
http://www.hotdiggedydemon.com/post/163 ... p-is-magic

This is the best article I have read regarding the MLP Phenomenon and as to why Bronies like MLP:FiM.
Philoslother
That....was an epic article. Well posted.
(and thats quite the epic sig. nice fusion of Soul Eater and MLP)
NotShinta

Quaraezha wrote:

Here's an article by Max Gilardi (The guy who made APPLE.MOV and others)
http://www.hotdiggedydemon.com/post/163 ... p-is-magic

This is the best article I have read regarding the MLP Phenomenon and as to why Bronies like MLP:FiM.
This is a wonderful article and I have been trying to speak it's contents for trillions of years

even the word bit
ztrot
I got 3 of the mane 6 toys :3
MoonShade
Bronies, infiltrating "We Love Cupcakes" (Frankfurt, Germany). I wish I were there, but it was too far away :(

Philoslother

awp wrote:

Pokebis wrote:

because the logic is hilarious

I keep asking why people like MLP and the answer I keep getting from people who watch the show is "It's a good show". So why DO people watch it? Tell me, people who presumably don't watch it.

or, tl;dr, "I ask a question and get the same answer every time. Why?"
Fuck logic haha
Kyonko Hizara

ztrot wrote:

Me is jelly
Quaraezha
iMuffin

ztrot wrote:

I have all the toys.
Quaraezha
The new Pony McDo Happy Meals aren't in the Philippines yet.

Which also sucks since Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy and Celestia weren't available in the first batch.
Cuddlebun
Celestia's not one of the toys at all, though. It's Applejack, Lily Blossom, Cheerilee, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, and Rarity.

Unless the Philippines gets different toys?
awp
I think Pinkie's in there too
Cuddlebun
knew I forgot someone
Topic Starter
Pokebis
Some kid at my school goes and gets a Mcdonalds toy like every day and he keeps giving me all the Raritys because he doesn't like them or something. Apparently they jacked the price of Mcdonalds toys from $0.50 to $0.90 a bit after these toys came out. Smart move, Mcdonalds.
Macalania
my ne Artwork (c) by me:

Cuddlebun

Pokebis wrote:

Some kid at my school goes and gets a Mcdonalds toy like every day and he keeps giving me all the Raritys because he doesn't like them or something. Apparently they jacked the price of Mcdonalds toys from $0.50 to $0.90 a bit after these toys came out. Smart move, Mcdonalds.
...he knows you can choose which toys you get right? And if they don't have the toys you want/need you don't have to get them? I get ponyfags up in McDonalds all the time asking which toys we have. I told one fat girl we had Applejack and she almost had an orgasm in my drivethru. Also you can trade toys if the person you talk to is nice.
awp

Pokebis wrote:

Apparently they jacked the price of Mcdonalds toys from $0.50 to $0.90 a bit after these toys came out. Smart move, Mcdonalds.
???

They're like $1.30 here or something. And that's still really cheap compared to the $5 toys they have at Toys R Us
Quaraezha

Cuddlebun wrote:

Celestia's not one of the toys at all, though. It's Applejack, Lily Blossom, Cheerilee, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, and Rarity.

Unless the Philippines gets different toys?
Oh, I was referring to the first batch of McDo toys.

The Philippines only got half of these, which was available during September 2011.
We have yet to receive the new set, the one where they replaced Celestia with Lily Blossom.
Topic Starter
Pokebis

Cuddlebun wrote:

Pokebis wrote:

...he knows you can choose which toys you get right? And if they don't have the toys you want/need you don't have to get them? I get ponyfags up in McDonalds all the time asking which toys we have. I told one fat girl we had Applejack and she almost had an orgasm in my drivethru. Also you can trade toys if the person you talk to is nice.
He does and he always asks what they have. I'm not sure why he keeps buying them.
xRayne
I finished my MLP set today :D (Glad she works at mcdonalds)

Also...you know you like MLP when you are talking about it with a customer in drive through and forget to hand them their fries as they drive off... >.>
awp

Pokebis wrote:

He does and he always asks what they have. I'm not sure why he keeps buying them.
he has a brocrush on you

also I see all the ponies with triplet graphics for cutie marks (AJ, Fluttershy, Cheerilee, Pinkie Pie, Rarity) are wrong, not just Fluttershy
ztrot
yeah a bit of a let down but better than nothing :P
xRayne

Was playing the puZZles on the MLP: FIM site and a video popped up.
show more