forum

[Archived] Map that is approved (but not ranked) added to score/accurac

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LiChE_old
I was playing the infamous NND version of Flandre's theme to fuck around with, on multiplayer, with two of my friends (NoFail mod was on so we could watch the whole thing when we instalose). After laughing about it and the map ending, my accuracy went down by 2% while my friends' accuracies dropped by 5-6%. I checked if it was ranked in single player, which it isn't and double checked on the osu! site, which it isn't ranked on either.

I was going to contact peppy but this seems like it might be beneath him (also, do I really want to contact peppy). Thanks ahead of time.

Edit: Might be worth mentioning; the two players who played with me and suffered the same were DarkFalco and BurningToast.
Beuchi
That map isn't ranked, but approved.
Approved maps don't add you any score, but they DO affect your accuracy :D

I guess that's the answer you were looking for xP
Topic Starter
LiChE_old

Beuchi-chan wrote:

That map isn't ranked, but approved.
Approved maps don't add you any score, but they DO affect your accuracy :D

I guess that's the answer you were looking for xP
Oh, fucking great.
James2250
You can always play it on half time or come back to it later once you have improved to fix your accuracy on it.
Topic Starter
LiChE_old
I guess. If it were any other song I wouldn't have even made a topic about it, but it's THAT song T_T; I fear I will never get above my current 38% with all easy mods on it.
silmarilen
in multiplayer you cant "lose" anyway, if you die you can keep on playing, so if you hadnt used nofail you would still have seen the whole thing and without accuracy loss.
Ijah_old
I assumed it affected none of my stats when I tried to beat one of those crap tag4 maps,
I can still not get over 30% on it, really annoying...
silmarilen
you probably wont anytime soon either.
better to just stick with the lower accuracy and try to get it up by playing maps you can beat.
Soaprman
It isn't obvious at all until after you finish playing that approved maps count toward your accuracy. Maybe changing the "this map is approved" message that flashes when you start playing to note this would be a good idea.
Topic Starter
LiChE_old

silmarilen wrote:

in multiplayer you cant "lose" anyway, if you die you can keep on playing, so if you hadnt used nofail you would still have seen the whole thing and without accuracy loss.
Yeah, I completely forgot about it. Kinda sucks; I always assumed that since it didn't count towards score, it wouldn't count towards accuracy.