forum

Spinout Mode [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Manowap
I suggest to make Spinout mode Ranked.
James2250
First of all this belongs in feature requests (will move it) and second why?

Spinners are an important element while playing and are one of the main reasons scores differ from each other, spinners might be hard at first but you will get used to them. Spinout is only to practice the map without having to worry about the spinners for a while.
Wishy
Even when your suggestion is great and I think it should indeed be ranked since with that mod you pretty much get lame spinners (286), you posted in the wrong sub-forum.

Spun Out is actually used to fake your Play Counts and nothing else, nobody uses it to "practice a map without spinning".
Sakura
I got a better idea, let's remove spun out!
Louis Cyphre
My idea is better: remove this thread.
Suimya

Louis Cyphre wrote:

My idea is better: remove this thread.
indeed right ~
Wishy
The fact is that Spun Out's just a way to make stats useless (mostly Play Counts), I think removing Spun Out, making it ranked or something should be considered.
ziin
spin out:
you don't have to hit notes, just spin
Pereira006

Sakura Hana wrote:

no :(
Sakura
I thought by now you guys would have realized i was joking :P
OzzyOzrock

Wishy22 wrote:

The fact is that Spun Out's just a way to make stats useless (mostly Play Counts), I think removing Spun Out, making it ranked or something should be considered.
or accuracy whores
bmin11
Or in multi when people really don't want their plays to be scored for ranked score. Hey! This is practically the most useful mod next to No Video.
Wishy
No Video is the most useless mod since you can just uncheck BG Video from options. And still you could add a mod for "not ranking on multiplayer", but make it useless in single player idk.
Haseo_old

Sakura Hana wrote:

Better remove Autopilot and Relax then.
ampzz

Haseo wrote:

Better remove Autopilot and Relax then.
...?
How is that relevant at all considering both of these are completely different to being able to run through a beatmap with full control of cursor and tapping, therefore playing the map as it normally would be without it being added to your playcount?

Autopilot takes your cursor control away whilst Relax takes your tapping away.

Wishy22 wrote:

Continuing on with this.
I don't get why people are so 'shy' about having a true playcount, I have no qualms at all with getting all buddy like with the [Retry] option in pause and fail screens.

If you drop some stupid acc% on it, it gives you even more of a reason to go back and fix it up or better yourself since it is actually counted.

osu! has been my first rhythm game ever so it's not like I'm bothered at all by anything in regards to a silly playcount.

If we're talking about spunout, why isn't there an option for those in Catch The Beat or Taiko modes to do the same?
As in, allowing you to have complete control and run through a map without it being added to your count as I disregard Relax in CTB as anything but pointless.

Unrelated note: Why don't CTB and Taiko have their own Historical Statistics available?
GladiOol
everybody who uses spun out should be permanently banned from osu.
Kitsunemimi
Can we lock this retarded thread already?
Wishy
They hide their PC because it's sad when you have a top #1 and everyone can see that you played it 1500 times to get it. Plus it's sad to have 99999 plays and suck (and it's better to have 3000 plays and be a pro).
Hernan
At least make spun out count as a play, is not that much isn't it, actual spun out makes stats irrelevant.
GladiOol

Hernan wrote:

At least make spun out count as a play, is not that much isn't it, actual spun out makes stats irrelevant.
^ this.
Luna

GladiOol wrote:

Hernan wrote:

^ this.
I agree with this.
Gomo Psivarh

Hernan wrote:

That's stupid

What's the point of this?
Let osu tracks the practice plays as well? If so I'll just play offline to avoid being tracked.
Cheer-no
The problem with making Spun Out count is that it's not necessarily a steady 286 - that's how fast it's SUPPOSED to spin. If your computer is slow and lags, then it'll spin slower than that. If you overclock the system speed, it can spin faster than even Auto does...
ampzz

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

Let osu tracks the practice plays as well? If so I'll just play offline to avoid being tracked.
Is a tiny stat seriously something to go that far about?

If you don't want it to be counted towards acc% then just quit before map end?
MillhioreF
added now~ Spin Out ranked!
Stefan
No, this is a bug.
Sakura

TheNutritiousGuy wrote:

No, this is a bug.
No it's not, it's intended. More info:

So i guess i can mark this as added, yes.
Suimya
display in maps info page, where?!
Stefan
It's still buggy. And ridiculous.

GladiOol wrote:

everybody who uses spun out should be permanently banned from osu.
^this
Sakura

-Sekai- wrote:

display in maps info page, where?!
Song select in-game
Jesss
What?!! oh god...i used spun out just for practice instead of ranking D:
mochi
Why not just remove spunout completely then? Who the fuck would use spunout for ranking purposes?

I bet osz2 is next in the list of updates...
Xau_old
unrank spunout pleease :( i gess playing offline is the only unranked mod we have now
anyway ranking spunout with 0.6 multiplier is stupid
bwross

Xau wrote:

anyway ranking spunout with 0.6 multiplier is stupid
It's better for practicing than if it was 0.9x or 1.0x. Sure, it's not unranked and is counted, but a lower score multiplier at least makes a score easy to replace later.

It doesn't really affect me. I don't care about rank or accuracy much, and so don't care if spunout is ranked... I've only really used it when I'm doing silly things like playing off hand or keyboard only.
show more