forum

Post your desktop setup

posted
Total Posts
show more
shinn_old
Thanks phill!
Tapdancingmetroid
I just got this computer recently, so my desktop setup is pretty basic/messy.
Also, this computer is actually better than you might guess from looking at the monitor. It has quad core! :3

awp
MOMOTARO !!!!!

My desktop setup is hilarious right now. My monitor is on my plastic filing-cabinet-esque clothing dresser, my mouse/mousepad is on the box for my subwoofer (actually, the subby is still inside that box right now) which is on top of my PC tower, and my keyboard and speakers are on my monitor's box which is on top of my PC-tower's box. It's like I'm a hobo nerd or something.
Loginer

:3
chingy1788
Darius Ukugagi
So, uh, anyone got a camera I could borrow for mine? .____.;
eirrol

Peppy, I always thought you were a girl...
Topic Starter
peppy

eirrol wrote:

I'm confused as to why you make this remark in the desktop thread :P.

Aaanyway I'm gonna repost with my new pc setup :D. Quad cores of doom. They compile osu! fast.

awp
Your keyboard is so flat; that'd drive me nuts.
Topic Starter
peppy

awp wrote:

Your keyboard is so flat; that'd drive me nuts.
Its really nice to use in practice.

awp
Hmm, well maybe it's the key layout in my laptop that leaves me with a sour taste and not the whole flatness issue. There is only one place in my heart for the ~, and it's not beside the right ALT key, that's for sure.

I should post my current desktop setup here too (AT WORK LOL) but did not bring digital camera to work; I'll try to do so tomorrow.
eirrol

peppy wrote:

eirrol wrote:

I'm confused as to why you make this remark in the desktop thread :P.

Aaanyway I'm gonna repost with my new pc setup :D. Quad cores of doom. They compile osu! fast.
T_T You are super rich........
chan

eirrol wrote:

eirrol wrote:

I still think that you haven't justified your remark :P
eirrol

chan wrote:

I still think that you haven't justified your remark :P
Just ignore me...
Topic Starter
peppy

eirrol wrote:

Nah, super poor with a super awesome pc :P
TiZ
I'll show you a poor desktop setup (or would it be a laptop setup?).

Yes, that's a Pepsi can. I took this picture like, two or three minutes ago. And the picture is made even more poor by the fact that I took it on my Virgin Mobile phone. :P

EDIT: The icon on the top area... second from the right... Yeah, that's osu!. :D
eirrol

TiZ wrote:

I'll show you a poor desktop setup (or would it be a laptop setup?).

Yes, that's a Pepsi can. I took this picture like, two or three minutes ago. And the picture is made even more poor by the fact that I took it on my Virgin Mobile phone. :P

EDIT: The icon on the top area... second from the right... Yeah, that's osu!. :D
I think that the table is just smaller..|||
TiZ
Oh yeah. The table is quite small. :P
Mogsy
OK, I got my new setup. The very sad thing is that I can't run Osu on this. ;-; And thanks to not being able to change the graphics card, I'm screwed. Oh well.

eirrol

Mogsworth wrote:

OK, I got my new setup. The very sad thing is that I can't run Osu on this. ;-; And thanks to not being able to change the graphics card, I'm screwed. Oh well.
Really simple! I like your window.
PS how can you not able to change the graphic card? Even so, you can try another type of driver that is shareable with this one...
Mogsy
Because most graphics cards are soldered onto the motherboard of the laptop itself. ): Although I could get someone who knows what they're doing to fix it, but I have little time or money.

And yeah, ahahaha, complicated setups are just not me. Thank you, I like my window, too. xD
Topic Starter
peppy

Mogsworth wrote:

Because most graphics cards are soldered onto the motherboard of the laptop itself. ): Although I could get someone who knows what they're doing to fix it, but I have little time or money.

And yeah, ahahaha, complicated setups are just not me. Thank you, I like my window, too. xD
:(

You know, one of these days I really should look at ditching pixel shader requirements for osu!. This seems like one of the big changes that needs to be made before going big-time publicity wise.
Mogsy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
phill_old

Mogsworth wrote:

peppy wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

:(

You know, one of these days I really should look at ditching pixel shader requirements for osu!. This seems like one of the big changes that needs to be made before going big-time publicity wise.
Yeah...although this thing is already kicking the bucket, even a few days after I got it (gotta LOVE how I have never had a new computer, always a hand-me-down). I need to send this somewhere to get the graphics card changed...I mean, I can't even run StepMania anymore without lag and my screen getting fucked up. :\
It's incredibly unlikely that anyone can change the graphics card in your laptop. For a brief period there was a standard for upgradeable laptop graphics cards a few years back, but that has slipped away and is no longer up to date in regards to the pci-e bus most cards use these days, and even in it's 'heyday' it was incredible rare.
Mogsy
Looks like I've actually got to get a job. :\ Or at least find a cheap-ass desktop.
phill_old

wasting time...
eirrol

phill wrote:

wasting time...
Is that a library?!
phill_old
yeah. it's a desktop setup, technically... my home setup is a mess at the moment, books and paper everywhere.
TiZ
I got a new desk today for my birthday (which was on the 21st)! Tiny table out, real desk in! I finished putting the thing together about 20-30 minutes ago.

The clock is fast for some reason. It's obviously physically impossible for this picture to have been taken at 1:00 AM EST; Right now it's 12:18 AM EST!
awp
oh shit I didn't know it was your birthday, happy birthday, guy!

Gimmick photo from another thread:

Slain087
Just add laptop on the bottom, below the keyboard, move the keyboard to the left, and add bluetooth mouse. Messy, yes. Yes, there's a whole bunch of crap here. You also don't want to see what's just below and on the chair. The monitor and speakers came from a desktop, but the desktop is all bust up - I have no idea how to fix. So I attach them to the laptop.

TiZ

awp wrote:

oh shit I didn't know it was your birthday, happy birthday, guy!
No one here knew; these forums don't have a birthday thingie. It's quite alright. Thank you, though. :D
Risx

rawrs phear the gigantic screen.
And i should really get a digital camera... my camera phone = bad lol.
awp
awp at work

omg is that osu! on Solaris (UNIX) ????????????

if I spent more time setting up this shot I probably could convince you that yes, it's true!

however you can see the youtube bar at the bottom of the screen, right?

wiicademan

Meh.

Note: The tube of glue is there because I was gluing together a paper companion cube. Not for any other reason. Also, the mug is there because I had hot chocolate a couple of weeks ago and never decided to put the mug back. The speakers are hiding behind my screen because they're scared. And those most definitly are dual monitors, except they weren't supposed to be. When I got my new monitor, I decided I might as well plug in my old monitor as well. Plus, there isn't really enough space for my keyboard, so it's slightly off the desk.
awp
Your wallpaper (monitor right) is the same as my laptop's wallpaper. Except, I opted for the Orange version of the wallpaper.

Also I just changed it to something else last night but it was like that for at least three months so lol@that
Slain087

awp wrote:

Your wallpaper (monitor right) is the same as my laptop's wallpaper. Except, I opted for the Orange version of the wallpaper.

Also I just changed it to something else last night but it was like that for at least three months so lol@that
You're not the only one. I also had that exact same wallpaper, but switched it out for a Dark Knight Cecil right before that post.
Loginer
shinn_old
Is it really windows Vista? Looks more like XP to me

I will try and post my school XP onto here
Topic Starter
peppy
It is XP with some horribly bulky lookalike skin >.>
show more