forum

UNofficial Character Song Beatmapping Contest

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Starrodkirby86
Can judges submit maps as well? (Probably not, but no question is a dumb question!)

...I'd like to add something else...but we'll have to wait for the day of reckoning.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Sad to say, they can't, because otherwise there would be a bunch of bitching, no matter how it was done. -.-; And I don't like bitching, because it leads to drama, which leads to stress, which leads to me wanting to strangle the hell out of a bunch of people in chat. We don't want anyone strangled, so...

'Sides, since it goes by just adding up the scores, you'd only have 4 scores instead of 5, since we wouldn't let you judge your own map. :P I say "we" because the community would be against it.

EDIT: Before anyone ask, yes, English character songs exist. They are few in number, but they exist. I chose what is probably the funnest one and most liked out of that limited number. Was a tough decision.

Oh, and I'll be timing offline for these, so don't get any sneaky ideas. Just in case anyone was going to ask that.
BloodstealerTV
Might I be able to judge?
˙ןןǝɥ oʇ noʎ puǝs ʎןןɐuosɹǝd ןןıʍ ı uǝɥʇ ǝɯ ǝsooɥɔ ʇ,uop noʎ ɟı
Mogsy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
*might be interested in mapping* Deadlines are usually the only things that will get me to stop procrastinating...

And on that note... *rushes off to try and finish one of his own WIPs*
Topic Starter
Ekaru

BloodstealerTV wrote:

Might I be able to judge?
˙ןןǝɥ oʇ noʎ puǝs ʎןןɐuosɹǝd ןןıʍ ı uǝɥʇ ǝɯ ǝsooɥɔ ʇ,uop noʎ ɟı
Make a map right now. It must be ranked, have 100+ votes, and have a rating average of 9.0 or higher by May 30th. If you do this task, you can be a judge!

Otherwise, no, sorry. Looking for experienced people here. <_<; Did add two judges so far though.
Lesjuh
I'd like to judge. But seriously I will never be able to get a rating average of 9.0 cuz many stupid people vote 1,2,3 -_-
Larto
rating average of 9.0
wat

Well, I'd love to judge if you let me.
DawnII
I offer my judging services.
adam2046
He didn't mean everyone had to have a map like that, just someone who has never mapped before, he's essentially saying NO WAY.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

adam2046 wrote:

He didn't mean everyone had to have a map like that, just someone who has never mapped before, he's essentially saying NO WAY.
This. It was a test just for him. :D Larto and DawnII added, I'll think about lesjuh (might have to add another judging slot ;_;).

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, one of the reasons I'm not judging is so people have someone they can ask questions to, particularly about their map. Mostly just advice stuff. I can't judge fairly if I'm helping newbies. 'Sides, do we really want another Metalik? Considering I'll be on for most of the day during the beatmapping part of the contest, I'd say it's a way to make myself useful. Horray for PMs! (No rules about letting non-judges mod your maps, if you use PMs. Judges can't mod your maps though, but that's common sense I think)

Oh, also, please, no one map the wrong song this time, considering the mp3 will be posted here. Someone did that last time, and I really don't want that to happen again. ><;
Zatoichi
I'll be a judge. Sure.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Zatoichi
And who will object?
Derekku

Zatoichi wrote:

And who will object?
Some people only want BAT's (or really high ranked people) to judge.
LuigiHann
But Zatoichi is a COOL DUDE, so he's certainly qualified in my opinion.
Derekku
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Zatoichi wasn't picked for a judge for various and valid reasons. As I said in the first post, I'd consider you if you signed up, but it wasn't a guarantee. Some of the reasons?

- 1 Ranked map, 12 graveyarded maps. The issue here is that this doesn't show much dedication.
- He's more blunt than foulcoon at times. ><; The issue for that comes in judging comments. At least foulcoon often gives reasons for his bluntness. ;P
- Some people I know would be annoyed that someone who isn't known for modding would be a judge, and they aren't. -.-; I can only have so many judges for various reasons.

Just some of the reasons. Sorry about that. Only thing you get for judging is knowing that you made this thing possible. You can achieve the same affect by participating and giving other people a run for their money. ;)

Knowing Zatoichi, there's a chance he might like the English song I picked. Then again, the 3 or 4 people I talked to about it (Pfft if I'm going to pick a song without consulting some people first) liked it, so that's a good thing. ;)

The good part is that he can fix all these things rather easily by simply making more great maps like Cocaine and not ditching them as often. Then he'll become more known and have more respect. Then, all the issues would be resolved, since he would certainly be qualified. It would really only take a few more Ranked maps to make him 100% undeniably qualified beyond a doubt at this point, actually, since he hasn't been acting like an ass lately. He's... improved, to say the least. :D
Zatoichi
I'd call you a biased little bitch right now if it didn't make me seem butthurt. But I guess its your job to be like that. I just wish you'd be more convincing with your reasons than giving me bullshit like that.

Sorry to sound like this, but you're using my "fuck off" attitude and applying it to a situation I wouldn't use it in.
anonymous_old

Zatoichi wrote:

I'd call you a biased little bitch right now if it didn't make me seem butthurt. But I guess its your job to be like that. I just wish you'd be more convincing with your reasons than giving me bullshit like that.

Sorry to sound like this, but you're using my "fuck off" attitude and applying it to a situation I wouldn't use it in.
I'm sure attitude has a lot to do with it too.

You're giving him more reason not to allow you as a judge.
foulcoon
Larto
lukewarmholiday
inb4digimonsongs
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Internet was down since June 2nd. Still is down. ;_; Anyways, here are the songs, mp3s and timings and submission will be up when the internet's back up. :P im at the library

English: Two Perfect Girls

Japanese: Tomorrow (sung by Kiuchi Reiko) OR Treasure of Miracles (sung by Tsumura Makoto)

^still gotta decide there, narrowed it down. Uh, vote on it? I'll decide when the internet's back up. I like songs sung by boy voices, and these are catchy, so deal with it kthx. English song is just win.

So... be patient please. ><;
Derekku
Treasure of Miracles sounded really cute and catchy.

*votes for that one*

Also lol pokemon/digimon
tieff
Vote for Treasure of Miracles.

Also, I'll go like mapper.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Kicked this off. You guys can start mapping/complaining now. ;)

Sorry 'bout the delay. I blame all the technical guys my mom asked that never even came up with the idea to try the other thing that we can connect through. My mom did that a few hours ago, and it worked... *ahem*

Anyways, go at it. You can PM me/ask in chat if you want any modding/ pretend judging. Don't ask a judge to mod your map; they can't.

EDIT: I uploaded the wrong song, posted the wrong Japanese song on the 13th, etc. Lemme fix this...

EDIT2: Correct song uploaded, NOW go ahead.
Derekku
inb4 I wait until the last day or two to map

:<
Starrodkirby86
I think it's safe to say that the artist for Two Perfect Girls should be Eric Stuart , the voice actor for the character singing the song...

What do you think?
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Sinistro
I'd like to be a judge, please.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Emergency post:

NO ONE TOUCH THE ENGLISH SONG YET.

We have an issue. I apparently may have uploaded the wrong song while drunk on root beer. We are currently deciding whether to go with Two Perfect Girls, or this:

So lemme edit thou post, K? K. Give me a day.
Derekku
TEAM ROCKET TEAM ROCKET TEAM ROCKET TEAM ROCKET TEAM ROCKET TEAM ROCKET TEAM ROCKET TEAM ROCKET

I'M GOING TO FUCKING MAKE A MAP FOR THIS AND IF YOU DON'T INCLUDE THIS SONG I'M GOING TO THROW A FIT

</caps> :3
anonymous_old
wtf.

That's not Giovanni's voice.

>_>
Topic Starter
Ekaru
With certain people's input, I've decided!

You guys had your chance for input for days before the contest started. Since I did announce the songs when I said I would, you guys can just endure, since some people started mapping and I don't want to screw them over. That, and this song is nice for mapping. Fun song.

*puts everything back*
Zerostarry
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Sinistro
Even though Team Rocket rocks more than Brock, Double Trouble seems to be a hard song to make rhythm patterns out of. Too slow, or something. Brock's song is easier to map.
show more