forum

ITT: We discuss the new forum layout

posted
Total Posts
show more
silmarilen
i like how it just cuts off your sig when its too big (not)
Soaprman
Adding a scrollbar when it gets past a certain height could work. Only downside is that it might occasionally annoy people who scroll with the mouse wheel and have their cursor in someone's sig by accident.
Quaraezha
No need for that Sig Scrollbar, that's just silly.
Ivalset
Man, do I hate this new layout.

But man, do I love having signatures be forcibly height restricted.

You win some you lose some, I guess.
Sushi

Ivalset wrote:

This.

For example (god I love taking that example), how many noticed that the date links directly to the post ?
Galkan

Sushi wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

This.

For example (god I love taking that example), how many noticed that the date links directly to the post ?
Me.

And it's making no difference for me, I didn't mind that little sheet icon that used to be before.
NoHitter
ITT we resize our sigs B-)
Two_old
posts appear to blend together and start too high up

scrap the idea and revert pls

no need to fix what isn't broken
Quaraezha
The "Edit" and "Quote" buttons now appear when you hover your cursor over the post.
That's actually pretty cool.
Koko Ban
everytime i see posts that are negative about website layout changes, i'll leave this one....

whether you like it or not, you'll get used to it without knowing it. sometimes i think peppy should stop accepting community feedback and do things the way he deems it right regardless of public opinion.
Corin
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I just came on here and saw this.

Jesus Christ this is ew.
OzzyOzrock
GUYS OSU! HAS A NEW MAIN MENU OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Quaraezha
Holy shit. I can't disable smileys anymore.
What a derp, I've always disliked the smiley emoticons. :? :o >:( :(
UnderminE
It looks simple and good. Also yay for the new quick reply~
Natteke
Big names make me feel like I'm in some amateur web 1.0 website. the rest is pretty good though, I like it
Verdisphena
My sig looks bad ):
James2250
Not a big fan of how the actual posts look like now...just seems out of place. (Also I miss the post subject at the top of each post, looks too empty now)

All of the stuff on the left is fine though~
NotShinta
It looks pretty rubbish most of the time, but that's more likely than not because I'm not used to it. However, long posts, such as mods, already look orgasmic, so it's totally worth it.
Vext_old
Mmmh, Depending on browser and whether I am mobile or not things get distorted such as sig width height and things like that, prolly will be fixed soon but mm irritating at the moment since on mobile everyone's stuff is slightly too wide and gets cut off or moved down where firefox displays it clean but it hurts my eyes to look at because so bright and with IE it just looks like ass, glad I don't use that. I like the avatar area it looks sleek and sexy other than the font for names.
jjrocks
It looks pretty good in my view~
BrokenArrow
Great, I can't edit/quote posts when using my PSP anymore.
I guess I have to buy a laptop to stalk the forums while liying in my bed now :c
D33d
Really, the one feature that I really want to see is snapbacks in quotes. As in, one should be able to follow a quote to its original post.
awp
took me about 7 minutes to get used to

but now that I'm over that hurdle I'm pleased with it
adam2046
aaaand I'm used to i-

Quaraezha wrote:

Holy shit. I can't disable smileys anymore.
What a derp, I've always disliked the smiley emoticons. :? :o >:( :(
...crap.
:/
Lizzehb
It's cutting off people's signatures! T_T
Lybydose

Lizzehb wrote:

this is intended. make your signatures smaller
mathexpert
I like it, especially now that I can click people's usernames to go to their profile. Also, its sleek and pretty. :3
Kitsunemimi
It looks FUCKING SEXY and I don't care what you say about it! >:(
Shellghost
There was nothing wrong with the previous layout except maybe a few things which weren't needed such as the "Previous post|Next post" thing in the top right.

This just seems like it's making a whole lot of hassle for no reason.
Ivalset

Lizzehb wrote:

Good.

Your signature is shit.
Haneii
Cute <3
Pink line separating old and new posts is a nice add - hope there's more pink to come :D

Don't really like how siggy section is a diff shade than the rest of the post but I've already gotten used to it + I can't disable smilies D:
A simple smile =/= :)

The edit/quote buttons look nice on the forum but they don't appear on my phone T_T (Get my post right the first time? Oh, the pressure D:)

...I hear the changes aren't done yet so it's probably too soon for opinions.
Zekira
Having a hard time adapting :<
0_o

lol'd
adam2046
...Where's the report button?
roleykatsu
The separation line/colour change for the signature area per post almost looks like two completely different posts, mainly because I'm too familiar with every other post being one colour, and the other posts between them being the other colour. Now it just looks like there are double the amount of posts per topic page x_x

I don't really see the point of enlarging the text that identifies the post author. I liked it better when it was small and bold. Now it's ugly.

The new icon sets for things like sending a forum pm or if a user is online is neat, I guess, the other ones were getting old. :P

Since it's not the finalized version of the alterations of the forum's appearance, I guess I shouldn't have to worry about adapting to it that much...because to this date I'm having troubles adapting to the change; everything just looks messier now :(

Maybe this is just an indirect way of making us detest the forums to a point where we don't even bother going on it anymore. Replace strike-out text with something that explains the reason behind the forum layout being confusing and/or visually unappealing.

Edit:

Shellghost wrote:

This just seems like it's making a whole lot of hassle for no reason
Pretty much this. Highly agree with the last layout being just fine >:
Jinxy
I don't get why they were changed, but I am completely ok with it. Training from facebook, basically.
Wojjan
WHAT THE FUCK ADAM IS RIGHT WHERE IS THE REPORT BUTTON
:shock:
UnderminE

James2250 wrote:

Also I miss the post subject at the top of each post, looks too empty now
+1
Soly
SapphireGhost
(current)
(old)
Sooner or later, a thread would be made about it, so I'm just getting it out of the way now. Discuss.
show more