forum

The Quick Brown Fox - The Big Black

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Mismagius

SapphireGhost wrote:

There's something about bubbling this map that sounds so bittersweet.
But I think I'll do so right now. (Cause I popped it nice and neat.)
They'll say the BPM should be changed, for consistency.
#bat discussed it, they said, that it's good and ready.
In short, this will be MAT bubble #1 for approval.
Bubbled!
More Information
For those who need translation, I pointed out the letterboxing thing and BD fixed it. I felt bad about popping the bubble so further modding was done and I noticed inconsistency in the BPMs. It was discussed in #bat and they decided it would be alright. Changing the taiko BPM to 360 and using a 0.5x section causes the first note to appear too quickly, and BD has a strong preference about keeping the standard BPM at 360.
Card N'FoRcE
BD has a strong preference about keeping the standard BPM at 360.
Oh yeah sure everything makes sense.
So let's fuck timing consistency for a preference in a single number.
Why, let's trow up every bullshit that's in the newrules discussion, you'll always allow preferences now guys, am i right?

Fuck your shit. I see this stuff with noises instead of music approved and other stuff can't be ranked or approved for bullshit.

Why am I even bothering to discuss everything again, I'm always wrong after all.
Lunah
Goodbye James, nullpointLOL, DaRRi MIx, 100pa-, Shinxyn, Al-Azif ♥
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

I'm sorry, I thought you were here for the "freedom mapping"? I have all the right to choose if I want to put the song's REAL bpm instead of halving it for the sake of consistency (which doesn't affect ANYTHING gameplay-wise).

Please stop being unneccessairly nazi.
rEdo

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

Why am I even bothering to discuss everything again, I'm always wrong after all.
welcome to the osu! of 2012. this isn't this old, good game with the community we loved. :c

lesslunatic wrote:

Goodbye James, nullpointLOL, DaRRi MIx, 100pa-, Shinxyn, Al-Azif ♥
/thread
ouranhshc
wait....so we can approve this but we choose to give soulfear a hard time with her maps?
Lunah
I am sorry, but this map is seriously ridicolous, first of all what's the point of double BPM, okay nvm.. AR10 is meh .. but what about these 1\4 jumps sliders, I really hope this will get unranked as this beatmaps is not funny to play at all, you're just mapping some background sounds, it's not a song lol.. it's called overmapping.

It's totally unplayable. parts like this : 00:21:620 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -

1/4 sliders jumpin across the screen 1,80 slider speed 360 bpm, this is just ridicolous.

00:57:590 (1,2,3,4) - extremly extreme

01:02:919 (1,2) - Jumps like this are just unplayable, it's not so distant yeah, but if you drop the 1/8 (360 bpm 1/4) slider you're surely going to lose the combo

just explaining some random things, but it's all really bad
A map can be impossible and fun at the same time; well it's not
Hika
Stop complaining about the jumps in Ascension to Heaven, BD.
THEY'RE NOT AS BAD AS THESE JUMPS HAIOAEHAEAUIOHEAUIE
Card N'FoRcE

Blue Dragon wrote:

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

I'm sorry, I thought you were here for the "freedom mapping"? I have all the right to choose if I want to put the song's REAL bpm instead of halving it for the sake of consistency (which doesn't affect ANYTHING gameplay-wise).

Please stop being unneccessairly nazi.
In fact my post is not for you, but for the "Team" who makes these stupid exceptions while other maps were not allowed the same things.

I don't really care about what you map and how you map it, but if there are going to be exceptions for the ranking/approving process then there's no point to have "rules" in modding and every map should be allowed to have exceptions as long as a reason is provided (and yours is "i prefer 360bpm instead of 180").
Gonzvlo
*sneaks in*

About the timing. The first BPM was 720 (IIRC?), then everybody agreed that the value was exaggerated and it had to be, at least, halved. Then the conclusion was reached, the BPM was 360.

"Why Taiko doesn't use 360?"

At first, I was like "If the slider-speed is too fast then use an Inherited Section to convert it", but then I talked to BD and Ono, they explained to me that the BPM messes with Hidden, making it impossible to play. (I asked in #bat beforehand, btw). My apologies for any misunderstanding.

About comparing the map with a completely different mapper/map, definitely a bad idea. If you want to complain about it try to make it a bit more specific, just like lesslunatic did.

*poofs*
SapphireGhost
I think the BPM is alright as it is, it's set differently on the osu!standard and taiko difficulty so that their respective maps play better. Seeing how there's no actual gameplay difference being made other than the number on the main menu screen, it should be alright.

To address the difficulty of the map, not all maps are for all people. If you don't like how hard the map is, don't play it. In fact, because this is approved, you shouldn't even feel obligated to play it for ranked score because it won't give you any. I'm sort of iffy about it myself, but because a good number of people enjoy this map I believe it should stay approved.
ouranhshc

Gonzvlo wrote:

*sneaks in*

About the timing. The first BPM was 720 (IIRC?), then everybody agreed that the value was exaggerated and it had to be, at least, halved. Then the conclusion was reached, the BPM was 360.

"Why Taiko doesn't use 360?"

At first, I was like "If the slider-speed is too fast then use an Inherited Section to convert it", but then I talked to BD and Ono and they explained to me that the BPM messes with Hidden, making it impossible to play. (I asked in #bat beforehand, btw). My apologies for any misunderstanding.

About comparing the map with a completely different mapper/map, definitely a bad idea. If you want to complain about it try to make it a bit more specific, just like lesslunatic did.

*poofs*

Light my Fire
Gonzvlo
Quick notice: Removed 3 posts since they were pointless in this dicussion, 2 of them were basically "Haters gonna hate". (The other one was just trolling).

If we don't want this to become a flame war, behave and explain your thoughts in a civil manner o3o7

EDIT:

For the ones who missed it, I explained the Timing "issue" on the previous page, btw o3o
Shiirn
Taiko used a different bpm than the standard diff because of a taiko bug

if you want to complain about bpm inconsistencies between difficulties due to bugs in taiko coding, which happen, you should be demanding the taiko bugs be fixed

not the correct timing.
Card N'FoRcE
It seems like you guys don't understand my point.
I'm perfectly aware that 180 or 360 is the same thing, but it seems like some people wrote this for a reason i don't know about:

Uninherited timing sections must be the same in every difficulty of the mapset. That is, each section must have the same BPM and offset in each difficulty. Furthermore, there must not be extra or missing uninherited sections in any difficulty. A song's timing doesn't change between difficulties, so there's no sense in having different uninherited sections per difficulty.
This is supposed to be a rule in your "rules". Different mappers is not contemplated as an exception. Therefore this breaks a rule which has been taken for granted for years now.

So why was this approved while timing was not consistent in the mapset?

Oh and don't try giving me the "oh but that's from the draft that's not definitive yet", because that would mean everything is still supposed to be guidelines so enforcing them as rules just gives you a shield to cover yourselves with.

You want to keep 360? Fine, you don't rank/approve the map, exactly like what was done with the other mappers in the past.

EDIT: the timing issue is with the TAIKO diff. I'm talking about the OSU!STANDARD diff.
Lunah

SapphireGhost wrote:

I think the BPM is alright as it is, it's set differently on the osu!standard and taiko difficulty so that their respective maps play better. Seeing how there's no actual gameplay difference being made other than the number on the main menu screen, it should be alright.

To address the difficulty of the map, not all maps are for all people. If you don't like how hard the map is, don't play it. In fact, because this is approved, you shouldn't even feel obligated to play it for ranked score because it won't give you any. I'm sort of iffy about it myself, but because a good number of people enjoy this map I believe it should stay approved.
(wasn't it a rule?)

Following your thoughts, we should be able to say "oh, I like to use double BPM or 1\4 of the BPM" and we should be able to keep it.
Well, if this is acceptable, I am going to use 1\4 of the BPM using inherit 2x and high slider velocity for make hold sliders.

was that hard write "Down BPM to 180 and use Inehrit sections 2x", it's the same result, and there was no problem
Topic Starter
Mismagius
I am sorry. *sighs*
Shiirn

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

It seems like you guys don't understand my point.
I'm perfectly aware that 180 or 360 is the same thing, but it seems like some people wrote this for a reason i don't know about:

Uninherited timing sections must be the same in every difficulty of the mapset. That is, each section must have the same BPM and offset in each difficulty. Furthermore, there must not be extra or missing uninherited sections in any difficulty. A song's timing doesn't change between difficulties, so there's no sense in having different uninherited sections per difficulty.
This is supposed to be a rule in your "rules". Different mappers is not contemplated as an exception. Therefore this breaks a rule which has been taken for granted for years now.

So why was this approved while timing was not consistent in the mapset?

Oh and don't try giving me the "oh but that's from the draft that's not definitive yet", because that would mean everything is still supposed to be guidelines so enforcing them as rules just gives you a shield to cover yourselves with.

You want to keep 360? Fine, you don't rank/approve the map, exactly like what was done with the other mappers in the past.

EDIT: the timing issue is with the TAIKO diff. I'm talking about the OSU!STANDARD diff.

Shiirn wrote:

Taiko used a different bpm than the standard diff because of a taiko bug

if you want to complain about bpm inconsistencies between difficulties due to bugs in taiko coding, which happen, you should be demanding the taiko bugs be fixed

not the correct timing.

360bpm is the correct bpm. In fact, 720 should be. it's speedcore or some crap like that. Blame renard, not BD. Quit spewing your rage-juices all over, it's unsightly.
Card N'FoRcE
It's not my fault if some people make stupid rules.

With that, I'm leaving.
OnosakiHito
About the different timing:
Gonzvlo mentioned it allready before why we changed it. Because of some bug's it self.
But it has been approved because Taiko dosen't count to osu!; to the osu!-rules as I know.

To avoid such similiar issues, we Taiko players are making rules for osu!-taiko as well. Also because this could give BAT's thinking about to make diverse scripting as for such issues in this case -> Invisible HD playing. But well, it will still need some time up to this day. orz

Please don't be mad at the BAT's, it was mostly my own please to do so, exactly because of those thoughts/reasons.

Edit: Okay, saw Card N' Forces edit.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

OnosakiHito wrote:

About the different timing:
Gonzvlo mentioned it allready before why we changed it. Because of some bug's it self.
But it has been approved because Taiko dosen't count to osu!; to the osu!-rules as I know.

To avoid such similiar issues, we Taiko players are making rules for osu!-taiko as well. Also because this could give BAT's thinking about to make diverse scripting as for such issues in this case -> Invisible HD playing. But well, it will still need some time up to this day. orz

Please don't be mad at the BAT's, it was mostly my own please to do so, exactly because of those thoughts/reasons.
People aren't complaining about how the Taiko diff is 180BPM - they're complaining about how the standard diff is 360BPM. This was my fault because I didn't want to change it. I am sorry.
Lunah

Shiirn wrote:

360bpm is the correct bpm. In fact, 720 should be. it's speedcore or some crap like that. Blame renard, not BD. Quit spewing your rage-juices all over, it's unsightly.
We're not talking about the song, we're talking about it must be played in osu! as approved beatmap, so you should adapt the bpm for make it playable, in this case, the right way was to use 180 bpm, 1\4 for streams and 1\8 for slider streams and "fast slider reverse".

720 BPM?, what's the point of mapping streams in 1\1 lol
Shiirn

lesslunatic wrote:

what's the point of mapping 180bpm if you can do it in 90bpm

or 45bpm
Cygnus
CONGRATS! 8D
Lunah

Shiirn wrote:

lesslunatic wrote:

what's the point of mapping 180bpm if you can do it in 90bpm

or 45bpm
Actually with 180bpm you can 1\4 stream and 1\8 for parts like this 01:13:577 (1) », in 90 bpm you are not able to map 1\8 stuff. 180 is totally fine. why use 720, you want to be the first when sorting by BPM?, also you're a MAT you should not answer in this way, using images for trolling etc, (this is offtopic I am sorry for this). Back to the map, if you are not able to use 360 or 720 for the taiko difficulty, then use 180 there is NO DIFFERENCE you have only to 2x sliders and you still follow "rules" that you made.
Tom69_old
Congratz for approval! Awesome map (like most of yours). *fav*
Topic Starter
Mismagius
To BATs: I wouldn't like you to lock this thread. This discussion has a point and I want to see what's gonna happen from this - it may be useful in seeing what the community thinks about doing in the future. Maybe even if the map got unranked I could learn from it so yeah.
mm201
BPM is kept consistent within each single difficulty
Expert has a need for 360--the "1/16" kicks.
Taiko has a need for 180--keeping a sane HS without introducing the Hidden bug.
Rules against 1/16 kicks and stuff are waived since this is for Approval.

Why is there a problem agian?
Gonzvlo

As for the map being confusing/unreadable. To be honest, in my opinion, even if the map is REALLY hard, it is well mapped and not overmapped. The song is unusual, but I think the Beatmap was mapped accordingly.

We can't expect every map to be exactly the same difficulty level. As the time passes by, mappers keep increasing the difficulty level. This was just a HUGE "jump" in the process, I suppose?

Just my point of view.

Also, yes. Let the discussion continue but do not post stuff like "LMAO", "UNRANK IT PLS" or "Reaction Images". That kind stuff is useless and pointless for this discussion.
Lunah

mm201 wrote:

the "1/16" kicks.
1\16? where? o_O

Gonzvlo wrote:

We can't expect every map to be exactly the same difficulty level.
[/size]
No one is writing this, about this, are just points of view, people can like the map or not. we're just writing about BPM thing that actually breaks a "rule".
Senyo
Awesome Map BD! I'm glad it got approved, this really is one of my favorite maps right now.

To those who are complaining about jumps etc. Use HT or something for god sakes, it got bubbled and approved for a reason and it sure isnt for people to start flaming about it. If you really wanted this map to stay unranked / nonapproved, you should have posted beforehand. Why bring things up when things already happened.
Analogy :

Some crazy organization : Hey lets nuke Russia!
People : Eh, ignore them. They're crazy
-builds up enough resource and money to do it-
-Nukes-
People : Friggin idiots, why'd you do that?! wow...

It doesn't work like that. Whats done is done, trying to undo what you guys were ignorant about is just being the same thing as a sore-loser BD actually put effort into getting this approved and I believe he deserves it.
People enjoy this map and like to play it. Some don't. BD actually put effort into getting this approved and I believe he deserves it

Easy solution : DON'T PLAY IT and let others enjoy it.
Sure
we need 1/16 beat snap divisor \:D/
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Senyo wrote:

BD actually put effort into getting this approved
Believe it or not, this is true. Continue the discussion, just don't blame me.
Cygnus

ykcarrot wrote:

we need 1/16 beat snap divisor \:D/
Made exclusively for this beatmap? Nah. If this ever happens, I expect more speedcores to be mapped. So a no no. D:
Shiirn

mm201 wrote:

Rules against 1/16 kicks and stuff are waived since this is for Approval.
oh, shit
Lunah
Repeating that actually there are no 1\16 beats\sliders D:

also I am writing this as people will say "Oh, Blue Dragon did it, so I can ignore this rule too"; actually this is the point, I don't get the problem, you can just "fix" this
Cygnus
If people hear of the word exception on this beatmap, that's where rules started to break apart. Everyone wants exceptions, and people will try to get that as much as they can for as long as they should.

EDIT: I guess this should be a good lesson for BATs. Never to give an exception for beatmaps even when they go for approval. Yes, I love the map and so does the song, but rules are rules people. We shouldn't do anything about that.
Sakura
From what i see the only solution to this is to halve BPM for osu!standard and double the SV for the EXACT SAME FRICKEN MAP, is it worth that much trouble for a number that appears on the song listing?

Edit: Also i want to clarify i dont like nor agree with exception to rules since the ones that are supposed to have expcetions are guidelines but the map's already approved, are u gonna just unrank it to fix a number?
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Philippines wrote:

Never to give an exception for beatmaps even when they go for approval. Yes, I love the map and so does the song, but rules are rules people. We shouldn't do anything about that.
I'm sorry for saying this, but...

What the fuck?
Lunah

Sakura Hana wrote:

number
So, everyone can say "Oh, it's just a number!", what's the point of the rule if it's only a number ? o_O
show more