forum

Does anyone here speak/learn Japanese?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Daru

Ephemeral wrote:

i had a discussion once with a japanese student who was learning english - we spoke for a bit about how english grammar sucks, and how english is pretty hard to learn
Aye, my Japanese professor went on a tangent during lecture once about the difficult to learn English as a second language compared to learning Japanese.

The number of syllables that can be produced in English is much higher than what can be produced in Japanese, and different combinations of letters are pronounced differently depending on the word. Contrast this to the strict rigidity of the kana "alphabets" and conjugation rules in Japanese, which have a very limited amount of exceptions.

Of course, Kanji is an entirely different beast in and of itself, but even those are relatively systematic compared to English spelling and pronunciation.

I'm so glad that English was my first language.
Mythras
うん、日本語が好き
二年前、俺の日本語の勉強が始まった
理由は日本語ゲームとアニメと漫画はすごく面白いぞ^ー^
My1_old
sou da yo, ore ni manga wa nai kedo, demo ore no nohongo no benkyou wa tabun 3nen mae ni hajimatta yo.
Azure_Kite
何をそれ、この「の本語」が?

食べるか?
My1_old
I cant type kana on this PC so I just use normal letters,...
Azure_Kite
Still. What is this "Nohongo" thing.
Ephemeral

Unkind wrote:

うん、日本語が好き
二年前、俺の日本語の勉強が始まった
理由は日本語ゲームとアニメと漫画はすごく面白いぞ^ー^
i always thought ぞ was impolite or offensive

at least that's what i was told anyway!
Colin Hou
so is 俺
Azure_Kite
ore is generally used only in very casual environments, it's quite a masculine/informal version of "I". Generally not recommended to be used unless you're quite familiar with the people you're using it with.
Mythras
「俺」と「ぞ」は普通の話し方だぞw

Edited for various confusions brought on by me being confused by someone's response to another post thinking it was mine. Cleared up.

I don't claim to be amazing at Japanese, but i'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with what i wrote. This is how i've always talked with japanese friends online. I am aware it isn't that polite, but I wouldn't call it "offensive" at all (look at 俺様 for that). Half the fun of speaking in Japanese is talking in your own way. Have fun.

Basically, Zo is just casual, not always offensive. Ore is casual and masculine, also usually not offensive.

But if you were talking to your boss, girlfriend's parents, the president, or like, i dunno, God, anyone that can fuck you over, you might want to not use them. But you guys aren't any of those things as far as I know. :)
Haseo_old
We got Japanese Class in our school. Got a grading of B.
Daru

Azure_Kyte wrote:

何をそれ、この「の本語」が?

食べるか?
知らない?の本語は私の一番好きな食べ物だよ。
Zerostarry
I learned the first few sets of hiragana

... and then i stopped for some reason, got too busy ;_; motivate me to start back up again!
Mythras

Zerostarry wrote:

I learned the first few sets of hiragana

... and then i stopped for some reason, got too busy ;_; motivate me to start back up again!
you're lookin at 2 weeks 30 minutes a day at the maximum
Pokebis
I sat down with Hiragana for an hour and then knew it.
Just use this.
Azure_Kite
あははははあぁ、そうか。面白いね。
Daru

Azure_Kyte wrote:

あははははあぁ、そうか。面白いね。
面白い人だね。
Lilac

Pokebis wrote:

I sat down with Hiragana for an hour and then knew it.
Took me about 3 hours just continuously writing it.

Katakana took me about 4.
OnosakiHito
今のThreadは面白いです。
だたら日本語で喋るは本当に良いですねー。
がむばてー
そして日本語を習えもがむばてねー!
Cyclohexane
wwwww

That's about all I can say in japanese
(very useful though)
XPJ38

Mr Color wrote:

wwwww

That's about all I can say in japanese
Here is another thing you can easily learn in japanese:

Translation
*clap clap clap clap clap*
Firo Prochainezo
I didn't know 8 is clapping in Japanese.

The moar you know.
Mythras

OnosakiHito wrote:

今のThreadは面白いです。
だたら日本語で喋るは本当に良いですねー。
がむばてー
そして日本語を習えもがむばてねー!

がんばって* ;)
OnosakiHito
ありがとうございました。w
ZeroEightOne
I know only this word, やらないか
hinamizawan
日本語難しすぎてけど漢字は面白い
those

0814587134 wrote:

やらないか
Shall we do it?
Ephemeral

those wrote:

0814587134 wrote:

やらないか
Shall we do it?
what, kill each other?
melo-sun
i bought a book and downloaded a pdf file from the internet. i learned some stuff but stopped because of kanji
but i try to study sometimes
BatterKnife

makkura wrote:

日本語難しすぎてけど漢字は面白い
Not if you study hard.
Magical Pokie
“sama” “daisuki”……………………