forum

DJ YOSHITAKA - CaptivAte Compilation

posted
Total Posts
show more
vytalibus
Oh, Lesjuh. You know how much I hate YOUR kind of jumps. Not that they're unrankable by their own, but...

[Marathon]
00:10:970 (1,2,3,4) - These are too easy to misread, considering the intro (unless you're a merciless brute, which you most likely are).
00:58:969 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Now the previous (numerous) jumps beforehand are relatively tolerable, but these are just way out of hand.

I'm going to be honest with you, I thought since this is going for approval I should be a bit lenient. But then again, that's no excuse to ignore all those jumps. While most of them are pretty tolerable, the ones I mentioned seems to stand out in a bad way.
Topic Starter
Lesjuh

vytalibus wrote:

[Marathon]
00:10:970 (1,2,3,4) - These are too easy to misread, considering the intro (unless you're a merciless brute, which you most likely are).
These should be no problem for anyone who has little experience with insane maps.

vytalibus wrote:

00:58:969 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Now the previous (numerous) jumps beforehand are relatively tolerable, but these are just way out of hand.
It's intuitive and plays great. I guess this is just not your style.

vytalibus wrote:

I'm going to be honest with you, I thought since this is going for approval I should be a bit lenient. But then again, that's no excuse to ignore all those jumps. While most of them are pretty tolerable, the ones I mentioned seems to stand out in a bad way.
If you found these jumps stand out in a bad way already you'd be surprised what other mappers place around their maps. There's nothing wrong with my jumps. This map is for experenced players. They won't have any trouble reading them.
Garven
Sorry about the delays, man. Got too busy and it got lost in the mess.

[Skin]
Add hitcircle, approach circle, and overlay please (due to repeat arrow)
Spinner circle -> 666x666 please
Spinner circle also wobbles really, really badly. See if you can get it better centered when you're resizing it (refer to ziin's guide if you have troubles)
Is go.png used anywhere?

[SB]
In the taiko diff, there are calls for opening 1, 2, and 3.png that aren't in the folder.
04:29:850 - Maybe have a less intense white here? It's pretty startling since I was getting used to the unfocusing of the previous stuff. Applies to other usage later on.
08:30:050 - The crowd fades out really quickly and loses a lot of the effect for this point. If you need a longer cheer to work with, feel free to steal the ones from my Rock 'n' Roll map.

[Taiko]
The storyboard titles kinda get covered by pippidon. :/

Uh, is that first note supposed to fly across everything else like that? Might be better to have your first red tick at 00:01:634 - so that the double timing section doesn't bug out like that. Adjust the osu difficulty accordingly.
00:22:969 (32) - This would be cooler if you snapped at 00:24:135 - and added a D at 00:24:302 -
09:00:000 - This gap feels really empty considering you start mapping to the piano at 09:02:045 -
10:21:234 (1) - This feels better just as a D instead of a spinner.

[Marathon]
Thanks for the merciful HP drain. Means sucky players like me might be able to pass it. q:
00:07:303 (1,2) - The whistles on the sliderslide here make me cringe.
01:00:052 (6) - Slider end is unsnapped
01:51:767 (1) - ^
01:52:541 (1) - ^
08:14:768 (8) - ^

03:29:100 (1) - Aaah tick rate two is blugh here since this is essentially 3/4(or 8) time.
Setting the metronome to 120 bpm at 207600 in 3/4 time would fix this. Don't forget to reset the bpm to 160 at 222600 again. You'll have to adjust a few of your sliders after this, of course.
Topic Starter
Lesjuh

Garven wrote:

[Skin]
Add hitcircle, approach circle, and overlay please (due to repeat arrow) removed reverse arrow
Spinner circle -> 666x666 please removed spinner images
Spinner circle also wobbles really, really badly. See if you can get it better centered when you're resizing it (refer to ziin's guide if you have troubles)
Is go.png used anywhere? removed spinner images

[SB]
In the taiko diff, there are calls for opening 1, 2, and 3.png that aren't in the folder. fixed
04:29:850 - Maybe have a less intense white here? It's pretty startling since I was getting used to the unfocusing of the previous stuff. Applies to other usage later on. nah
08:30:050 - The crowd fades out really quickly and loses a lot of the effect for this point. If you need a longer cheer to work with, feel free to steal the ones from my Rock 'n' Roll map. It was longer before but I cut it to this lenght because I didn't want it to annoy players too much. The fade out sounds fine to me.

[Taiko]
The storyboard titles kinda get covered by pippidon. :/
not worth fixing. If players really want to know the titles they can play marathon or open the editor.
Uh, is that first note supposed to fly across everything else like that? Might be better to have your first red tick at 00:01:634 - so that the double timing section doesn't bug out like that. Adjust the osu difficulty accordingly. If that's okay with you, yes!
00:22:969 (32) - This would be cooler if you snapped at 00:24:135 - and added a D at 00:24:302 - nah
09:00:000 - This gap feels really empty considering you start mapping to the piano at 09:02:045 - intentional
10:21:234 (1) - This feels better just as a D instead of a spinner. It's the same thing when you hit it

[Marathon]
Thanks for the merciful HP drain. Means sucky players like me might be able to pass it. q:
00:07:303 (1,2) - The whistles on the sliderslide here make me cringe. lol ok removed 'em
01:00:052 (6) - Slider end is unsnapped
01:51:767 (1) - ^
01:52:541 (1) - ^
08:14:768 (8) - ^
resnapped all of 'em
03:29:100 (1) - Aaah tick rate two is blugh here since this is essentially 3/4(or 8) time.
Setting the metronome to 120 bpm at 207600 in 3/4 time would fix this. Don't forget to reset the bpm to 160 at 222600 again. You'll have to adjust a few of your sliders after this, of course. done
Thanks \:D/
Natteke
Maps that need to be approved:

1. This
wule
great job! approved gogogo!
Garven
[General]
You still have go.png in the folder, which is used for the countdown that isn't enabled.

[Marathon]
01:00:052 (6) - Looks like you missed this one (unsnapped slider end)
Topic Starter
Lesjuh

Garven wrote:

[General]
You still have go.png in the folder, which is used for the countdown that isn't enabled.

[Marathon]
01:00:052 (6) - Looks like you missed this one (unsnapped slider end)
oops, should be fixed now thanks
Garven
Bub #1
Laputa_old_1
I really like this, go go go!
Low
-waits for second BAT to approve-
YGOkid8
the only parts i have trouble following are all the duples from 00:58:303 to 01:17:970, but that's probably cause my ears aren't pro enough to hear it in the music while playing.

anyway, map looks great. some jumps are just evil, but fun to play. bubble #2 o/
Topic Starter
Lesjuh
Ok I just played through the map once more and found a small error. 03:42:600 - This section was soft while it should have been normal. I fixed it now and didn't touch anything else. I hope this can be rebubbled and doesn't have to be remodded 2 times again.
YGOkid8
fffffffff

rebubble #1 -.-
Garven
Fair enough.

Topic Starter
Lesjuh
Thanks guys!
Low
approval nao
Alace
Everything looks good
except the volume in taiko diff
Soft and normal sample have such different volumes
example:09:10:950 (22) and 10:22:263 (1) section (this part is a bit too soft IMO)
happy30
I've changed a few things on my taiko

00:02:967 - Moved section 1/2 back so that the first note will appear slow as well
00:13:636 (1) - Made this note appear faster like the rest
02:46:638 (821) - added whistle here (to make it a bit more consistent)
10:22:264 - Changed this section to normal sampleset

link: http://puu.sh/cAHi
Ibuki Suika
maybe its final update?
gogo app!XD
Alace
i really love how you put hitsounds here
apped
Natteke
Mismagius
\:D/
Mercurial
DJ YOSHITAKA APPROVED? *-*-*-*-*-*-*

/me dies forever
bmin11
Yay~ Congratz!
Mercurial
Elite Mapper for 2011/2012 o/
La Cataline
<3
Topic Starter
Lesjuh
Yesss, thank you so much everyone who contributed to this map/ranking process! \o/
Jenny
Totally love it!

Me so proud D:
*All trembling since the moment I passed Sprosive*
thelewa
somehow this map has made me realize that I am a useless human being that should jump off a cliff

don't know how the map did it.
wule
cool ,grats :oops: