forum

4Kids - General Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

Ekaru wrote:

4Kids didn't get me into anime; to me, the shows 4Kids dubbed were always "cartoons". It was adult swim that actually got me into anime.
But 4kids did get me into anime because of DoReMi and Tokyo New New. 4kids' not the first, Comcast on demand did...
YGOkid8

Bobo wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

4Kids didn't get me into anime; to me, the shows 4Kids dubbed were always "cartoons".
I guess I speak for myself when I say that then.
for me too, 4kids dubs were always cartoons to me.
however like Bobo, i can't say that i would've got into anime if i didn't first introduced to "cartoons" in the first place.

i mean love of "cartoons" -> want to watch more online -> learn of anime? maybe?
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

YGOkid8 wrote:

i mean love of "cartoons" -> want to watch more online -> learn of anime? maybe?
Yeah, I just started watching anime on demand television when I was 12. Thanks to RetroJunk getting me into them though...
Rantai
I feel out of place now.

I got into anime primarily through stepmania :<

4kids actually turned me off anime, specifically Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon (yeah back then I did distinguish between anime and western animation).
YGOkid8
you must've been a pretty mature kid if 4kids turned you off anime as a kid o.o
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
I decided the change the title earlier, because 4kids' problem with Yu-Gi-Oh it over and Zexal's be aired in the morning in here and now it's a 4Kids' discussion thread, Yu-Gi-Oh will be moved to a new thread next time.

YGOkid8 wrote:

you must've been a pretty mature kid if 4kids turned you off anime as a kid o.o
As you see, 4Kids turned me off because I just found out the Japanese version compared to it (One Piece mostly...).
anthonyyy0
Oh, 4kids! I dislike thee, 4kids.
YGOkid8

kokoroanime wrote:

Yu-Gi-Oh will be moved to a new thread next time.
i get the feeling that any anime that 4kids has dubbed will turn into a 4kids General Discussion. just a feeling.
Bobo_old

Ekaru wrote:

To me, the shows 4Kids dubbed were always "cartoons". It was adult swim that actually got me into anime.
Lol, sorry to be irrelevant but that reminds me of a shirt I saw at an anime convention a while ago.
Quaraezha

For me, 4Kids is just some company that dubs Anime for English children.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
Not just any cartoons, they're Nicktoons. LOL!!!
-Shi_old
screw 4kids, I WANT YU-GI-OH! *read 1st post*

SinDemonDragon13
I love all Yugioh series, but mostly the first series and the Abriget one! :D
Oh and has anyone watched the YGO Abriged "Marik plays Bloodlines"? Lol its really funny! XDD
Ekaru

Bobo wrote:

Lol, sorry to be irrelevant but that reminds me of a shirt I saw at an anime convention a while ago.
Hahahahaha! I want that shirt!

@Quaz: 4Kids is the second-worst company that does that, though, which is why they stand out. The worst nowadays is Nelvana Enterprises, known for the really shitty voice actors they consistently hire that make you want to drill out your ears because by golly do their voice actors blow. Trust me, you cannot even try to purposely be as bad as their voice actors; they're *that* bad.
-Shi_old

SinDemonDragon13 wrote:

Oh and has anyone watched the YGO Abriged "Marik plays Bloodlines"? Lol its really funny! XDD
is that one new? o.o I gotta try, I LOVE ABRIDGED!!!
SinDemonDragon13

-Shi wrote:

SinDemonDragon13 wrote:

is that one new? o.o I gotta try, I LOVE ABRIDGED!!!
Not really, the first 3 episodes were released 10 months ago and there are 3 more episodes have been released like a month ago.
But anyway you HAVE to watch it! I command it!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MkLGPS6RFY :D
-Shi_old

SinDemonDragon13 wrote:

But anyway you HAVE to watch it! I command it!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MkLGPS6RFY :D
Yes... Master.... o.o
SinDemonDragon13

-Shi wrote:

SinDemonDragon13 wrote:

Yes... Master.... o.o
>:D
-Shi_old

SinDemonDragon13 wrote:

Nyehehe watching episode 1 right now hehe, been too busy.. with forum games ._.
SinDemonDragon13

-Shi wrote:

SinDemonDragon13 wrote:

Nyehehe watching episode 1 right now hehe, been too busy.. with forum games ._.
And? What do you think about it?
-Shi_old

SinDemonDragon13 wrote:

Good way to make people play the game, hilarious :D
SinDemonDragon13

-Shi wrote:

SinDemonDragon13 wrote:

Good way to make people play the game, hilarious :D
X3 Thats why I want that game so badly!
Bobo_old

Ekaru wrote:

@Quaz: 4Kids is the second-worst company that does that, though, which is why they stand out. The worst nowadays is Nelvana Enterprises, known for the really shitty voice actors they consistently hire that make you want to drill out your ears because by golly do their voice actors blow. Trust me, you cannot even try to purposely be as bad as their voice actors; they're *that* bad.
Nelvana dubs Bakugan dont they?
Oh god >_> That anime is shitty enough w/o an english dub.
SinDemonDragon13

Bobo wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

Nelvana dubs Bakugan dont they?
Oh god >_> That anime is shitty enough w/o an english dub.
Really? Dear Lord.... :o
But Im pretty sure it cant be more worse than the 4kids dub of One Piece
YGOkid8
are you serious? the 4kids dub of One Piece is awesome! it was how i got soo into One Piece, making me dedicated enough to watch every single goddamn episode.

i mean when i rewatched the dub sure it gave me cringes and stuff, but the voice acting is good, and imo 4kids does a great job getting kids into anime.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

YGOkid8 wrote:

are you serious? the 4kids dub of One Piece is awesome! it was how i got soo into One Piece, making me dedicated enough to watch every single goddamn episode.

i mean when i rewatched the dub sure it gave me cringes and stuff, but the voice acting is good, and imo 4kids does a great job getting kids into anime.
You like this version because it got you into One Piece?
YGOkid8
4kids - for kids. i was 7, i got into it. so yes, i like it, and i think they did a job well done.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
Here's the update: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... d-to-saban

4Kids is trying to sell of Yi-Gi-Oh to Saban, I think it is.