forum

Slider Sudden Death Bug [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
varq
Not a big issue, since no one uses Sudden Death.

If the first beat is a slider, and you hit it early, you don't fail.

Duplicates: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15287
Wizard Of Orz
i think this is done purposely since you don't recieve an x when you miss the beginning of a slider. You lose combo though
anonymous_old

supergarlic wrote:

i think this is done purposely since you don't recieve an x when you miss the beginning of a slider. You lose combo though
I thought sudden death causes you to lose if you miss a slider... I.e. whenever you lose your combo, sudden death mode makes you lose. This doesn't seem to be the case with the first note being a slider, however, which is why this bug report exists.
GladiOol
It ''kills'' you when you miss a combo, but since you don't have any in the beginning, you won't die.
Atleast, that's what I think ^^
Derekku

Gladi wrote:

It ''kills'' you when you miss a combo, but since you don't have any in the beginning, you won't die.
Makes sense to me :P
Echo

Derekku Chan wrote:

Gladi wrote:

So you're saying that if I play SD and miss every single note, I won't lose?
Derekku

Echo wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Gladi wrote:

Except that by finishing the slider you'd have hit a note. After that you'd break your combo. :P
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

Echo wrote:

[quote edited to be postable by the stupid quote depth limit]

Gladi wrote:

Except that by finishing the slider you'd have hit a note. After that you'd break your combo. :P
But what if he doesn't activate the slider? I think that's included in "miss every single note."
Hyperworm
IMO, it's obviously a bug - it goes against the whole purpose of Sudden Death (or at least what I perceive the purpose to be >_>), which is to guarantee that if you finish, you get a full combo ._.
Derekku

strager wrote:

But what if he doesn't activate the slider? I think that's included in "miss every single note."
But then wouldn't sudden death would kick in anyway? That or maybe HP drain would kill you? I dunno, this is confusing me XD

Anyway, enough of that, it's not important :)