Tablet vs Mouse

posted
Total Posts
show more
dNextGen
>last 2 pages

Soly
Wishy
Point is you have no idea how things are since you don't even play this game. Get good at tablet or mouse then come talk about any of it. Until then please refrain from discussing anything about osu!'s gameplay.
Pizzicato
just switched from mouse to tablet. I'm having a hard time getting used to tablet but everything seems easier :o

not sure if i can say that i'm good at mouse tho
thelewa

Pizzicatto wrote:

everything
STOP RIGHT THERE
DON'T USE THAT WORD
I JUST EXPLAINED WHY
BUT I DOUBT THAT IT REALLY MAKES EVERYTHING EASIER
UNLESS CARRYING THE TABLET HOME MASSIVELY IMPROVED YOUR STREAMING ABILITIES AND YOUR ACCURACY AND YOUR ABILITY TO READ HIGH AR
Neruell

Pizzicatto wrote:

just switched from mouse to tablet. I'm having a hard time getting used to tablet but everything seems easier :o

aren't you using mouse mode which actually makes most benefits and advantages of a tablet useless because you "actually" still play using a "mouse".
Pizzicato

Neruell wrote:

Pizzicatto wrote:

aren't you using mouse mode which actually makes most benefits and advantages of a tablet useless because you "actually" still play using a "mouse".

area setting is a pain in the ass. And I can control the pen better than my mouse, so I don't think i missed any advantages at all. I can pen tap too, but not that good :(

ragelewa wrote:

Pizzicatto wrote:

everything
STOP RIGHT THERE
DON'T USE THAT WORD
I JUST EXPLAINED WHY
BUT I DOUBT THAT IT REALLY MAKES EVERYTHING EASIER
UNLESS CARRYING THE TABLET HOME MASSIVELY IMPROVED YOUR STREAMING ABILITIES AND YOUR ACCURACY AND YOUR ABILITY TO READ HIGH AR
sorry. "almost everything"
thelewa
but the main advantage is the fact that the set area = your screen so when you tap on the corner it will always tap the corner of your screen etc

so you are pretty much missing every advantage of a tablet by using mouse mode
Zelmarked
Nobody pursues the use a product that is equal to or lesser than the existing default option. Controllers are better than a keyboard if you are playing a fighter as it may require you to press a multitude of keys. A joystick is better than a M+K for the aforementioned reason plus the unlimited steering as opposed to having to pick up your mouse repeatedly. A car seat would be preferable for a racing game as the controls are exactly that of driving which most are used to and once again, the aforementioned reason..

Now the tablet. Why would it exist in use for osu? It wouldn't for any other game. It arose in use due to it being overall better given what's asked from the game. Think about the the amount of people you know who play PC first person shooters with an xbox 360 controller. None? Didn't think so.

http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/console-gamers-get-killed-against-pc.html
There was a project that got killed at Microsoft. This project was designed to allow console gamers and PC gamers to interact and battle over a connected environment. Personally I wish it would have stayed the course. I've heard from reliable sources that during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse.

The console players got destroyed every time. So much so that it would be embarrassing to the XBOX team in general had Microsoft launched this initiative.

The logic that composes my argument needs not to have gameplay experience. It is a simple observation of 2 things:
1:There have been use of alternative inputs for years which have helped players do better than the default input.
2:There is no explanation for the influx of tablet users outside what explains any other change in input device, to do better.
Neruell
My main reason to switch to tablet was not due to it's "overpowerdness" but simply because I killed 2 mouse (mice, don't know) while playing osu! and since I don't want to spend more money and keep a good mouse, tablet was a pretty good alternative and since then I can observe getting better in some aspects of the game AND I did become worse in others. From my point of view I wouldn't call a tablet a "wonder-tool" for osu! like a controller for a fighting game.

But that is just my point of view and I couldn't see any ultra improvement like I see on others like Cookiezi or WhiteWolf to become from 0 up to 100 in no time.

P.S. I was shocked when the first fps game was released on a console long ago, from that moment fps died as a competitive genre and the whole technology and game developing became to degrade more and more (Crysis showed what a PC truly can compared to anything else and that was years ago).
Pizzicato

in the end I listened to you guys :v
thelewa
and now put force proportions on and you'll be set
Royboyvdm
I actually bought a bamboo cl460, i used it and actually havnt got used it and switched back to mouse, i noticed it would be better to stay mouse for me as i have used it for over 7+ years and still play other game with mouse and it seems too hard to get used to the tablet (especially holding the pen).
Jalatiphra

Neruell wrote:

P.S. I was shocked when the first fps game was released on a console long ago, from that moment fps died as a competitive genre and the whole technology and game developing became to degrade more and more (Crysis showed what a PC truly can compared to anything else and that was years ago).

so much truth
DerekMcD

Royboyvdm wrote:

I actually bought a bamboo cl460, i used it and actually havnt got used it and switched back to mouse, i noticed it would be better to stay mouse for me as i have used it for over 7+ years and still play other game with mouse and it seems too hard to get used to the tablet (especially holding the pen).
Well... You should use this as drawing.
RhaiizoN
I have a tablet, just bought it and tried a couple weeks (almost a month), it's HARD
but I stack plays with a mouse somehow, thought if I have a tablet it makes me better :/
N A L U
I have never used mouse in osu!.... so tablet.
haineko123
i use tablet cause i happen to have one when i started playing osu...so yea...i use tablet...

its all personal preference. if you use mouse you gradually get used to it and if you use tablet you just get used to it. the more you use it the better you get at it. :)
Liut
WELL i played mouse for 2 months~
i recently bought a tablet and i tried it like 3-4 days , and i still can't get used to it.
Some moviments are really weird for me , like jumps and stuff >3<
I will give it some other time untill i return it
JulyXC
Mouse.
silmarilen

Liutprando wrote:

WELL i played mouse for 2 months~
i recently bought a tablet and i tried it like 3-4 days , and i still can't get used to it.
Some moviments are really weird for me , like jumps and stuff >3<
I will give it some other time untill i return it
i highly doubt anybody cant be as good as 2 months of mouse epxerience in just a couple of days with tablet.
kriers
I had to practise with tablet for 1 month to catch up with mouse, and then I had to play mouse for 6 months to catch up with tablet D:
thelewa
I had to practice a few days with a mouse to catch up to the level of skill I was after 8 months of tablet playing.
kriers
you are amazing... Never go back to tablet!
sCam
Play with a mouse. It really is hard to play with, especially for the harder/insane maps(obviously)
Never tried a tablet before, but I will buy one soon when I get the money. Just to see how good I can be with a tablet, not just with a mouse.
Salvage
tablet = instant cookiezi never miss ever

lol dohh
chibilawl
Same as dunku
Frizz
It's harder to play with tablet if it's your first time using it. Some people even ended up going back to mouse. The others keep it.
gat1toneku

Frizz925 wrote:

It's harder to play with tablet if it's your first time using it. Some people even ended up going back to mouse. The others keep it.
usually those people who are too good with mouse ended up going back to mouse
-Athena-

kriers wrote:

Mouse wins. Next.
BIG BIG YEAH!
SnowReborn
tablet for osu is much easier, but touch screen xDDD more easier, i think tablet is most stable tool to play osu :o
Kanye West

SnowReborn wrote:

tablet for osu is much easier, but touch screen xDDD more easier, i think tablet is most stable tool to play osu :o
It's next to impossible to do long streams using a touchscreen though. Unless you can tap your screen really, really fast.
Soly
M i l o t i c

gat1toneku wrote:

Frizz925 wrote:

usually those people who are too good with mouse ended up going back to mouse
silmarilen
i think i would suck if i switched to touch screen
F m L_old
touch screen is bs

its hard to stream with it
TenDesires_old
I wonder how does it feels when playing on a Cintiq tablet :D
Kazenari Tsubasa

kriers wrote:

Mouse wins. Next.
Mythras
JUST switched to tablet after 2 years of mouse (had big tax return check so i was like fuck it)

Main differences:

1. Spinning is 10000000000000000x easier. I spin like a god instantly, tho I wasn't bad with a mouse, you just have way more control with tab.

2. It's more fun, hovering the pen above the little pad is fun I don't know why

3. Hitting small notes is easier.

4. Streaming was easier with the mouse, tho im sure that will change.

The same day I bought it I improved a few of my SS's, in a couple weeks im sure the improvement will be drastic if I keep practicing.
silmarilen
i mostly hear people say spinning is easier with mouse :/
show more