forum

Kirby!osu! v1.5

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Catosan980

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

I would like to see this finished anytime soon. You're just taunting everyone by showing off screenshots of a skin we can't download yet. ._.;

:3 I love it still.
Sorry, I've posted the download link in the first post, so now everyone can download, It's not that "hardcore" but for a first skin I guess it's not to bad... is it? Anyway, I'll try to update from time to time. ^.^
Mafiamaster
WOW! This is really AWESOME. I've never seen the menu back button move before! And the stars that come out of the circle upon hitting it, is just amazing!!
But it's kind of distracting at the same time during gameplay. Big blinding light show especially during Kiai mode :( But this is just me Don't take it into consideration, unless other people complain. I really like this skin... ALOT.
Topic Starter
Catosan980

Mafiamaster wrote:

WOW! This is really AWESOME. I've never seen the menu back button move before! And the stars that come out of the circle upon hitting it, is just amazing!!
But it's kind of distracting at the same time during gameplay. Big blinding light show especially during Kiai mode :( But this is just me Don't take it into consideration, unless other people complain. I really like this skin... ALOT.
Oh!!! Thank you sooo much, I feel like half my brain died making the skin, but I guess it was worth it. I know the skin is distracting, I got used to it, but that doesn't mean it's not a problem, I'll see what I can do. XD Thnax :) (liking the K-ON! skin so far)
Jinxy
ITS FINALLY DOOOOOOONE!

-Does a backflip-

-Downloads-
Lokamp
Wooooooooooooow!
This sskin is REALLY fan-tastic!
You have been working on this for months, isn't it?
awp
If a skin is distracting that usually means it's nice to look at. I think of it as a good thing. I'm looking forward to checking out this skin but I'm actually too lazy to fire up/use osu! on my laptop so it might be a while for me. Maybe you can complete more of it by then =D
ieatatsonic
I usually have trouble downloading stuff, so I'll wait and see if Peppy puts it on the updator.
The screenshots look great, and all the elements are Kirby-related and easily recognizable. The comboburst is my favorite part, BTW.
Detective Tuesday
This skin... It inspires me enough to start playing osu again.
(I'm a huge Kirby fan, fo'rill ^^)
mosluv
Catosan980 can I use the hitcircle for my map D:?
Topic Starter
Catosan980
[To Nexy] Sure, after all, if I didn't let you, I would undo the whole reason for this skin, SO!!! knock yourself out ;) ... OH! and thanks for all those really nice/funny comments!!! (everyone) :) I'll update tomorrow (if nothing stops me) I haven't really done much, just kinda fixed some trivial stuff the spinner approach circle, etc... and don't forget to "catch the fruit" :D XD Thanks

Also, here's a more recent screenshot :P

Download: DJ StevieV - Running On Empty (Verdisphena) [Collab].osu
mosluv
Thank You! :D
Wizard Of Orz
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
nomedeusuarionaodisp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Catosan980

Jinxy

Catosan980 wrote:

Thanks, but I wanna make sure, is what's bothering you the lighting? Cause I CAN find an alternative, if it's the spinner, I guess I'll have to think a bit, IF it's the hitcircles and their aproachcircles, I've tried but it usually ends up a mess, doesn't mean I wont find a way. ;)

When kiai time is activitated, the hit circles become covered with translucent stars and its distracting, but thats the least of the problems.

I hope you can fix the size of the beat/elite beats as they cover up a big amount of space when playing.

EDIT: This is my 100th post. W00t.
Detective Tuesday

Catosan980 wrote:

NEW!!! For the next update, I'ma put the new rankings, tell me if u prefer them, just thought the rankings were kinda plain before.
I like the blur effect on the stars, but I think you should try to bring the actual "SS" out a little more. At that, I also think it'd be a good idea to blur Poppy Jr. and Waddle Doo out a little bit so as to make them fit in with the star a little better; right now they kind of clash, and it seems they're just there to be there. Perhaps using blurred Dreamland 3 illustrations with a lower opacity would work the best here (they gotta be subtle, ya' know?). It's up to you, of course. The most important suggestion here is that you emphasize "SS" more, make it the most eye-catching part of the image (for this and all ranks).

Hope this helps =P. I'll check back, so far this theme is coming along nicely.
Topic Starter
Catosan980

Detective Tuesday wrote:

Catosan980 wrote:

NEW!!! For the next update, I'ma put the new rankings, tell me if u prefer them, just thought the rankings were kinda plain before.
I like the blur effect on the stars, but I think you should try to bring the actual "SS" out a little more. At that, I also think it'd be a good idea to blur Poppy Jr. and Waddle Doo out a little bit so as to make them fit in with the star a little better; right now they kind of clash, and it seems they're just there to be there. Perhaps using blurred Dreamland 3 illustrations with a lower opacity would work the best here (they gotta be subtle, ya' know?). It's up to you, of course. The most important suggestion here is that you emphasize "SS" more, make it the most eye-catching part of the image (for this and all ranks).

Hope this helps =P. I'll check back, so far this theme is coming along nicely.
Is this what you meant?

This one is the older one

The thing with blur... I try to do that with the stars cause they really don't have many details, but the kirby enemies do, so I tend to smooth them, good point though. :D

Topic Starter
Catosan980

JInxyjem wrote:

When kiai time is activitated, the hit circles become covered with translucent stars and its distracting, but thats the least of the problems.

I hope you can fix the size of the beat/elite beats as they cover up a big amount of space when playing.

EDIT: This is my 100th post. W00t.
There are... more problems... *hopes it isn't the whole skin in general* :?

Hmmm, well I'ma make new elite beats/beats anyway. Since I guess size is a problem, I'll try to see how other skinners make the size of the beats, maybe I'll get an idea from there. I hope they don't turn out smaller... :)

Congrats on your
1 00 00
10 00 0
10 00 0
1 00 00
POST!!!
Jinxy
Topic Starter
Catosan980

JInxyjem wrote:

Since theres a auto pilot mod update, you sould skin it if you have the time, but keep this at a low piroity(?) first.
It's kinda funny actually, I made an auto pilot mod but the thing is, things are really tight. My final exams are for this week, among other things, so an update will be made very late. I've been changing a good amount of things (example: the hits 0 50 100 300) , but I have a problem with the auto pilot mod, I keep writing selection-mod-autopilot, but osu! won't read it. If anyone knows the real term, please post. :)
Derekku
This is very well done! There's a few tiny problems that other have mentioned, but otherwise I like it! :)
Jinxy

Catosan980 wrote:

JInxyjem wrote:

Since theres a auto pilot mod update, you sould skin it if you have the time, but keep this at a low piroity(?) first.
It's kinda funny actually, I made an auto pilot mod [attachment=0:69130]selection-mod-autopilot.png[/attachment:69130] but the thing is, things are really tight. My final exams are for this week, among other things, so an update will be made very late. I've been changing a good amount of things (example: the hits 0 50 100 300) , but I have a problem with the auto pilot mod, I keep writing selection-mod-autopilot, but osu! won't read it. If anyone knows the real term, please post. :)

I thought of it, maybe peppy/any guy in charge of skins has not made the term yet...
LuigiHann
selection-mod-relax2.png

>_>
Jinxy
I'll bump this thread because ver 1.2 is awesome and in case anyone thinks its dead.
SuzumiyaKyon
I kinda liked the first background better. I mean, a smiling Kirby is cute and all, but I liked the shot of multiple Kirbies flying on warp stars. It was nice to not be smothered by Kirby's smiling face.
Topic Starter
Catosan980

JInxyjem wrote:

I'll bump this thread because ver 1.2 is awesome and in case anyone thinks its dead.
Thanks, I'll usually try to bump the topic from time to time, specifically if it gets around near the third or second page. Also, I'll change the title too, for those who spend time in the skinning foums.=D

SuzumiyaKyon wrote:

I kinda liked the first background better. I mean, a smiling Kirby is cute and all, but I liked the shot of multiple Kirbies flying on warp stars. It was nice to not be smothered by Kirby's smiling face.
Well, I just didn't think many people liked the first playfield, so I decided to change it. Guess I was wrong. I'll change it in the next update, for now I'll leave the first playfield as a .rar file in the case you may want to change it. =p: Download: playfield.rar
Jinxy
I hope i dont sound like an ass, but it would be nice if you could remake the slider ball and follower into something more ball-ish.

And your numbers are off, you need their pixels to be simallar.
Example Now: 0 is 50x50 but 1 is 10x50.

Change everything into the same number of pixels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
EDIT:
I saw that yo udidnt have a skin.ini so I prepared 1 for you.
(Everything should be good except for number of frames for slider ball and name of skin :P .)
The colours are kirby, waddle dee and meta knight's mask.

Download: Its inside.zip
Topic Starter
Catosan980

JInxyjem wrote:

I hope i dont sound like an ass, but it would be nice if you could remake the slider ball and follower into something more ball-ish.
Well, I hear no "ass" sounds in that comment , so don't sweat it. And yes, I'm re- making the slider. =D

JInxyjem wrote:

And your numbers are off, you need their pixels to be simallar.
Example Now: 0 is 50x50 but 1 is 10x50.
Actually, as long as the height is the same for all numbers, there should be no problem. If I leave a width of 50 on all numbers, osu! will count it as part of a number, and when you start osu!, you'll notice that some numbers will be taking unnecessary spacing. Both in the score and the ranking panel. =p

JInxyjem wrote:

I saw that yo udidnt have a skin.ini so I prepared 1 for you.
(Everything should be good except for number of frames for slider ball and name of skin :P .)
The colours are kirby, waddle dee and meta knight's mask.
This is weird, since I do have a skin.ini file... maybe you mean I haven't filled it out yet, and you took the time to make one, I appreciate it a lot, but I started filling mine out the first day I read your post. Doesn't matter though, yours is way more complete than mine is, so I'll just combine them. =P Thanks... lemme just post some images of that sliderball, this one is the first try, I'ma make others and try them out. It's gonna take some time though...

P.S. The wheel moves, but I have to find out how to limit those frames per second so It actually looks like it's moving... As for the sliders, there are many types , like wheel kirby, ball kirby, flame kirby, UFO kirby, jet pack Kirby, high jump kirby, canvas curse, etc... =X

Thanks again. =P

Jinxy
Topic Starter
Catosan980

JInxyjem wrote:

When you say wheel, do you mean the wheelie? And is that the slider ball?
If so, i dont understand what you mean by another slider... :?
BTW: Less frames = less FPS
When I said wheel, I meant the wheelie, and it was gonna be, but It's true, It has to be more ballish. I made the sliderball's theme out of ball Kirby, so if you see the arrow that says "copy ability" that means that the enemies in the arrow are Kirby's source to turn into a ball. By other sliders I meant to make multiple types, to make the skin more fun, kinda like having a flame kirby going through the sliders or a jetpack kirby, but I think I might complicate my life to much with that. So I'm sorry I even suggested it. The "less frames" was actually that I wanted to limit the fps from 1 to 3 or 4; went and looked it up in the oewy skin, though I forgot the term. =D

JInxyjem wrote:

For the pixels thing, have you seen how the score numbers make a gap at the top right? Like:
00045943..... |
The numbers are the scores and the | is the window of osu. Dots are gap fillers.
Regular skins:
.....00045943 |
This happens because of the size difference between the numbers. Use 0 as the key and make all the other numbers have the same pixels as 0. It will look better.
EDIT 2: Same goes for the numbers on the hit circles. Go to editor and make a combo that is more than 10 for testing purposes. You can barely see the 1.
Lol *facepalms* you're right, sorry for suggesting the wrong thing. I appreciate all the help you gave. Anyway, the new version is up and running. =P

BTW If anyone liked the old slider, I left a .rar file inside the skin, so you can change the type of sliders. All you have to do is create a new file in the skin that says "ballkirbyslider" or "slider2", etc..., put all the new slider elements in there and then extract the old slider ball file in the .rar file. Once you do that you'll have to open the extracted folder from the .rar file and move that slider ball elements into the KIRBY!!!OSU!!! skin. If you don't want the old slider back, delete the .rar file so you'll have more space. HAVE FUN!!! :)

EDIT: In response to JInxyjem's lower post, that girl is RIBBON, from Kirby search for the crystal shards N64. Didn't feel like bumping this topic for now,since I just recently updated and I don't have any more new things. Gonna focus on a new health bar and CTB game sprites, plus change the Kirby sounds.
Derekku
It's looking better and better :3
Jinxy

Derekku Chan wrote:

To hell with your star, this deserves a skin rank.

EDIT: Not asking you to change it or anything, but who's the fairy holding the waddle dee when you perfect a song?
Derekku

JInxyjem wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

To hell with your star, this deserves a skin rank.

EDIT: Not asking you to change it or anything, but who's the fairy holding the waddle dee when you perfect a song?
JUST FOR THAT I'M NUKING IT

:3
Jinxy
We should ask peppy to update this on osume.
ktgster
Maybe this can be a health bar

Topic Starter
Catosan980
It actually is :P , but I'm still working on it. I'm taking it slow for now.

scorebar-bg (this a more kirby-ish style)

Green greens style, a more woodsy style type:

Colour (mixing the kirby and helper colors from kirby super star)

There's also a single red color, just in case.

In the scorbar-bg the left corner space is where I'm thinking of putting the words kirby and in the right next to where the color is supposed to fill up the scorebar-bg I'll put the Sc (score symbol)... I'm hoping it looks Kirby- ish. The progress bar will have a kirby face over it, as if it was your accuracy percentage representing the amount of lives you have.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

JInxyjem, it can only get in the updater if peppy and luigihann will it, and I'm pretty sure I still have to fix a bunch of stuff... but thanks a lot for helping me with the number advice among other things :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Updating is still in progress though.

Jinxy
The pink scorebar pg is good, you should use that as the new one. As for the Red/Green scorebar, Im neutral to it, so lets see what other people say about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT:

qlum
the ranking could use some more contrast

Esupanitix
If only they did this kind of fun using vocaloids. :)
Jinxy
Bumping because this skin is good enough for osume and the skinner has alread left osu, so I doubt there will be any updates.
show more