forum

Hideyuki Fukasawa - Theme of Rose -SF IV Arrange-

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Shulin
Fixed some things, thanks Leo! :) Your message is too short so let's inflate it with meaningless text ^_^
Breeze
yay Shulin っ(=゚ω゚)人(゚ω゚=)
I love SFIV <3
star support~
Topic Starter
Shulin
Thanks for your support Breeze, I love SFIV too :D _____________
termerys
Well, at least mod4mod is working! XD

Overall:
>I would love to see Insane diff in this beatmap!
>It is quite a copy-paste pattern throughout all diffs, I don't quite like it so no comment.

Easy: Flawless.

Normal: Well, in my opinion, it might be a little bit too hard for Normal diff.
Suggestion?: Decrease Approach Rate by 1 unit

Hard: It's quite a bit too hard for Hard diff if you follow my suggestion above: Make an Insane diff. Other than that, flawless!

Nice map!
Topic Starter
Shulin

termerys wrote:

Well, at least mod4mod is working! XD

Overall:
>I would love to see Insane diff in this beatmap!
>It is quite a copy-paste pattern throughout all diffs, I don't quite like it so no comment.
I only copy pasted a bit (bad habit I know, but at least there's some consistency =P) And I don't think an Insane would work without serious overmapping xD

Easy: Flawless.

Normal: Well, in my opinion, it might be a little bit too hard for Normal diff. Normal +?
Suggestion?: Decrease Approach Rate by 1 unit Still undecided on this, I think AR6 works better so I won't change for now.

Hard: It's quite a bit too hard for Hard diff if you follow my suggestion above: Make an Insane diff. Other than that, flawless! Wait... it's too hard for a hard but not quite an Insane... what is it then? xD

Nice map!
Thanks for looking at this, but no changes :D
Vergence

Harlo~

Easy
00:17:637 (1) - Remove new combo
01:20:000 (1) - ^

Normal
Remove the same combos as Easy
This seems fine too

Hard
Remove the new combos here too
01:14:330 (1) - Remove new combo and place it under (5)
Topic Starter
Shulin

DragonSparta wrote:

Easy
00:17:637 (1) - Remove new combo Done
01:20:000 (1) - ^ Done

Normal
Remove the same combos as Easy Done
This seems fine too

Hard
Remove the new combos here too Alrighty
01:14:330 (1) - Remove new combo and place it under (5) No to this one
Thanks again.
winber1
Hard

01:03:228 - i would map this measure. The drum stuff starts here, and you've been following that like the whole time, so why not just continue following it instead of coming in like a measure later?
01:22:480 (x) - sounds better imo if you add a note here to follow the drums a little more, idk how you would go about doing that without making the symmetry look weird tho.
02:05:590 - same as the other small measure of rest. idk, maybe it's just. i woould rather have something here, but oh well.

Normal

00:00:630 (1,2) - similar to what you said in my map, the normal slider slide doesn't seem to fit as well as it could :/ since nothing is happening in the music except the guitar
01:34:409 (1) - this note just felt really awkward. Maybe cuz you never added this note in in prevouis times idk. So perhaps delete this note/rearrange spacing?
02:08:897 (1) - sounds better to me if you start this note at 02:08:543 and add a repeat and then add a note at 02:10:787 (if you want), and obviously rearrange spacing somehow. the way it was before was awkward to me.

Easy

--erm the rhythm seems a little tough for beginners, but ok.

00:00:630 (1) - idk, the sliderslide doesn't seem to fit that well.
00:32:755 (2,3,4,5) - i like it better if it was the original pattern, and it also helps beginners to read the notes better i think.
00:57:322 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - you could just use two notes instead of a note and a slider. just a thot
01:35:590 (1,2) - you could consider doing something similar to above.
01:59:685 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - two notes instead of slider/note? to be honest, I actually didn't like this part that much in Normal. There always seemed to be like a note is missing on that next red tick.

nice map! :3
Topic Starter
Shulin

winber1 wrote:

Hard

01:03:228 - i would map this measure. The drum stuff starts here, and you've been following that like the whole time, so why not just continue following it instead of coming in like a measure later? I did have this originally mapped but after asking some people to test it they said it's hard to adjust to the beat straight after the spinner so now there's time to adjust and get familiar with the beat. (Plus, I did this in the other diffs too so at least it's consistent =P)
01:22:480 (x) - sounds better imo if you add a note here to follow the drums a little more, idk how you would go about doing that without making the symmetry look weird tho. I don't either lol, everything I've tried just turns out odd so I've left this for now.
02:05:590 - same as the other small measure of rest. idk, maybe it's just. i woould rather have something here, but oh well. Same thing I said before, it's only 1 measure! =P

Normal

00:00:630 (1,2) - similar to what you said in my map, the normal slider slide doesn't seem to fit as well as it could :/ since nothing is happening in the music except the guitar This is now 45%, sounds better I hope.
01:34:409 (1) - this note just felt really awkward. Maybe cuz you never added this note in in prevouis times idk. So perhaps delete this note/rearrange spacing? I do have this note at 00:31:811 (1) - it's not awkward for me so I don't know how I would make it less awkward ._.
02:08:897 (1) - sounds better to me if you start this note at 02:08:543 and add a repeat and then add a note at 02:10:787 (if you want), and obviously rearrange spacing somehow. the way it was before was awkward to me. I agree completely, changed this section.

Easy

--erm the rhythm seems a little tough for beginners, but ok.

00:00:630 (1) - idk, the sliderslide doesn't seem to fit that well. Now 45% :)
00:32:755 (2,3,4,5) - i like it better if it was the original pattern, and it also helps beginners to read the notes better i think. I didn't do exactly this because a blue tick note return doesn't fit there, but I did change 00:30:393 (2,3,1,2,3) - to try and make it more straightforward to read, less stacking now ^_^
SPOILER
[attachment=0:d98b3]screenshot117.jpg[/attachment:d98b3]
00:57:322 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - you could just use two notes instead of a note and a slider. just a thot Originally I did have it like this but it felt like something was missing because you could clearly hear the beat in the background so I had to change with the song xD
01:35:590 (1,2) - you could consider doing something similar to above. there's just a slider here =S
01:59:685 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - two notes instead of slider/note? to be honest, I actually didn't like this part that much in Normal. There always seemed to be like a note is missing on that next red tick. Well I'd add a return for the red tick but I think it's better to give newer players chance to adjust and two beats sounds empty to me.

nice map! :3 Thank you!
Great mod, thanks for modding! ^_^
Breeze
I think you should re-fullsubmit this map Shulin, when I DLed this map I get only easy diff.
I DL other diff. and hava a look here :D

[Easy]
  1. 00:11:023 (4) - How about add clap here and add finish to 00:11:968 (4)? That fits your previous hitsound partten
  2. 00:43:149 (4) - Add finish?
  3. 00:44:567 (2) - ^
  4. 00:51:653 - 01:00:866 - From then on, how about add whistle to each slider start? I just feel this part lack of hitsound, and whistle works well here
  5. 01:45:511 (4) - Add finish
  6. 01:46:929 (2) - ^
  7. 01:54:015 - 02:03:228 - Same suggestion to 00:51:653 - 01:00:866
[Normal]
It seemed you're fixing something when I'm modding ;~; I upload this diff. for some times, maybe I would miss something...
  1. 00:44:567 (1) - Add finish?
  2. 00:51:653 - 01:00:866 - Aww, same...whistle at slider start blahblah
  3. 01:45:511 (1) - Add finish
  4. 01:46:929 (1) - ^
  5. 01:54:015 - 02:03:228 - yea, I guess you know what I mean
[Hard]
nothing wrong, and the things I would find is the same to other 2 diff., just some finish hitsound suggestion and whistle hitsound suggestion, so I guess I no need to post it out again :/

nice map, I was always loving your relax map :D
BTW my favorite character in FFIV is Juri, yay
Topic Starter
Shulin

Breeze wrote:

I think you should re-fullsubmit this map Shulin, when I DLed this map I get only easy diff.
I DL other diff. and hava a look here :D I full sumitted, I hope all the diffs appear this time xD

[Easy]
  1. 00:11:023 (4) - How about add clap here and add finish to 00:11:968 (4)? That fits your previous hitsound partten I added the finish but not the clap ^_^
  2. 00:43:149 (4) - Add finish? Done
  3. 00:44:567 (2) - ^ ^
  4. 00:51:653 - 01:00:866 - From then on, how about add whistle to each slider start? I just feel this part lack of hitsound, and whistle works well here Okay, added a whistle to the white and red tick, it sounds good O_o
  5. 01:45:511 (4) - Add finish Done
  6. 01:46:929 (2) - ^ ^
  7. 01:54:015 - 02:03:228 - Same suggestion to 00:51:653 - 01:00:866 All done
[Normal]
It seemed you're fixing something when I'm modding ;~; I upload this diff. for some times, maybe I would miss something... Ahh I was changing hitsounds lol
  1. 00:44:567 (1) - Add finish? Done
  2. 00:51:653 - 01:00:866 - Aww, same...whistle at slider start blahblah Yep done
  3. 01:45:511 (1) - Add finish ^
  4. 01:46:929 (1) - ^ ^
  5. 01:54:015 - 02:03:228 - yea, I guess you know what I mean ^
[Hard]
nothing wrong, and the things I would find is the same to other 2 diff., just some finish hitsound suggestion and whistle hitsound suggestion, so I guess I no need to post it out again :/ Yeah I fixed those hitsound stuffs

nice map, I was always loving your relax map :D Thanks =P
BTW my favorite character in FFIV is Juri, yay Juri is cool, but Viper is better :P
SPOILER
[attachment=0:7b2f8]133265932997.jpg[/attachment:7b2f8]
Thanks for modding Breeze! :)
Sallad4ever
Hi Shulin sorry for the late reply
I'm still taking mod request, it's just it may take a bit of time until I get to it

[General]
- ae is way too broad for a tags, consider to remove it
- Maybe add another 10% or 5% for the timing sections for kiai time? Just to make it more stood out and to balance with the intensity of the music

[Easy]
This is very hard for an Easy. The rhythm is very complex for beginner, the one on 01:11:850 (2,1,2) & 02:14:212 (2,1,2) - is particularly trickier then the most part maybe because how 01:11:850 (2) - is on 1/4 and also how the drum is not rhythmically consistent thus making them quite hard to follow, IMO~
I suggest this kind of rhythm but doing so may alter your pattern considerably great so, yeah, it's up to you.
00:45:511 (4) - Add clap at the start? also the end is without hitsound is a bit plain. Maybe add finish too?
01:47:874 (4) - ^

[Normal]
00:06:535 (1) - remove clap at the end?
00:11:023 - the volume of this slider tick is too low, try increasing it to 30%
00:42:441 (2) - spacing too far? taken from AImod =P
00:45:511 (2) - add clap and finish here too? just like above
01:47:874 (2) - ^
01:36:063 - it's kinda weird how this custom slider tick has such a low volume consider how the previous claps following the drum have greater volume. I suggest to increase the volume to 60%

[Hard]

00:26:023 - add a circle here?
00:45:511 (2) - add clap and finish here too?
01:47:874 (2) - ^
Nothing much I could find here =D

Fun map is fun :3
Why map Rose's theme first and not Viper's ?
Anyway Star and good luck ~
Topic Starter
Shulin

Sallad4ever wrote:

Hi Shulin sorry for the late reply
I'm still taking mod request, it's just it may take a bit of time until I get to it

[General]
- ae is way too broad for a tags, consider to remove it I suppose so, removed =P
- Maybe add another 10% or 5% for the timing sections for kiai time? Just to make it more stood out and to balance with the intensity of the music Increased the volume by 5%

[Easy]
This is very hard for an Easy. The rhythm is very complex for beginner, the one on 01:11:850 (2,1,2) & 02:14:212 (2,1,2) - is particularly trickier then the most part maybe because how 01:11:850 (2) - is on 1/4 and also how the drum is not rhythmically consistent thus making them quite hard to follow, IMO~ I've changed the rhythm a bit at this part. As for the rest of the map I can't really make the rhythm less complex without ignoring the song so hopefully it's easy enough =/
I suggest this kind of rhythm but doing so may alter your pattern considerably great so, yeah, it's up to you.
00:45:511 (4) - Add clap at the start? also the end is without hitsound is a bit plain. Maybe add finish too? Added the clap but not the finish, finish sounds bad to me here.
01:47:874 (4) - ^ ^ =D

[Normal]
00:06:535 (1) - remove clap at the end? Okay
00:11:023 - the volume of this slider tick is too low, try increasing it to 30% Agree, done
00:42:441 (2) - spacing too far? taken from AImod =P Damn you AImod! *ahem* fixed =P
00:45:511 (2) - add clap and finish here too? just like above There's a clap now but no finish
01:47:874 (2) - ^ ^
01:36:063 - it's kinda weird how this custom slider tick has such a low volume consider how the previous claps following the drum have greater volume. I suggest to increase the volume to 60% I agree but 60% sounds too loud to me so it's now 45%

[Hard]

00:26:023 - add a circle here? Consider it done
00:45:511 (2) - add clap and finish here too? Clap but no finish ^_^
01:47:874 (2) - ^ ^
Nothing much I could find here =D

Fun map is fun :3 Thank you =)
Why map Rose's theme first and not Viper's ? Because Rose is cool too! ~ and Viper's theme is really hard to map u_u
Anyway Star and good luck ~
Thanks for modding Sallad, really helpful :)
Garven
Sorry I'm so sloooow

[Easy]
The only thing that was bugging me about this were the tiny overlaps

It marred the presentation to me a bit while playing. No need to change but it would improve how the map looks by a lot imo

[Normal]
01:24:252 (3) - This could look a little better imo. The corners are a little sharp.
Maybe like this?

[Hard]
00:05:000 - After all those consecutive spinners, this part kind of felt empty. But filling in with another spinner just doesn't fit very well at all with what you mapped right afterward aaaaah. I dunno what to say except :|

:|

Another thing I noticed in general was that you do a fairly strong pattern-based flow, but a lot of your sliders aren't very symmetrical - especially in places where it would be best to strive for that such as (all examples in hard) 00:23:307 (1) - 00:38:897 (1) - and 00:43:504 (2) - Generally the curves that are right in the center of the play field where it is easiest to eyeball whether something is symmetrical or not. It's another map presentation thing, but I think it's those little details that are missing from this otherwise excellent map set. Let me know what you think, and if you have questions as to how to do it, I'll be glad to show you some tips (or just point you to RJ's delicious slider thread).

Good stuff though! Let me know what you think~
Topic Starter
Shulin

Garven wrote:

Sorry I'm so sloooow

[Easy]
The only thing that was bugging me about this were the tiny overlaps

It marred the presentation to me a bit while playing. No need to change but it would improve how the map looks by a lot imo I mapped it like this intentionally (maybe a bad idea?), I don't think it looks that bad but I can change if it's a huge issue ^_^

[Normal]
01:24:252 (3) - This could look a little better imo. The corners are a little sharp. Okay done, but most likely not as good as the one in the picture =P
Maybe like this?

[Hard]
00:05:000 - After all those consecutive spinners, this part kind of felt empty. But filling in with another spinner just doesn't fit very well at all with what you mapped right afterward aaaaah. I dunno what to say except :| Do you think a returning slider would be more suitable here or would 00:05:000 still feel empty? I really don't want to map that part because it's 1/6 straight to 1/4 (suppose I could use a slider to pave over it if it's necessary xD)

:| Oh no that face!

Another thing I noticed in general was that you do a fairly strong pattern-based flow, but a lot of your sliders aren't very symmetrical - especially in places where it would be best to strive for that such as (all examples in hard) 00:23:307 (1) - 00:38:897 (1) - and 00:43:504 (2) - Generally the curves that are right in the center of the play field where it is easiest to eyeball whether something is symmetrical or not. It's another map presentation thing, but I think it's those little details that are missing from this otherwise excellent map set. Let me know what you think, and if you have questions as to how to do it, I'll be glad to show you some tips (or just point you to RJ's delicious slider thread). Hmm yeah, this is probably because I draw a lot of sliders without grid snap. Also as long as it doesn't look hideous I don't usually notice when playing (plus I don't really care about symmetrical sliders if I'm honest). Even the sliders you pointed out I can see they aren't perfectly symmetrical but I don't really see the problem with them (though I did fix them! xD). Also I've read that guide and I don't find it helpful, even following the points perfectly it never turns out the same; I'm probably a lost cause =P

Good stuff though! Let me know what you think~
Thank you for your mod :)
Garven
You know what would be cool?

Add the whistle to the slider slide at 00:45:511 (4) - (and corresponding chorus later on and in all difficulties). Sounds awesome. :D At least give it a shot and lemme know what you think.

As for the overlaps/slider shapes: They're fine - just my own little quirks that I like to see in maps, hehe.

Lemme know of your decision and I'll bubble regardless~
Topic Starter
Shulin

Garven wrote:

You know what would be cool?

Add the whistle to the slider slide at 00:45:511 (4) - (and corresponding chorus later on and in all difficulties). Sounds awesome. :D At least give it a shot and lemme know what you think. Sounds good, done this on all diffs thanks ^_^

As for the overlaps/slider shapes: They're fine - just my own little quirks that I like to see in maps, hehe. Got some useful tips for next time though =P

Lemme know of your decision and I'll bubble regardless~
Thanks for rechecking this Garven :)
Garven
Shweeee!

:U
Sallad4ever
and here I am planning to give this my first bubble but Garven beat me to it xD
Garven
You can always mod it anyway, you know. :P
abalee
after the crazy one I think let's come a relax.
ranked.
Breeze
Congz, Shulin (・∀・)ノ
Roddie
Why isn't Capcom added in the tags? :(
kazumikos
Yey yey~~ gratz xD
Topic Starter
Shulin
Thanks for ranking abalee and thanks to all modders ^_^

Roddie wrote:

Why isn't Capcom added in the tags? :(