forum

osu! Beatmap Pack Mirror v2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Mirror down for Maintenance until futher notice.

Some funky guy decided to mount a harddrive in XEN's dom0 while it was mounted in it's domU, the partition is damaged and i need to redo a lot of things.

But don't worry it'll be back very soon!

----

Problems solved. God am i relieved nothing got lost over this.

----

1. Added russian locale to the list of languages - Thanks Natteke
Now only french is left! Someone? Anyone? :D

----

1. Added french locale to the list of languages - Thanks Sushi
----

1. Official jDownloader support is available! (since 15.Sep 2011)
  2. Linkgrabber added to navigation (again)
Make sure your jDownloader updates before you try it, or else it will not work ;)
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
As an after effect to the prior incedend the harddrive partition is probably giving up right now.

Expect downtimes and instable downloads (in other words avoid using the mirror) until futher notice.

:(
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Problem has been resolved, however there where many errors to be corrected.

Also:

1. Implemented use of "Local Storage" which is supported in all major browsers (if you use a recent version) **
** This will improve speeds by storing images and scripts in your browsers cache. It is also different from the normal cache since this one does not ask the server via HTTP first if the file was changed. This increases speed a lot. For me it is a reduction from 5.0sec to 1.2sec :)

If you encounter problems with the local storage please consider not using Internet Explorer or FireFox 1.0 D:
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
(yay for quad posting)

I'm currently moving around stuff on the server so could be that you fail to download stuff in between times.

Bare with me. Will be done soon.
peppy

nanashiRei wrote:

Bare with me.
No thanks.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
You so mean :(
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
This project is now officially supported by peppy (or osu!, choose whatever you like)(i guess).

This means it's using a new URL: http://osupacks.ppy.sh

I updated the first post regarding this change. You will also be auto redirected to the new url (and you will probably not even notice that anything has changed).

Have fun! :3
Raging Bull
I think you were suppose to mean "bear" with me?
/late

Bare with me basically means to *giggles* nonono I won't say it.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
*WRRYYYYYYY*

I no kan speek ignlisches!!! Execuse my!

:3
akrolsmir
Congrats! You'll have to change your sig, though :P
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Indeed, but i am lazy :D
Linco
Oh, I love this. Glad to see that this is supported by peppy :D

Es schmerzt mich in den Augen, dass bei der deutschen Übersetzung die zusammengesetzten Nomen ohne Bindestrich verbunden sind, es heißt "Beatmap-Pakete" und "Themen-Pakete" Q_Q
Topic Starter
nanashiRei

Linco wrote:

Oh, I love this. Glad to see that this is supported by peppy :D

Es schmerzt mich in den Augen, dass bei der deutschen Übersetzung die zusammengesetzten Nomen ohne Bindestrich verbunden sind, es heißt "Beatmap-Pakete" und "Themen-Pakete" Q_Q
Das ist mir unbekannt. Wenn du was korrigieren willst: http://pastie.org/2734817 nur zu.

:3
Bass
Raptor Hawk is a HE. Just saying.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
"it" told me to write "She" so i did :)
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
We are currently updating the dom0 (Xen) of our server which will take a while. While that is the case you page might seem online, but it is NOT.

I will as always report back when we are done.

@Pesets and the osu!droid faction: Download will NOT be working while we update. And in addition i am rewriting the part that accepts osu!droid downloads and thus i can take up to 48 hours after the server is back online for the downloads to work again.

Excuse my bad english i am LE TIRED D:
Dai
done yet?
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Nope no progess. And it'll take a while ... i'm really sorry guys.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
A little bit of moving and a bit of punching a server config and the mirror will be back. I'd guess a bit about 12 hours. Stay tuned :)

Update 22:52 GMT+1:
File are moving, configs are done. If you get "File not found" error: It simply means the file you requested has not been moved to the new server, yet.

Update 0:51 GMT+1:
All done mirror is fully operational again! I'll add the new packs tommorrow tho~ i am tired.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Sorry about the not working downloads in the last 5-8 hours. Apache configs went out of sync. Is working again now.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Mirror is currently broken. Because of some HDD corruption. Page has been disabled until futher notice.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
That crappy old this is up and running again :)

also #430 added ofc.

If you find something is not working contact me!
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
First post updated. Moving back to old, own, url. I have done something i probably shouldn't have. I'm not going to discontinue this project. If you like what i have done with this, update your bookmarks to http://osu.yas-online.net the other domain will go offline sometime in the future.

osu!droid downloads will likely be provided by peppy sometime soon, until then you will still be able to download directly via my mirror. Once map downloads are available via osu! directly i'll remove the map download feature all together, there is no use in wasting 40GB with something that isn't used.

It was a great time while i was kind of official, but i see that i did something that isn't easily fix. I have hurt the trust in me.

I hope most of you will still use my mirror, i put a lot of work into it, shutting it down would really hurt a lot.

Hope to see you around.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Just added a new mirror to this, dedicated to all of you crazy osu!droid users. Big thanks to Ezoda for joining the pool. He is pratically giving a full 100mbit boost to this :)
Ezoda
No problem , mate ;)
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
And another mirror was added to this. Thanks to WarriorOfTheLynx for sponsoring a mirror child server! Also almost 100mbit bandwidth+
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
I'm a little angry here right now.

[removed] whoever you are. I reported you to your provider for excessively spamming the mirror with requests at a rate of 200 hits/sec. It's sad that someone thinks he needs to do this. Also you have been permanently banned from my services, thank you.

peppy if you would be so kind to check if there is a user with that ip.
peppy
Please look into limiting this at your end. This isn't the place or correct way of handling such issues.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
True. Stil,l i wonder, how much capacity of the internet is being used to spam/ddos :D

Edit as of 30. April:

We broke the 1 million download marker for a single month!

You guys are crazy :P
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Attention everyone that uses osu!droid

There was is a bug in the second last version of osu!droid which causes you to get download ticket timed errors. If you experience a lot a failing downloads you should update your osu!droid version, Pesets has release a fix already.

That's all :)
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
I just added and enabled SSL support for this page, you will notice since PC clients will recieve a HSTS header which tells your browser to jump to SSL automatically.

This breaks osu!droid for now, i informed Pesets and he will update osu!droid ASAP, so don't worry that'll be working soon again, too.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Currently down because we are moving, we will be back shortly.

Since someone is bound to ask for an ETA: I really don't know.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Moving is complete. All service back online, enjoy :P
ChipZ
working as expected, thanks :D
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
This project is currently dying. I'm sad to say this, but work has gotten the better of me. I'm willing to share the source, once i wiped it of all the "Hey lets include root passwords in configs"-madness.

Is anyone willing to take over this project?

What you'll need at the very least:
- 300 Mbit/sec
- 4 GB Ram (DB + PHP Cli)
- 1 core with 2.4 Ghz (i guess?)

If anyone is taking over for real, i will be providing all my running mirror childs. I just don't have the time to update/maintain this project anymore, but still ressources that i can offer.

This mirror is not about to be shut down, don't worry.
peppy
What do you need to keep things running?
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Basically nothing, to keep it running nothing needs to be done. But there is so much user-requests with osu!droid demands. But for osu!droid there (propably is new api on it's way already? @hexide

Start the thing and it'll keep working for a while. You'll need someone to manually add new Packs, though. (Can be replaced with upload form, surely)
peppy
Are you panning on continuing to run it minus new features, or are you going to shut it down? Your previous message was a tad unclear.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
I will run it as long as it takes for osu!droid to find a replacement DDL service.

But here the facts:
- I don't have time anymore, not even to add packs to it
- When i come i never feel up to coding privatly
- I have a good heart and just can't drop the project, now that is is being depended on.

So i am trying to find one with motivation and time :)

(Also... the big red text was not obvious? )
Marcin
If I only had a good enough server :/
show more