forum

General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
UnderminE
Hi
NoHitter
Wow. This only proves people can't distinguish reality from fiction anymore.
Jinxy
Reading that newslink isn't any better. Research more, america
NoHitter
The way he tried to disarm himself didn't even match what happened in the game to Rin IIRC.

Edit:
Katawa Shoujo is a 'visual novel', a new style of video game popular in Japan where a player reads the action instead of plays it. The game has caused quite a splash online after finally being released, it was in development for 5 years. The game was created by a group of amateur game designers and is available to anyone free of charge, regardless of age. This follows the controversy over another visual novel called 'Rapelay' which Taina Bien-Aime, Executive Director of Equality Now, called "An abomination," continuing to say "These type of games have no place in our society, we are working with community leaders and government to stop the spread of toxic games like Disability Girls (Katawa Shoujo)".
lol
ampzz
Humanities stupidity shows its ugly head yet again...
UnderminE
Shiirn

TKiller wrote:

convinced a friend to hack off his arms.

HOW WOULD YOU DO THAT
Tenshi

'Katawa Shoujo' Cutting: A local teenager remains in a critical condition tonight following an attempt to deliberately sever his arms after playing a Japanese-style dating sim.
Pokebis
I wasn't going to post here anymore, but you're all really dumb and I have to let you know how dumb you are.
theglobaldaily.net is a satire site. As in the article is a joke and did not really happen. If you didn't notice every single link on the site links to skiphopz, another satire site. Kotaku even pointed this out a couple of days ago. That this was fake. Seriously, you guys, are you that dumb yourselves?
Also, Ryan Dunham's name generally wouldn't be released if this were a real report as he is a minor.
TKiller
Awww, Internet finally successfully trolled me.

I surely dropped my guard really low with all this lack of sleep and study problems.

Now I ffel pretty retarded ;'D
Shiirn
It's still funny regardless.
adam2046
Finished reading all the good endings for KS.
Shizune's route was ... yeah, disappointing (I don't hate it, but yeah...). Thankfully I went through Lilly's route next which was a surprisingly good choice and probably my favourite of the routes. Rin's made me feel slightly depressed the whole time even after the ending (which didn't make me feel happy at all...) Hanako and Emi's routes were... good if you're into that sort of thing, they didn't really click with me, but lemons... heh butt lemons.

Back to Katawa Crash for another 100 hours.
wolfn
That video made me cry.
Faust

adam2046 wrote:

Finished reading all the good endings for KS.
Shizune's route was ... yeah, disappointing (I don't hate it, but yeah...). Thankfully I went through Lilly's route next which was a surprisingly good choice and probably my favourite of the routes. Rin's made me feel slightly depressed the whole time even after the ending (which didn't make me feel happy at all...) Hanako and Emi's routes were... good if you're into that sort of thing, they didn't really click with me, but lemons... heh butt lemons.

Back to Katawa Crash for another 100 hours.
Hell yeah, Lilly
TheFlook
I just finished my very first road ever on any VN. Surprisingly it was on KS, Hanako. Now I can't bring myself to do the others.. ;3;
ampzz
They're called 'routes' not roads.

In other news:
I'm going through Osananajimi no Daitoryo again; finishing up Little Busters and finishing Symphonic Rain (finally).
YGOkid8
i finally caught up reading up half of the thread.
honestly katawa shoujo should have its own thread (if it does already have one, forgive me i'm not exactly in the position to search other thread with ease).

seems like a good game though, i just need someone to hype me up.
SYSEN
hmm . .looks like Katawa Shoujo is a good game since i've read good feedback on this thread
might try it after i finished G Senjou no Maou. .
NoHitter
Ahh crap this.
I'm stuck in the middle of Rin's route and I have a crapload of exams coming up.
Jarby
I have devised a drinking game for those currently playing through Hanako's route: whenever the word "tentatively" is used, take a shot.
Shiirn

ampzz wrote:

Osananajimi no Daitoryo
ಠ_ಠ
ampzz
wa*

I find it hilarious and was after some laughter inducement.
Minty Gum
I'm a girl, but I play dating sims in my free time occasionally. I just like the cute romance and artwork, it makes me feel relaxed~ I've played Shuffle!, Wanko to Kurasou, and I'm waiting for Katawa Shoujo. My computer blocks the torrent for some reason Dx I like Misha, but she's not a route. The only games I play are the ones I can get for free off the internet :P

My Past Waifus
Just cuz I'm a straight female doesn't mean I can't have favorite heroines~
mathexpert
When I was on Hakano's route in katawas shoujo, I totally lol'd when she was talking about the tile-hopping game. Because I used to do that when I was younger xDD
wolfn

mathexpert9981 wrote:

When I was on Hakano's route in katawas shoujo, I totally lol'd when she was talking about the tile-hopping game. Because I used to do that when I was younger xDD
I know right? That killed me.
Though I still kind of... do that...
Backfire

Wolfn wrote:

mathexpert9981 wrote:

I know right? That killed me.
Though I still kind of... do that...
ampzz

YGOkid8 wrote:

honestly katawa shoujo should have its own thread (if it does already have one, forgive me i'm not exactly in the position to search other thread with ease).

seems like a good game though, i just need someone to hype me up.
>> Katawa Shoujo <<
?
UnderminE
Katawa Shoujo thread sounds very unnecessary.
wolfn
Yeah, fuck that.
senaya
so, uh, anyone reading something other than katawa shoujo?
Shiirn
I've ready pretty much everything. :D
Pokebis
UnderminE

senaya wrote:

so, uh, anyone reading something other than katawa shoujo?
what kind of something? What are you reading now?
FisHie_old
I just read the news. Politics.
mekadon_old
I'm doing Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate again just for the sake of Robotics;Notes COME ON COME TO MAMA
NoHitter
And I'm done with KS.
Suggested Route List
Shizune -> Hanako -> Emi -> Rin -> Lilly
This also reflects my ranking on the route from bottom to top.

I would give it a 4/5.
The story was great and all (not to mention it was free), but it felt kind of "lacking" in some routes.
For example in Rin's route, the entire art exhibition was just dropped - basically very little closure on that part.

Other routes too lack some explanation in my opinion. For example in Hanako's route,IMO the fire and how she lost her parents should have been elaborated more.

Other secondary characters who were "interesting" were kind off too in the respective routes that they appeared. Example would be in Shizune's route - her father and brother. Misha too could have been developed more.

I think among all of the routes, Lilly's one was the only one that felt "complete" - excellent storytelling and closure.
Rin's route had an excellent plot and was very deep - oh and kind of humorous at times (link is a spoiler).
Emi's route had this sense of familiarity of plot. Nevertheless it felt 'fresh" and "new".
Hanako's route was interesting, but felt very lacking... Although I liked the mysterious aspect of it.
Shizune's route was.... err no comment.

Overall, I would definitely suggest you read it.

/fail attempt at a review
Synchrostar
Little Busters. And dl'in Mirai Nostalgia now even tho i can't read japanese (i do not care about that)
UnderminE
Forest. MAAAAAN @_@
Shiirn
Forest seems like

A generic LIARSOFFFFTTTTT game.

Where there are like, 20 arcs

but 30% of each of these arcs are directly copypasted a total of 20 times.

which makes it unbearable to read sometimes

yes/no?
UnderminE
I heard something like "You should read Forest twice or more, you can understand more about the story with this way."

I think that's why there are 20+ arcs. Looks like the story is very deep. But yeah sometimes it makes me yawn a lot.

Well I get used to the arcs like these, thanks Umineko, so it's okay for me.
show more