forum

[Forum] Link parts of map to same area in osu! editor [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Similar to the way it's done in irc, 02:39:27 (10), for example, would link to the same area in the editor if you have osu open and are in the editor. This would make fixing maps much easier, esp. when people have long lists of things to fix.

I'm guessing it'd be difficulty, if not impossible to implement, but it's worth a try. :P
peppy
Another feature I offered to implement a while ago but didn't really get around to doing so.
anonymous_old
Good idea.

+1 support de moi.
mm201
Sounds doable. Make a custom protocol binding and use it in forum links, eg. 00:55:04 (3) -

Could get annoying if FF pesters you every time it wants to use an external program, but I think you can disable that.
anonymous_old
One major issue: there's no standard way to delimit difficulties. So, it'd probably be best to jump on the current map, not worrying about which map to select. That'd be much easier to implement.

Also, how about when you click it, it selects the notes as well?
mm201
Well if you look at my link, I have /normal/ in there to denote a difficulty. Of course, you might want to support links which don't specify a map anyway, as in IRC, which would probably just look like: 00:55:04 (3) -
anonymous_old

MetalMario201 wrote:

Well if you look at my link, I have /normal/ in there to denote a difficulty. Of course, you might want to support links which don't specify a map anyway, as in IRC, which would probably just look like: 00:55:04 (3) -
I thought the topic meant [i]automatic conversion[i] of the text into a link in mod posts. Of course, a long URL format could be supported too, but it'd need copy support from the editor for convinience.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Bump. Would still like to see this implemented. (if possible)
Derekku
+Support =)
mm201
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mm201
hi
peppy
two thousand and twelve.
think of all the man-hours that could have been saved had this been implemented sooner. it makes me cry inside.

n.b. keep in mind this won't work on public until the next update. it works on the test build already.
Sync
Woah, it looks awesome
jossieP

peppy wrote:

n.b. keep in mind this won't work on public until the next update. it works on the test build already.
waiting to next udpate >:
Sakura
Eh, also with this Mod posts look much neater now as well, nice add!
Mercurial
Perfect.

Also, good for supporters :3
Bittersweet
That's really useful. And cute. Good job, boss.
theowest
wow.. Just like magic.
DerekMcD
Almost 2 years until it was added.
show more