forum

Appealing body figures, preferences and opinions.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ephemeral
i'm still here if you want to talk about stuff

mental illnesses are hard to deal with, believe me - i know. you sure you don't want to just sit down and get it off your chest?

if not, that's cool. i can understand that too. though you have to understand that i have obligations to keep this forum clean and civil, and your childish prattering has not only fouled up an otherwise interesting thread, but your consistently offensive attitude has also placed you at considerable risk for a pretty long duration forum ban.

i can understand your need to garner attention to a limited extent, but you're either getting help, or getting out.
Cuddlebun
Eph, just because Neverdie may be acting like a dick in your eyes does not mean he is suffering a mental disorder. I think you have discovered that being a psychology major leads you to diagnosing everyone with something (my brother went through the same phase his first few higher level psychology classes and tried to diagnose me with several different things) but holy crap that was one of the most obnoxious well-meaning series of posts I think I've read in a while.
Ephemeral
or it could be an elaborate plot to unhinge him

or i could just be legitimately worried at his irrational behaviour

or i could just not care and simply be in it for the laughs

or it could be all three

that's the mystery - nobody will ever know
Yarissa
>body type thread
>expect neverdie to be in it
>flame war around neverdie
yep.
Ephemeral
this is all a bit silly though. i'm not sure why it has gone on as long as it has.
Shellghost
Entertainment.

It also fuels my superiority complex.
sperglord
Okay, NeverDie doesn't have a personality or mental disorder.

Self-improvement is a positive trait, laziness is not. Agree?
I just blew up your whole thread. gg

You are now 7 years old again. Who are the most attractive people?

The things that were fun when you're a kid, they're probably still fun. <3
Yarissa
I find a slender yet curvy physique is always attractive in women. As far as faces go, curves are nice too. I like anyone with my hair color (brown (and no, that's not me in my avatar)) generally speaking, although any hair color works for me. Don't care about eyes. This is really as specific as I can get, and I'm fairly picky when it comes to a woman's looks.
Jarby

Cuddlebun wrote:

Eph, just because Neverdie may be acting like a dick in your eyes does not mean he is suffering a mental disorder. I think you have discovered that being a psychology major leads you to diagnosing everyone with something (my brother went through the same phase his first few higher level psychology classes and tried to diagnose me with several different things) but holy crap that was one of the most obnoxious well-meaning series of posts I think I've read in a while.
And yet it's a bit hard to deny that Mr. NeverDie doesn't have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with himself.
foulcoon

NeverDie wrote:

I like how you put my picture in a quote but not the one kedi put up. Seems like someone's feeling obvious jealousy and hate towards me. And you're now admitting I'm write after doing more research. How funny is that.
Soly

Jarby wrote:

And yet it's a bit hard to deny that Mr. NeverDie doesn't have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with himself.
Hmm, Mr NeverDie has a very healthy ego.. however this doesn't give Mr NeverDie the right to look down on others. It would be more useful for everybody if he offered his wisdom in a non hostile manner.

As for the ectomorph thing, I think I might actually be one of those. I can eat anything and never put weight on. Don't know if this has anything to do with it but abs in particular seem very difficult for me to obtain.

To keep on topic I'd say that there are several forms of attraction. What we are discussing here is primarily sexual attraction. Again this can be further broken down to upbringing (What we see on TV, media, social groups), smells, body language etc. What they found attractive 40 years ago sure as hell won't be nowadays. There are so many things to account for. We could probably safely say that perfect cell division would be attractive to most people, however the imperfections of life is part of the majesty of creation...or something XD. The world would be hella boring if everyone was beautiful. We want some fat people here and some skinny people there and some buff people over there. Life needs to be spiced up a little. So in the end attraction is basically the same as talking about your tastes in music. Fruitless but amusing nonetheless.
Firo Prochainezo
ITT: NeverDie and his unhealthy ego!
Ekaru

Soly wrote:

Hmm, Mr NeverDie has a very healthy ego.
Bragging about your "superior genes" is not a sign of a healthy ego; it's a sign of a narcissist. There's a difference between having confidence and making sure everybody knows how superior you are.

Also, between Eph and foulcoon, I'm not sure who made this thread more worth reading. I think I'll go with a tie.
Nekoroll

Genetically superior.
Soly

Ekaru wrote:

Bragging about your "superior genes" is not a sign of a healthy ego; it's a sign of a narcissist. There's a difference between having confidence and making sure everybody knows how superior you are.
In my opinion that's actually a healthy thing. The insults are the only let down as I stated.
Ephemeral

Soly wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

In my opinion that's actually a healthy thing. The insults are the only let down as I stated.
the mindset of superiority inherently hampers progress and development since if you think you're superior or better than a particular thing, what can possibly drive you to improve yourself further since you're already there?
sperglord
You all are complaining about how NeverDie acts so superior and that he knows it. When he rips on you, I find that he's just being honest. Judging from the way he does it here, he would do it in person. I have a group of friends who have always gave each other shit since jr. high. We keep each other in line, we don't bullshit each other. We tell each other our flaws so that we notice them, and then we promptly begin doing something about it or else we get more shit for it. If someone takes it too personally, then well that's their fault, they'll have to either confront their critic or submit to them.

You don't ACTUALLY have to read any of these posts. So you don't ACTUALLY have to get offended by any of them. You all are just overreacting and it looks silly. So go ahead and fix that, be stronger and less whiny. Men don't whine.

Oh, I also notice that a lot of people don't like to be simple. Why do we rely so heavily on silly scientific theories? If you're going to follow any science related to this topic then I highly recommend reading the book "The Moral Animal."
Soly

Ephemeral wrote:

the mindset of superiority inherently hampers progress and development since if you think you're superior or better than a particular thing, what can possibly drive you to improve yourself further since you're already there?
You are allowed to feel superior in your particular area of expertise. Rather than people getting jealous and bitter about it they should feel happy for said person or rather use said person as a source of inspiration. When it starts getting into the area of criticising others then you can put your foot down. Because as we can see from this thread, this is what happens. Nothing is solved and it just becomes a waste of time, not to mention all the useful information ends up being ignored in favor of child like retaliation.
Shiirn
I haven't read the past 5 pages of this thread (EDIT: I threw a random post 3 pages ago) (really, no self-respecting person would inject themselves into a shit-flinging contest) but I'd like to point out that claiming your own superiority is an instant tell that you are not superior at all - Knowing precisely where you are on a scale (possible pun? don't know whether we're still discussing weight!) means you've spent too much time looking at it and not enough actually improving.

If you truly are superior as a person, then you should also be superior in matters of discussion as well - as such, you'd be able to make your mindset and opinions very intriguing and alluring to people "below" you, not push them off your self-implied throne, as this discussion seems to be implying.

You're only better than someone if there's someone worse than you.

/me flies off for another 5 pages
JAKACHAN
@Shiirn

I read the first post, threw in my reply and returned to find Neverdie telling me I was the one talking out of my ass. Notworthitthread is notworthit.

People who believe they have all the right answers just aren't worth it...
mm201
If someone tells me they are a better saxophone player than me, why should I care? I don't play the saxophone and have no plans to.
It's the same for me with bodybuilding. I couldn't care less.

Now if that saxophone player tells me I'm not entitled to go on a date with anyone or have any children because I'm not a good saxophone player, they're crazy and I have no reason to respect them.
foulcoon
I've played the saxophone for 10 years, you don't have a chance mm
Ephemeral
i am a saxophone

except i play myself

what now
awp

foulcoon wrote:

on the PSP, no less
Shiirn
i can play the saxophone with my nose, fuck you all
Nekoroll
I am the sax melody to "Careless Whisper". Come at me.
foulcoon

awp wrote:

foulcoon wrote:

on the PSP, no less
no I mean real saxophone

but remember when i ported osu! to PSP? good times.
Topic Starter
boat
5/5 thread would make again
awp

foulcoon wrote:

no I mean real saxophone
I played the saxophone ten years ago. Does that count for anything?

Wait, maybe it was closer to 12 years ago.
Shellghost
I can play In the Jungle on a recorder, can I pick up chicks?
Vext_old
Do the ladies go wild for a mean kazoo?
D33d
I can play Elton John on my trombone. Your arguments are all invalid.
awp
I bet you play the trombone on Elton John

if you know what I mean
Jarby
Nothing is sexier than the bittersweet, palpably smooth tone of an authentic Medeli MC37A. In a full house, each note played of a descending chromatic scale on any of its 49 delicately constructed keys equals another pair of pants on the floor.
D33d

awp wrote:

I bet you play the trombone on Elton John

if you know what I mean
I'd totally like to fuck you in the ass while grabbing your beard.

If you know what I mean.

Jarby, you barely even play the keyboard at the moment shut up. >:(
Jarby

D33d wrote:

Jarby, you barely even play the keyboard at the moment shut up. >:(
You have no idea of the command I have over linearly descending chromatic scales on keys. NO. IDEA.
ampzz
Enlighten me Jarby.
I will even book a flight to Perth just for it.

All in all people just need to work on their self esteem.
Who cares what you look like, if people judge you for it then that's just their opinion which is a mild attempt at increasing their ego about themselves.

If you, yourself think you need a change do this:
  1. Set a goal
  2. Work hard towards it
  3. Don't give up
  4. Enjoy the rest of your life without a single care in the world.
If you can't even do something like this, don't bother complaining to other people as majority of the time they do not want to hear about it.
Mainly due to having issues to deal with in their own life.

If all else fails, just go for a bloody break away from all the shit in your life and do something that you normally wouldn't have thought to do.
Jarby

ampzz wrote:

Enlighten me Jarby.
I will even book a flight to Perth just for it.
Book another one to Newcastle and we have a deal.
Rii_old_1

ampzz wrote:

if people judge you for it then that's just their opinion which is a mild attempt at increasing their ego about themselves.
that or they're trying to stimulate you into living a better lifestyle.
lkjl23
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthrea ... =134983501

Had to post this here rofl. Inb4 another flame war.
show more