forum

I think we should do something about JJ (Video Included)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Losses
It's about JJ,if you think what i said is absurd,please press "CLOSE".
As a Chinese,some time we should keep something for the country,but this time, I think I should stand with YOU,dear OSU Players!
It's not strange that chinese company copy some game from others, this time the poor boy is osu!,the copier is Kingsoft,and the game named "JJ",(if you want to see it... http://jj.xoyo.com/)
It's the same as osu!,include beatmaps,you can put your beatmap in it and it's similer with osu!.
I feel angry,we should do something about that,it's excessive!
(poor English :P

http://you.video.sina.com.cn/api/sinawe ... n1ho/s.swf
Gaba
From what i saw on the site this is just a browser version of osu, it's funny that they used some kind of edited lucky star skin

And it's very laggy, at least for me.
Topic Starter
Losses

Gaba wrote:

From what i saw on the site this is just a browser version of osu, it's funny that they used some kind of edited lucky star skin

And it's very laggy, at least for me.
one link named“客户端下载” is for download it,you can have a try,its full of bug
Quaraezha
NAW, SEEMS PRETTY ORIGINAL TO ME. NOTHING osu!-LIKE AT ALL!

But honestly though, do they profit from this?
TKiller
didn't strager make one already
Rena-chan

TKiller wrote:

didn't strager make one already
Yeah, he did. I forget the URL, though...
SilentKiller
Actualy there is nothing that can be done. Unless he directly ripped source codes from Dean. Yes its basicly the same thing. But as you can see its web based not a actual program. It also seems as a work in progress. Its not even worth the time to mess with it. Unless it does become some big seller in the future. However I dont see that happening with the skill level of the coding here. Could just be someone messing around too. Have you even tried to get in touch with this "JJ" to ask him how this came about. Probably not. So possibly find out where it originated from and get some facts before you shout OMFG HE COPIED YO SHIZ LETZZZ DO SOMETHING!!@#!@#!@#!@#@!#

Copyrights are funny about stuff.
Pokebis
Except it ripped some sound and graphics without permission.
Not that any of us will care. Let China do their thing.
Topic Starter
Losses

Pokebis wrote:

Except it ripped some sound and graphics without permission.
Not that any of us will care. Let China do their thing.
most sound file's from osu!!!!
I will upload a video,let you see how interesting it is.
mathexpert
lol this isn't china's fault; just a person whose race may or may not be of Chinese origin. If you want to make a stereotype at least do it with a bit of intellect.
Pokebis
I'm not "making" a stereotype. It's already there and for a very good reason. Chinese companies and individuals are well known for stealing copyrighted content. It seems odd for you to take offense to such a thing anyways.
mathexpert
well first of all, I was mostly talking to Zelmarked, but..

Pokebis wrote:

Chinese companies and individuals are well known for stealing copyrighted content. It seems odd for you to take offense to such a thing anyways.
ahaha as if other people don't. stealing copyright content has nothing to do with ethnicity. I'm sorry, I just can't stand stereotypes and the people that believe them to such an extent.

Also - I'm Chinese, but that has nothing to do with it. If it were any other race I would still react the same way.
-Athena-
oh god... and im chinese as well....
(hides in a hole)
JauiPlaY
樓主你想表達甚麼
jjrocks
:I Out of all the combinations of letters they could chose, why did they have to choose JJ?
Zelmarked
Final combat. Not new news.
Agnes
They were obviously stalking you, JJ.

EDIT: holy ninja
Galkan
Either nice stealing someone else's work attempt or concept for osu! 2 (if it ever was to come out) :-P
Sakura
Please dont start any racial attacks in here, im talking to you Pokebis, ragelewa and Rii.

@OP: Might not want to use caps lock for the whole thread title
NoHitter
Someone delete all the off-topic posts?

My opinion on the matter:
It happened before. Final Combat ripped off TF2. I also recall their being a "iPohne 6".
I don't think we can do anything about it though.
The sound files and images may be really ripped off, but they're fairly easy to remake without having to copy the exact files.
Basically we can't prove that they used the same images, so we can't do anything.
thelewa
On topic, why would this matter? Isn't osu! a rip-off of the ds games anyway
Shohei Ohtani
I read the first page, and saw relevant discussion. I'm busy with stuff today, so I decided to just go straight to the third page.

wtf happened on the 2nd page.
NoHitter

ragelewa wrote:

On topic, why would this matter? Isn't osu! a rip-off of the ds games anyway
Well technically yes, but peppy ported the game to the PC.
That game "copied" the PC port.
ShangMing_old
Gonzvlo
Hey guys, just a quick reminder. This is General Discussion not OT o3o
Mashley
Jesus, that is just excessive.
SilentKiller

ShangMing wrote:

I love this guy!
Rii_old_1

Sakura Hana wrote:

Please dont start any racial attacks in here, im talking to you Pokebis, ragelewa and Rii.

@OP: Might not want to use caps lock for the whole thread title
only reason I blamed jjrocks is because of the "jj" in his name.
also the name of that game is "JJ" incase you didn't notice.
seriously no idea how you would think a word/name joke is a racial attack.

just incase @jjrocks: if I've offended you, sorry for that.
awp
I've read this thread before but the title made me think of jjrocks and the "(Video Included)" part made me laugh

and then I was disappointed when I found out the thread betrayed my expectations
ouranhshc
yeah, i expect this thread to be about jjrocks .

/disappointed
jjrocks

Rii wrote:

just incase @jjrocks: if I've offended you, sorry for that.
XD Jeez, You didn't offend me at all! If anything it amused me!~ I more annoyed at the creators using my name for a purpose like this. Especially since my real name IS JJ (only sacred people are supposed to have this name >:I). Take it easy ^^;

However seeing "I think we should do something about JJ" is a bit intimidating, made me worry for a sec :c
UnderminE
we love jjrocks
Rii_old_1
alright, it's good to be sure I didn't offend anybody, amusement was my goal \:D/

but srsly how did sakura hana jump to conclusions like that.
show more