forum

Song loops to the beginning in Song Select

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
Right now during the preview of a song in the Song Selection menu, the song will loop to the preview point. I would like it if it looped to the beginning of the song instead; it's kind of annoying when osu! is in the background and you keep listening to the second half of a song..
LuigiHann
Yes, I've thought this many times myself. I like it starting from the preview point initially, but once it gets to the end, yeah, it should restart from the beginning of the song.
peppy
I'll just throw my opinion in that I like the way it currently works.
Ekaru
I also like how it currently works.

It's close to how DDR and such does it anyways. Though I would like to be able to set a point where it restarts back to the preview point, but eh.

I don't see why you would be on the song select screen for that long anyways unless you're taking an awfully long time to make a decision. Also, having it loop to the beginning makes no sense to me; seriously, it would be... weird. @.@ Maybe an option to loop in the music player though?
Gemi
I'd like either of these options:

a) Set an start and end time for the preview, effectively making short previews which showcase the best/most recognized part of the song. This is how it's done in most other rhythm games.

b) Have the loop start from the beginning of the song jsut like suggested by the OP. When the song plays tuil end it sounds better and makes more sense if it starts from the beginning, not from a point in middle of the song. Also, it does get highly irritating to have the song on the background start from a random point. Yes, I do often leave the game on backround while chatting on irc or surfing on the osu website for a while.
LuigiHann

Gemi wrote:

a) Set an start and end time for the preview, effectively making short previews which showcase the best/most recognized part of the song. This is how it's done in most other rhythm games.
I find that to be even more annoying! If I leave Rock Band on the song select menu and get distracted, I get to hear the same 20 seconds of a song a dozen times :( I like that osu at least doesn't do that.
mm201

Gemi wrote:

I always figured that this was only done because of space restrictions. (On Ouendan and maybe other rhythm games, the preview is actually a DIFFERENT sound file.)

I kind of agree with the OP. Click a map. Song starts playing from preview point. Song reaches end. Song starts from beginning.

It has its quirks, like if it's an m980 authentic then you'll get all that "HEALLLP" once it loops around.
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
nomedeusuarionaodisp

Gemi wrote:

I was going to sugest the same thing. If so many people prefer the way it is now, or looping from the beggining, maybe this could be changed on the options?
About the size restriction, well... I guess that if it's possible to set a starting point to a preview, it's also possible to set an ending point... right?
anonymous_old

Gemi wrote:

The beginning N seconds of this selected portion could be used in the web preview, too. I like this idea.
peppy

strager wrote:

The beginning N seconds of this selected portion could be used in the web preview, too. I like this idea.
This is already the case.