Oh.. yeah.

My bad, thnks ;)
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan

iMercurial wrote:

Spectator
YAXAZ
AleZer0
YAXAZ? Sorry no person found by that name. o-o You mean XAYAZ?
Mercurial
adhasodkjaspoidaojaiopdjaodjaspdja x.x
HineX
Reminder: It should be hy1hy1hy instead of hy1hy1hy1
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan
Thanks for the notice. O: Want everyone's username to be correct.
Spectator
Kenji
Joynama
hy1hy1hy
ExGon
CTB user
CLSW
NoteKuroi
Eldnl
VerperK
Senyo
DaxMaster
Dark Diego
Sumaki
k4mm3r
AleZer0
Jeya
GuruK
ElectricShock
VelperK
Cool proyect yuki :3

okay, i think i should do it in order, though it's really hard to generalize, since there are different skills and focuses in ctb...

1-corruptCTB
1-Kenji
2-ExGon
3-Senyo
4-Krzysiek
5-CTB user
6-Shana
7-mikhe
8-HineX
9-Louis Cyphre
10-AleZer0
11-Spectator
12-Nadger
13-joynama
14-CLSW
15-NoteKuroi
16-ElectricShock
17-k4mm3r
18-eldnl
19-Sumaki
20-Dark_Diego
CLSW
eldnl
Nico Nico Douga
ExGon
AleZer0
kenji
VelperK
joynama
NoteKuroi
HineX
Berncastell
Spectator
Dark_Diego
Khaos
Flanet
Sumaki
hy1hy1hy
Dusk
Jeya
Senyo
CTB_user

Ofc no particular order.
thelewa
fishie
Why
kenji
ExGon
mikhe
HineX
NoteKuroi
CTB user
VelperK
CLSW
ElectricShock
Dusk
Louis Cyphre
AleZer0
Jeya
Ibuki Suika
Kuzino
GuruK
Spectator
Dark_Diego
eldnl
Berncastell
Disease_old_1
my list (not in order)

HineX
Exgon
VelperK
goddamn Senyo
kenji
Spectator
CTB user
ofc mikhe
AleZer0
NoteKuroi
Louis Cyphre
hy1hy1hy
Sumaki
Dusk
Guruk
Dark Diego
eldnl
k4mm3r

special mention

corruptCTB
VelGon Cyphre
gnoxes
Luffy in the Sky
ME ME ME ME

noob of the year:
DontBrownieMir <3
Scarlet-Lady
not in order ><

S..Shana..
Kenji
VelperK
gS (goddamn Senyo)
AleZer0
NoteKuroi
k4mm3r
Dark Diego
Salwinjack
mikhe
CodeABC
Valetine
CTB User
Starry_old
My List

kenji
VelperK
mikhe
Shana
NanaYukari
Berncastell
HineX
Nadger
Spectator
Silver Flash
joynama
Dusk
XAYAZ
Jeya
hy1hy1hy
Madoka
GuruK
Ctb User
eldnl
NoteKuroi
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan

VelperK wrote:

Cool proyect yuki :3

okay, i think i should do it in order, though it's really hard to generalize, since there are different skills and focuses in ctb...

1-corruptCTB
Thanks. O:

And haha. nice #1 strike = =
JenLee
Senyo
ExGon
VelperK
Sumaki
Jeya
Spectator

I think some people need to look at this when choosing their people:
SPOILER
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/239845
Mara

ragelewa wrote:

fishie
This guy is a real beast.
Mercurial
VelperK deserves all the votes.

Big big yeah!
Rey Fullbuster
kenji
mikhe
velperk
SS_Kanzaki
ExGon
Nyan_Zapo
Weezy
AleZer0
Flanet
hy1hy1hy
eldnl
CTB_User
Shana
Silver_Flash
NoteKuroi
GuruK
HineX
skyguard39
ThOnz
blacksymbian
ziin
you should take the top 25-30 mentioned users, open another poll, and have people pick their own top 20 in order, giving number 1 20 points, and number 20 1 point.
eldnl

ziin wrote:

you should take the top 25-30 mentioned users, open another poll, and have people pick their own top 20 in order, giving number 1 20 points, and number 20 1 point.
That's not the correct way.
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan

ziin wrote:

That wouldn't be a sufficiant way to count the votes. All CTB players are good in their own way, that's why I'm using the voting system this way. It's quite difficult to ask people to list the top 20 CTB players (of their choice) from 1-20 considering the different viewpoints everyone can have. Fl, no mod hr, hd, hr+hd, dt, dt+hd, fl+dt, etc. So many different mods that people are good at, it's just a stupid thing to ask people to list from 1-20 and give off points based on that.
Disease_old_1

ziin wrote:

Yuki Hana-Chan wrote:

That wouldn't be a sufficiant way to count the votes. All CTB players are good in their own way, that's why I'm using the voting system this way. It's quite difficult to ask people to list the top 20 CTB players (of their choice) from 1-20 considering the different viewpoints everyone can have. Fl, no mod hr, hd, hr+hd, dt, dt+hd, fl+dt, etc. So many different mods that people are good at, it's just a stupid thing to ask people to list from 1-20 and give off points based on that.
its already obvious who's better than who, but as Yuki said, they are good in their own ways, one's good in HD HR, one's good in FL, one's in tag4 maps. overall if you ask the CTB community they will give you the same people all over again.
ziin

eldnl wrote:

It's how every sport gets rankings...
CLSW
I failed at that methods.
thOnz
- Hinex
- NoteKuroi
- Senyo
- Exgon
- CLSW
- DaxMasterix
- Velperk
- Nadger
- Dusk
- Kuzino
- Eldnl
- Deif
- AroundTheManhole
- Ibuki Suika
- Joynama
- Kenji
- Berncastell
- Silver Flash
- Jeya
- Sumaki

not in order <3
Laharl
Let's see.

Not in parcticular order as it is hard to do.

- CLSW
- ExGon
- NoteKuroi
- Spectator
- Senyo
- VelperK
- HineX
- CTB_User
- Nyan-Zapo
- kenji
- Deif
- DaxMasterix
- eldnl
- SS_Kanzaki
- Jeya
- hy1hy1hy
- ElectricShock
- AleZer0
- GuruK
- mikhe
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan

ziin wrote:

eldnl wrote:

ziin wrote:

It's how every sport gets rankings...
Skill =/= Rank.
ziin
I assumed you wanted to rank them. Oh well. If the video is just going to be "20 really good CTB players" rather than "Top 20 CTB players" then it's fine.
Senyo

ziin wrote:

I assumed you wanted to rank them. Oh well. If the video is just going to be "20 really good CTB players" rather than "Top 20 CTB players" then it's fine.
I'm assuming you can't comprehend what a "Top 20" is. 20 really good CTB players really can by anyone that ANYONE considers good. A top 20 means literally who's better then who, not what rank they are. Rank doesn't tell everything, rather it just tells you how actively they play.

These people are voting for who they think should be in the top 20 based on skill and not the ranks they get.
(Though why I'm on there, I don't even know as I have 14 top ranks. See the point?)
VelperK

Senyo wrote:

ziin wrote:

I'm assuming you can't comprehend what a "Top 20" is. 20 really good CTB players really can by anyone that ANYONE considers good. A top 20 means literally who's better then who, not what rank they are. Rank doesn't tell everything, rather it just tells you how actively they play.

These people are voting for who they think should be in the top 20 based on skill and not the ranks they get.
(Though why I'm on there, I don't even know as I have 14 top ranks. See the point?)
weeell... the only word "TOP" refers to a list of who's better than who or what is better than what and so... but it is ok this way too, no complains with that. also, yeah, rank =/= skill.
NeoRainier
Oh god, it's really hard putting just 20 names, well:

-ExGon
-kenji
-mikhe
-Deif
-NoteKuroi
-CLSW
-Spectator
-HineX
-eldnl
-GuruK
-Sumaki
-Kitsunemimi
-CTB User
-AleZer0
-hy1hy1hy
-Senyo
-ElectricShock
-Flanet
-Nadger
-Berncastell

random ordered
Deif
I forgot what I voted in the CTB general thread orz... I'll give a new list (not in an specifical order):

kenji
ExGon
mikhe
VelperK
CLSW
Spectator
HineX
GuruK
Senyo
ElectricShock
CTB user
hy1hy1hy
Berncastell
Louis Cyphre
NoteKuroi
Jeya
AleZer0
k4mm3r
joynama
H i M e J i

A lot of Koreans will appear in that video for sure :p
ziin

Senyo wrote:

you assumed wrong, and you're assuming I'm talking about ranked score, which is also incorrect.

Ranking is an order for "who's better than whom" and a "top 20" would be a ranking of the 20 best. That's why every time you see a "top x" countdown or something, there is a list from x to 1, usually implying that #1 is better than #x.

As far as I can tell Yuki is just going to get 20 of the best CTB players and assume they are all of equal skill.
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan

ziin wrote:

As far as I can tell Yuki is just going to get 20 of the best CTB players and assume they are all of equal skill.
Ehh. o---o You think I think that everyone is equal of skill (of the top 20)? nonono.
Look. I'm using my voting system the way I think is best. I count the number of votes, whoever has the most is #1. Whatever.
Just because they're #1 doesn't mean that they're the BEST. Some pros are unknown because they don't have ranks. o-o
The whole reason why i'm doing a poll is because I want everyone's opinion. Not mine. o-o
ziin
but you're giving equal weight. It's just a popularity contest on who is more known, which would be avoided if you give #1 more weight than #2.
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan
I guess. But hey, what can I do now. I'll keep that in mind for future polls though. Thanks. O:
ziin
You make a 2nd poll with the 30 players with the most popularity votes and make people choose and rank their top 20. that way those who have few votes would get more coverage, so long as the voters actually do their research.
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan
You want me to start the poll all over again...? lolnothanks. No one wants to spend time researching who they think is the best. I'm sure a lot of people are lazy and don't feel like doing it. People were already irritated with the fact that they had to post top 20 people again (from other forum).
kriers
well hey, I like ziin's idea here. If you're set to make a good representable list that can be justified before potential flame wars, then using a 2nd poll is a must. (I'm not a CTB player so I don't belong here- kkthxbye! *poof*)
eldnl
I like ziin's idea too, and also you shouldn't make the poll again. You must make 2.
show more