forum

The Cloud Room - Hey Now Now (Hard)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Extor
Ok, this is my first post and my first Beatmap.

This is what you will find with this song:

-No spinners: Sorry, but this one came without me noticing it, I'm not very fan of them in the DS games either, so I think I did it internally. =P

-No overlapping: Like the Osu/EBA games, I don't overlap any slider with another one.

-Beat spacing (I don't know how to call this XD) : The spacing between circles is the number of beats between them, this makes the song more friendly and nicer to play.

Thanks to those things, this song is easier than it seems, it has a very high drain rate too to compensate that.

Linkie: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/30

I hope you enjoy this one!
Lumino

Extor wrote:

-Beat spacing (I don't know how to call this XD) : The spacing between circles is the number of beats between them, this makes the song more friendly and nicer to play.
I don't have a name for it either, but I like it in beatmaps too, and I could see it in yours.
It seems to help me with playing, especially when I don't know the song (this being the case this time around).

Good first beatmap, not my type of music but the beatmap layout suited it either way. :)
eyup
Lumino you're always one song ahead of me! :D

I'd prefer if the sliders were Bezier, but that's a small issue. The map is really nicely done, especially the note spacing. It felt pretty intuitive when to click according to how far the notes were apart!

eyupz
Topic Starter
Extor

eyup wrote:

I'd prefer if the sliders were Bezier, but that's a small issue.
Oh. I realized the beizer curves when I was finishing the song. (After reading lots of posts where everyone recommended Beizer sliders) And I was wondering how good that can be and... It was very good. But since the song was already finished, I left them there. Probably that will be the only song I will do with that type of curves though. =P

Thanks for the comments!
Kylecito
Hey now now, great beatmap you got there :).
As Lumino said, i too love the beat spacing on your map! Makes them look really professional and polished :P

Very nice overall. Constant difficulty thorough the song is good... Though it was kinda long ;P. My hand got tired but i guess that's not your map's fault haha... yay for pause mode!

EDIT: Added to official list :)
Topic Starter
Extor
Yeah, I should have added a few breaks in some parts. But since I wasn't aware the fact that I could add them if I edited the .osu file I didn't add them. :/

And thanks for the reply!
peppy

Extor wrote:

Yeah, I should have added a few breaks in some parts.
Its never too late ;). Go for it - you can do this automatically now in the editor.
Kylecito
Haha actually i forgot to add it to the list, so i will when the new version is ready :)
Topic Starter
Extor
Ok. New version up!

Same link... I think...

I will edit the post anyway.

It has 2 breaks and the funny thing is that they are where the "not beizer" sliders were. So also you will not see those sliders anymore, there is another one that isn't beizer, but you will probably don't see the difference. ;)
Kylecito
Great job! It's really fun to play now :)
Someone beat me to adding it to the official list but there it is. Looking forward for more beatmaps from you ^^
Topic Starter
Extor
I don't know where to put this, but the song avaible to download here isn't the same version uploaded to the online rankings!

I tried using the one I upload here, the one that's here to download and the one I used to have in my song folders. The 3 aren't the same with the Ranking one. :-/
Kylecito
It seems the version peppy uploaded to the rankings maybe was somehow edited by him, giving it a different checksum from the ones you have...

I could add your posted version to the official ranking list, but i don't want to mess up anything! ;P
As the ranking is still being tested, problems like this will surely arise, but rest assured i'll bug peppy when he wakes up :)
peppy
Sorry. This is the main reason I've been holding back from posting more songs. I happen to edit songs on my PC at random to do testing.. then this happens! Will fix now.

Edit: Updated!
Topic Starter
Extor
I do the same thing when I want to see the new stuff in the realeased versions. I needed to download all my beatmaps to have them compatible with online ranking. XD
peppy
There is now a link on the ranking pages to get just the latest .osu file. This should be helpful :)