Saddest anime you've seen so far

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Jerry

Apex wrote:

Anime script:

One day, I was sitting alone in the classroom, it was afternoon, crowds of people were moving with happiness and chatting with each other. From one of them I heard:
“Hey, today’s Valentine’s day right? Are you going to confess to your lover right?”
“Ew, no! That kind of crap’s disgusting! I’d rather eat garbage!”
Valentine’s day, it was a word, so weirdly clear, so peculiarly realistic, it rang distant bells, in my memory. Then it seemed to have provoked something colossal, I had forgotten it all long! I am amazed that I had forgotten something as big as this.
It was a melancholic trauma I had endured.

“Afternoon,
I sat alone in the classroom,
gazing out the window,
as if she was still there. ”

I discovered her beauty by accident, he was like a dark and dumb(silent) comet, whose beauty is never admired until discovery. She was beautiful, at least in my perspective: her black, long hair, flowing like perpetual obsidian streams; her eyes, as bright as dark stars... I can’t saw a place in her that’s not imperfect. I fell in love quick.
But nothing is perfect, just when I was in a trance in love, I had noticed that early love(which is any love relationshups in schools lower than university, we call it “早恋”). I pretend that I never liked her and abhorred her. I displaced her beautiful images with ugly pictures, but I canI was ignoring her every day, but her memories will always seep in through my defenses. At home, I defiantly refused her memories and hated her. I acted if she was a heartless monster, but she was not, she was only a poor girl, being blamed for my inefficiency. I will keep pretending and supprressing, until the day I reach 18, that’ll be four years later.
But, I'm afraid that my psychological bulwark will not break down four years later.

Then I carried on, loveless.
It was until the day she left, we wrote cards to give to students leaving. I was stuck when I raised my pen, I tried to call back my meomories of love with great mind force, but to no prevail. All I can write is “Good Luck”. I wanted to travel to the days where I had not refused love, I wanted to travel to the days where I can saw her hair like obsidian flowing streams, her eyes like black stars, I wanted to travel to the days where there was no rule restricting love... But look at now, we might not meet again, until a student meeting afar at the future, I tried to seize as many beautiful pictures of hers as possible.
But she left, at last. Without an aroma of fragrance, without an image full of beauty, without a speck of dust, without a strand of hair...
I sat there sighing with remorse and intense melancholy, I tried to immortalize her by drawing her, but it was too ugly, I sighed again of my ineptness. I looked out the window, only if she was...there.
She was there walking down the road, although I can only saw here back, it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever saw, it was ineffable. I saw her walked down the road as she entered a car.
There can be still hope, I thought.

“Afternoon,
I sat alone in the classroom,
gazing out the window,
as if she was still there.
But all left was none.
She was not is SHE WAS.”

Oh, wait, I forgot I got to stop shitposting, pleasing ignore this thread and pretend that was not an anime script.
lol wat
Lucy-Kaede
I guess it depends on the person. But for me it was Angel beats.
Gorlum
Panty and Stocking is saddest animu ever.
Yumi14_old
Clannad After Story and AnoHana
gat1toneku
higurashi
Ventusu
Elfen Lied. T_T
Kinrinjin7
Higurashi and Elfen lied too :/, i'll put Garei Zero too.
anthonyyy0
Angel Beats! And the ending of Gosick was kinda sad.
Mogsy
  1. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
  2. Now and Then, Here and There
  3. Grave of the Fireflies
Human emotion > artificial/calculated writing.
silmarilen
i found the ending of blood-c to be quite sad. even though the anime is full of gore.
nirvashzero
angel beats!
defender97
Clannad.
Exerion
Clannad, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Madoka.
I can't choose one.
Magicphoenix
AnoHana, Clannad After Story, Kanon 2006, AIR!
emonite
Angel Beats!
Dafydd
Clannad: After Story - The most tear jerking anime I'd watched so far
Chrono Crusade - I don't know. I think this anime wasn't intended to be sad, but the last ep was just wtf. The "I don't want to die yet" line was just sooooooooo sad. I liked the manga ending better though.
dNextGen
Colorful
Mizou-kun
Kanon 2006 I guess..
Tenshichan
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Clannad: AS and ef - a tale of memories / a tale of melodies
Xylem Beer
5 centimeters per second
Mitsuneko
^ Sounds like a fanfiction I read once..it was sad too.

Clannad. I finally got around to watching it

I thought some parts of Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! were sad too..it's not done yet though
Nokeru

Tenshichan17 wrote:

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Clannad: AS and ef - a tale of memories / a tale of melodies
+1000 ;____;

I also added Myself;Yourself & Ano Hana o:
LunarSakuya
It's been a while but Clannad, Air TV, and a little of Natsume Yuujinchou
Mogsy

nekonomitsu wrote:

I thought some parts of Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! were sad too..it's not done yet though
If you think Papakiki is sad, I'd like to see your reaction to Usagi Drop.

Also, the beginning of Usagi Drop was pretty damn sad. Some episodes of Shigofumi also hit very close to home.
Sallad4ever

Mogsworth wrote:

nekonomitsu wrote:

If you think Papakiki is sad, I'd like to see your reaction to Usagi Drop.
Papakiki is sad only on the 2nd episode, the rest is uhhh. I think Usagi drop is the same too, only sad on the earlier episodes then the rest is very heartwarming to watch

I've watched Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 after reading this thread and I couldn't agree more
Mogsy

Sallad4ever wrote:

Papakiki is sad only on the 2nd episode, the rest is uhhh. I think Usagi drop is the same too, only sad on the earlier episodes then the rest is very heartwarming to watch

I've watched Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 after reading this thread and I couldn't agree more
Exactly my reaction, really. Papakiki is also a lot creepier in the few episodes I've watched than sad or heartwarming, whereas Usagi Drop made me cry with its first episode out of sadness and then turned into a gigantically heartwarming drama.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, meanwhile, left me in shambles even at work. So much genuine sadness.
mathexpert
The last few episodes of K-On!! were pretty sad, obviously not the *saddest* anime ever, but imo sad nonetheless. azu-nyan ;~;

also it was sad because the anime was coming to an end Dx
Dafydd

Tenshichan17 wrote:

I like this line up too.
I may have to watch the ef again since it was quite complicated for me to understand the first time I watched it. :D
Though I like the one where the white haired guy (i forgot the name) was the star of the series (memories/melodies? i forgot).

Mogsworth wrote:

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, meanwhile, left me in shambles even at work. So much genuine sadness.
I think Tokyo Magnitude 8 had a different kind of sadness it brings. It wasn't that tear jerking for me, but I felt really bad after watching.
ExoSpheRe
For Me Clannad and Clannad After Story + Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and Code Geass Hanyaku no Lelouch R2
Philoslother
Variante - requiem for the world. Almost cried at the end. :( Aiko......

saddest manga ever. dunno if its got an anime though
Marifune-kun
angel beats
Tweelon
...and Guilty Crown episode 15.

spoil ⇓
SPOILER
HAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
DJ Angel
Real men dont cry
Waryas
MAN U KNOW WHAT WAS SAD? POKEMON WHEN ASH LET BUTTERFREE GO
420Guy
Clannad,Clannad After Story, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Kanon 2006 and Gosick.
Nanael_old

Tweelon wrote:

...and Guilty Crown episode 15.

spoil ⇓
SPOILER
HAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
:<

I don't know about sad, but the most depressing anime I've ever watched is Boogiepop Phantom. It is just overall depressing, sepia everywhere, eerie sound effects, people crying, etc. It is also one of the most unknown anime ever.
10nya
Sora no Otoshimono - Tokeijikake no Angeloid .
at the first they are stupid specially Tomoki-kun but the ENDING T^T
bocca_old
AnoHana for sure. I mean, MENMAA WHYY MENMA WHY! :cry: The show should have been called "Menma: The Crying". Seriously though Elfen Lied is the saddest one for me. Such an painful anime. AnoHana was sad too but all the melodrama was a bit too much for me. Also, for crying out loud how many times did they say Menma in that anime.

Other sad one would be Beck. Anime not so much but halfway through the manga the atmosphere gets so sad and desperate. Still, one of my favorites.
Miyuki
All of Key's visual novel release (Clannad, Kanon, Air, etc.), Angel Beats, AnoHana, Graves of the Fireflies
taloscal
the saddest series in my eyes was Clannad after story, i'm not gonna spoil it but i think i balled my eyes out more than once in that series :cry:

Kanon and Air TV were pretty sad too, and AnoHana drove me very close to the edge
show more