forum

[Album] Banjo-Kazooie

posted
Total Posts
show more
nardii
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ace of Trades
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
An64fan

Ace of Trades wrote:

So.. is no one allowed to do Click Clock wood, or do 4 different mappers HAVE to do the 4 seasons. I wanted to do it and make each season a difficulty. Like how different slower/faster versions make for different difficulties of a song.
I thought it was going to be like a marathon? Not sure lol. I was considering helping with CCW after finishing up everything with Hailfire though. :P
Ace of Trades
Wever, I've got too little free time left to make ANOTHER song. I'll leave these to the pros :D
Kasada
I'm pretty sure what Zero and I decided on was that we would join them all as a single mp3 and make sort of a medley out of it with one person mapping each season.

Speaking of which, can I go ahead and take a spot for Click Clock? Autumn would be nice.
K2J
Grunty Industries = ranked. Lets see some more :)

Oh, here we are.
An64fan
Good news. Hailfire Peaks is up. :)
Larto
I'm gonna claim Jolly Roger's Lagoon with the Self important Anglerfish Lord Woo fak Fak.

Awesome name.
CheeseWarlock
Really? Nobody's gone after Click Clock Wood yet?
Kasada
Hey Cheese, look up.
James2250
I will claim Jinjo village if I can? :)
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
Updated, made it a bit neater too :3
LuigiHann
I don't think I can map Mumbo Mountain. The song isn't clicking with me, so I'll put it back up for grabs.

I did make you guys a nice CD icon for the project though ;)

BTW, Seibei gave me 95.9 bpm and 270 offset, if it helps.
bobipine
CheeseWarlock
Can I grab Click Clock Wood's Spring section?
Larto
Fuuuck... Sorry, but I can't map Jolly Roger's Lagoon... It's a nice song, but it's frustrating to map. You don't want a map from me for which i had to FORCE myself to map it.
K2J
My "bonus" song is up for timing, if anyone's interested in helping...
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
Oh crap, i'll update this soon. Like, tomorrow, i promise

LuigiHann wrote:

I don't think I can map Mumbo Mountain. The song isn't clicking with me, so I'll put it back up for grabs.

I did make you guys a nice CD icon for the project though ;)

BTW, Seibei gave me 95.9 bpm and 270 offset, if it helps.
Thanks for the CD Icon, its awesome :)
YoshiKart
Oh, now I get to borrow both games from my friend, and now I see how amazing these games' music are. >_>

I'll grab a BT song after I beat BK over the weekend. :P
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
Sorry guys, but I have been a little late about this. Big announcement: Stop 'N Swop is revealed.

SPOILER WARNING

Anyways, if you don't know about Stop N Swop, heres a breakdown.

At the end of Banjo-Kazooie, Stop 'n' Swop was mentioned explicitly by Mumbo Jumbo, who, if the player collected all 100 Jiggies in the game, showed animated photographs of Banjo and Kazooie returning to in-game locations - specifically, Sharkfood Island, Wozza's Cave and the mysterious closed door in Gobi's Valley, to obtain hidden items: two colored eggs and a key of ice. Mumbo explained that Banjo and Kazooie would be able to access the places in Banjo-Tooie.

However, in Banjo-Tooie, the player never returned to these locations. Three eggs and a key were in the game, obtained by shooting Banjo-Kazooie cartridges in Spiral Mountain and Jinjo Village, and the third egg was in Heggy's Egg Shed in Wooded Hollow. (Notably, all three eggs and key were smaller than their Banjo-Kazooie counterparts.) The eggs could be taken to Heggy and hatched to unlock some hidden secrets, although the Yellow Egg had to be hatched by Kazooie herself. The Ice Key was used to find the Mega-Glowbo, which in turn unlocked Kazooie's Dragon transformation. The Pink Secret Egg unlocked a move called the Breegull Bash, which allowed Banjo to take Kazooie out of his backpack and slam her on the ground like a club. The Blue Secret Egg unlocked a cheat code allowing eggs to home in on enemies, and the Yellow Secret Egg unlocked a Jinjo as a character in the multiplayer mode. However, this was viewed universally as a disappointing cop-out.

Ice Mario and SubDrag later shocked the Banjo-Kazooie fanbase in 2001 by discovering seven cheat codes (see below) which granted access to not only these four items, but also three further eggs, making a total of six eggs and the Ice Key. After this, speculation about the original intention of Stop 'n' Swop became rife.

The original intended method of Stop 'n' Swop was to activate the secret areas (presumably by being told the codes in Banjo-Tooie), collect the items them in Banjo-Kazooie, and then to stop the game, turn it off and swap to Banjo-Tooie. This idea exploited the workings of the Nintendo 64's Rambus RDRAM -- the data in the memory would be retained for a few seconds after turning the console off, allowing the next game inserted to read information from the last game. However, in 1999, changes were made to the way the console handles its memory, cutting the window of cartridge swapping time down to around a second. This would have made Stop 'n' Swop next to impossible on Nintendo 64 models produced from 1999 onwards. Therefore, the feature was scrapped from Banjo-Tooie fairly late in development.
Banjo-Kazooie was released on June 29th, 1998. For 11 years, the Rare Witch Project have been hacking this game, hoping to find the secret to this mystery. After many theories and speculation, Rare has spilled the beans:

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/?id=1778
Derekku
EDIT: Nevermind... (for now at least) :oops:

I may consider mapping something soon though XP
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
Derekku
Mad Monster Mansion (Exterior) please. *adds it to his ever-growing list of maps*
K2J

Download: CCWMedley.mp3
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
Update

Here's an .osz of the collab, nothing is in place yet, I just need your opinions on the timing.

Download: Grant Kirkhope - Click Clock Woods.osz
Starrodkirby86
BPM Analyzer:
Spring: 105.02
Summer: 90.11
Autumn: 120.13
Winter: 120.02

Only big difference one would be Autumn's, but I would think that Autumn can also for 80 BPM, as long as you use a different snap or something.

Not sure if decimals would cause anything bad.

Kind of feels late...I'm so out of it today for timing. >_<
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
Yeah, I timed them all manually >_>

I'll update when I wake up

Updated:

Download: Grant Kirkhope - Click Clock Woods (Zerostarry) [Timing].osu
kingcobra52
Timing for the Final Battle (B-K)

BPM: 180
Offset: 2,959 (offset may be different depending on the mp3 used)

I'd map it, but I've overmapped a couple of songs before, so I dunno if you'd let me. :P
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
K2J
Click Clock Wood timing:

1. Offset: 2,486ms BPM: 105.05
2. Offset: 81,611ms BPM: 180.10
3. Offset: 138,776ms BPM: 159.98
4. Offset: 217,624ms BPM: 120.01

Some of these might be a bit fast for whatever difficulty we're going for, so feel free to halve them.
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
I got the timing as close as I can, offsets should be just about right at this point. They can be adjusted during the modding process, if needed.

Download: Grant Kirkhope - Click Clock Woods.osz

Once completed, simply open each of the three .osu files in notepad and copy/paste the content below the [HitObjects] section. Send me a PM that lists all difficulties and the information under the [HitObjects] section in the .osu file.

Also..since this .mp3 is 5 minutes long, you'll need to place a break in each of your sections, about 10 seconds will be fine. Doing so will cut the time down to around >4 minutes, making it rankable. Remember to use the same break point in each difficulty. Also, delete the lone note at the end, make sure it doesnt get into your copypasta of the [Hitobjects].

Cheesewarlock: 00:02:490 - 01:11:048
Starrodkirby86: 02:20:274 - 03:32:196
K2J: 03:37:666 - 04:57:652

Deadline is...whenever
Derekku
Why didn't I have this topic subscribed? *click*

Deadline for my map is the end of the month XP
kingcobra52
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15974

All it needs is a normal. done. :)
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
Final Battle is ranked!
Metalex123
Are you going to make some beatmaps of Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolt?
1shinymon
i like you image >.<