forum

How was osu made?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
prismriver_old
I'm wondering how was osu made, like what programming language or whatever? I've tried searching but really haven't found much out lol. I'm not too bright with programming. Sorry if its the wrong board
James2250
There have actually been a few discussions about it, not sure if any individual threads though.

Anyway osu! is made with C# and uses XNA framework as far as I remember.
(And is currently closed source so you wont be able to see too much more than that)
Topic Starter
prismriver_old
Oh thank you, yeah I figured it was closed source but was just curious.
OzzyOzrock
Just read the book of Ouenesis.
Firo Prochainezo
And peppy said, "Let there be hitcircles"
DeathxShinigami
What came first then? The osu! or the symbol?
Vext_old
One day Peppy was eating a grilled cheese, when suddenly a marching band came by. Peppy rushed to the street and began to applaud the group. As he did he realized he was clapping in rhythm and he thought to himself "I wish I were rich." Peppy quickly began work on blueprints for a nuclear bomb he could sell to Russia, but alas his technical prowess was poor at best. Just as Peppy was about to give up, a magical meteor of friendship crashed in his back yard. Peppy dashed to the meteor to find a naked woman holding a bag of doritos. Peppy was puzzled, yet aroused. The woman stretched her hand out and asked him to marry her. Peppy knew a good thing when he saw it and quickly accepted. The woman then took Peppy back to her home planet via trans-dimensional rifts. When peppy arrived, the family bestowed upon him a personal computer loaded with windows 2000, a keyboard missing the shift and caps lock keys, and a mouse with a left click button that was broken. Peppy looked confused as the family smiled and proceeded to rape him mercilessly. When the woman had become impregnated the family beamed him back to his house with his crappy pc. As peppy arrived he was stricken with genius! "If I could invent a way for music to be sped up with catchy beats and high pitched voices, I'd be rich! I shall call it...Pepcore..." Peppy began work immediately and after 3 years of work had nearly completed his project, as peppy finished the final touches, a computer virus infiltrated his system! The virus proceeded to mess with the code repeatedly until finally it was in shambles. Peppy cried at his loss of work, when suddenly he noticed a pattern. "This is... Elite Beat Agents!" Peppy was astonished at the miracle that had happened, he decided to proceed with this instead, Immediately after altering and modifying it, he decided it was not enough! Peppy then added Taiko and Catch the Beat. When this masterful creation was complete he released it to the world quoted as screaming "I'M GOING TO BE RICH BWAHAHAHA!" And he is, today Peppy enjoys rides in his solid gold hover yacht while laughing at poor people as he sleeps with his harem of lolis.
Firo Prochainezo
>Peppy
Sander-Don
Good way to ruin a story, Vext. :C
Vext_old
You're welcome Sander. animask can expect the animask fanfic soon.
Randy96

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

And to this day there are still no sliders
Backfire

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

>Peppy
It was clearly explaines that his name is actually Peppy, but due to shift or caps lock key he decided he'd make it peppy and osu!. Then again, how do you make an exclamation point with no shift? Vext...holes. I see them.
Vext_old

Backfire wrote:

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

>Peppy
It was clearly explaines that his name is actually Peppy, but due to shift or caps lock key he decided he'd make it peppy and osu!. Then again, how do you make an exclamation point with no shift? Vext...holes. I see them.
Peppy traveled through space via trans-dimensional rift and you question the shift key!? Backfire you black ass hole, let's go play Castle crashers.
Firo Prochainezo

Randy96 wrote:

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

And to this day there are still no sliders
Sliders come in the second day.
Backfire
Im online vext. Hit me up whenever.
Vext_old

Backfire wrote:

Im online vext. Hit me up whenever.
*insert smack my bitch up joke here*
Quaraezha
Firo Prochainezo
Oh Qua, I giggled ~
Shellghost
When a man and a Bancho love each other very much.
awp

DeathxShinigami wrote:

What came first then? The osu! or the symbol?
moles
mm201

Backfire wrote:

how do you make an exclamation point with no shift?
Alt+33
Backfire

mm201 wrote:

Backfire wrote:

how do you make an exclamation point with no shift?
Alt+33
I did not know that. :x
boat
how is babby formed
Sleep Powder
SilentKiller

James2250 wrote:

There have actually been a few discussions about it, not sure if any individual threads though.

Anyway osu! is made with C# and uses XNA framework as far as I remember.
(And is currently closed source so you wont be able to see too much more than that)
De compile it and fix the closed source issue lol
show more