forum

General/Set-up Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jinxy
I'll be away for the whole of tomorrow and most of Saturday. Leadership camps and whatnot
Jinxy
---------edited out because oh wait dumb--------

also, away from any mafia games starting now till tomorrow
bmin11
Uh, I don't think that's appropriate to post right now.
Sync
modkill: JInxyjem

discussing games outside of thread
Jinxy
fine sorry, removed
NoHitter
BTW Mashley, it's possible.
Most often the veteran players can pinpoint scum based on D1 "reads".

Edit:
Oh I forgot to mention that those veteran players are from MafiaScum and players from MafiaScum take everything too seriously, so never mind.
Mashley
Not during day one. Day one reads are useful later in the game when you can actually compare their day one speech to their actions later in the game and see how they match up.
NoHitter
So what basis should one lynch in Day 1?
Rantai
Speculation and guessing.

Admittance is everything.
Mashley
Yep it's major speculation, and luck most of the time. The only time day one lynches really have solid reasoning is when the mafia tries something really silly ie DxS in Celebrity PYP.
NoHitter

Mashley wrote:

Yep it's major speculation, and luck most of the time. The only time day one lynches really have solid reasoning is when the mafia tries something really silly ie DxS in Celebrity PYP.
So you CAN use reads on D1.
And therefore contradicted yourself!
Mashley
But situations like that aren't reads, they are major and obvious flaws in logic. Reading is more like a subtle analysis of the way someone posts.
NoHitter
On a serious note though, IMO you can use reads D1. They may not be as effective as using them D2 onwards, but using meta and observing any changes can make reads a viable reason for lynching during D1.
Mashley
Sort of. But you can hardly say 'these four people are confirmed because they look townish' straight off the bat, which is why I said that.
Two_old

NoHItter wrote:

BTW Mashley, it's possible.
Most often the veteran players can pinpoint scum based on D1 "reads".

Edit:
Oh I forgot to mention that those veteran players are from MafiaScum and players from MafiaScum take everything too seriously, so never mind.
I laughed heartily
Salvage
The difference with everything you guys said and the reality is that i'm good at reading people and nobody can deny it, i don't rememer ever being wrong on them anyways

So Mashley you can't really say if i can or not use reads on D1 cause i will, and i will succed at it
Wojjan
Mashley is just a sourpuss because we are lynching scum after scum in Themeless
Ivalset
Salvage's grasp of the English language is mindblowing.

It's so wrong but it's so right. Pretty logic. Innesesary.
Salvage
i love u too ival
Lilac
I will smash your head in be very angry if your next post isn't compliant with Standard English, Salvage.
Salvage
that's racist lilac
Sync
That's racist, Lilac.
Lilac
I suggest you look up the word racist, then try again when it actually is.

Political correctness is for those who whine non-stop.
Sync
he was joking silly
Chris_old
that's racist against argentinians
Salvage
ARGENTINIANS TALK GOOD ENGLISH YO
Chris_old
I feel bad for saying kill drakari

that was like his first game and I forgot

he never even got to play really
Salvage
i already said it in another thread i think, lurking shouldn't be an option in this game.

and not as a rule, as a playing tactic.
NoHitter
In other news:
ACHIEVEMENT GET!
Sleeper - Actually get confirmed as town by sleeping through one complete Night Phase.

Also feel asleep for 13 hours today...
Need help setting up my circadian rhythm :(
Topic Starter
0_o
So I've been thinking of a setup that involves everyone being able to talk outside of the thread, but not as exploitable as WWG can be (everyone PMing their role to a "confirmed" town, etc.), and I thought of this:

Neighbourhood Mafia
Players sign up in pairs. Each pair will be Neighbours, i.e., they may communicate freely outside the thread but will not be told the other's role nor alignment.
Once a player dies, they'll become neighbours with the next player whose neighbour dies. (Not sure about this part yet, but I'm just throwing it out there).

Thoughts?
Lilac
Change it to "Neighbourhood Mafia" and pair me with Rantai and I'll join.
Topic Starter
0_o

Lilac wrote:

Change it to "Neighbourhood Mafia" and pair me with Rantai and I'll join.
I KNEW there was a better way of calling it.
Chris_old
neighborhood > neighbourhood
Lilac
It's funny because Canadians still use British English.

Ha.
Topic Starter
0_o

Chris wrote:

neighborhood > neighbourhood
Let's take a worldwide vote on that.
Sync
I vote for neighborhood
Lilac
I wouldn't say that, 0_o.

We'd lose for sure.
Topic Starter
0_o

Lilac wrote:

I wouldn't say that, 0_o.

We'd lose for sure.
Not if we count each country as one vote ^____^
Lilac
No, we'd still lose.

A lot of English second-language countries are taking American English as the English they teach nowadays...
Topic Starter
0_o
Well shows you what I know about not-North America.
show more