forum

AKITO - Sakurakagetsu [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MoonFragrance
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 2011년 10월 16일 일요일 at 오후 10:16:30

Artist: AKITO
Title: Sakura Kagetsu
Tags: BMS Tari Eter DJMAX Online NatsumeRin KRZY
BPM: 138
Filesize: 12077kb
Play Time: 02:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.13 stars, 134 notes)
  2. Hard (4.49 stars, 251 notes)
  3. KRZY's Normal (2.88 stars, 174 notes)
  4. Maximum (4.98 stars, 385 notes)
  5. Moon's Taiko Oni (4.83 stars, 607 notes)
  6. Rin's Taiko Inner Oni (4.83 stars, 702 notes)
Download: AKITO - Sakura Kagetsu
Download: AKITO - Sakura Kagetsu (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My 51th Map

J-Trance Song from BMS and DJMAX Online.

Composed by AKITO
Visualized by Tari, Eter

p.s. - I need more hitsound slots :o
p.s. 2 - some skin changed at 2011/10/4

2011/8/29 : skin has been uploaded
2011/10/16 : MV has been changed, so please re-download this mapset, please :)
cacipan
nice map ;)
Daiguren
yo~

Sakura and Kagetsu need to separate
Sakura Kagetsu
NatsumeRin
offset +13 (1908)
title should probably be: Sakura Kagetsu?

Edit: add this taiko diff if you want? sth like inner oni.

Download: AKITO - Sakura Kagetsu (MoonFragrance) [Rin's Taiko].osu
Topic Starter
MoonFragrance
fixed and added ;)

thanks everyone :D
KRZY
문프라 맵에 처음으로 겟난!

Download: AKITO - Sakura Kagetsu (MoonFragrance) [KRZY's Normal].osu
Sure
찬양하라 문프라
Cyril Scarlet
<3 this song
Backfire
Moon's Taiko -
00:43:212 (10,11,12) - Katsu here would be nice.
01:40:386 - Make this a katsu. Sounds nice :3
01:42:125 (3) - ^
01:43:864 (3) - ^
01:47:342 (3) - ^
01:49:081 (3) - ^
Just a suggestion. I really thought that part was boring, however, its a good map.

Rin's Taiko -
Oh my. Im not sure where to start. This is really overmapped ;~;

I'll star you but, I really like moon's taik or rins. Im sorry! D:
yut_old
:)
avira0922
AKITO :3
hard to freeze
star
I love DJMAX.
Sharp
†                                                                  
Tanmak
싸지방에서 쏴주는 별~

입니다~ :)

:roll:

휴가 나오면 시간 날 때 모딩도 해드릴게요.
JauiPlaY
hihi~ :)
some suggestions:

[General]
you need an approachcircle.png.
and i'm not sure about it, maybe BMS should be the source?

[Easy]
perfect for me.

[KRZY's Normal]
00:33:212 (4,5,6) - kinda crowded, try this?
01:01:255 (1) - should starts at 01:01:147.
02:07:125 (4) - new combo as the easy diff?

[Hard]
00:14:299 (1) - should starts at 00:14:190.
01:31:038 (2) - invisible reverse arrow is unrankable but...hmm maybe it's fine?

[Rin's Taiko]
just saying that the offset is 1895, others are 1908.

[Maximum]
00:14:299 (1) - should starts at 00:14:190.
00:28:212 (1) - should starts at 00:28:103.

really awesome mapping.
KRZY
Fixed all. Thanks!

and no, my message is not too short. Get out with your annoying red letters please.

Shiro
As per your request.

Please reply to this mod saying what you didn't fix (and what you did) and why.
Also, if you have any question, feel free to ask me in-game. :)

General
  1. Since there are two taiko diffs in the mapset, giving an idea of what difficulty each one is would be better. Rename them to Moon's Taiko Oni and Rin's Taiko Inner Oni ?
  2. Not all diffs have the same lead-in yet they start at the same time. 1500ms is a bit too much for me though, try either 500 or 1000ms.
  3. Slider tick rate 0.5 will be removed very soon and is going to be unrankable soon. Tick rate 1 fits more imo.
Easy
  1. 00:57:560 (1,2,1,2) - I'm not a big fan of this pattern. I think new players will be tricked by the spacing between the two combos. If anything, can you try moving both (1)s closer to the center so the "jump" is less big ?
KRZY's Normal
Seems fine.

Hard
Seems fine

Maximum
seems fine

Moon's Taiko
I really don't like the slow downs. They make the bar scroll too slowly and the diff becomes really difficult to see at these points.

Rin's Taiko
way above my skill level but it looks fine

Don't kudosu this. x_x
Topic Starter
MoonFragrance
okay, fixed all :)

thanks for modding and star, all :D

and my message is long enough, annoying red letters.
wcx19911123
sorry for the huge delay
I'm here from my queue

[General]
fine

[Easy]
fine

[KRZY's Normal]
01:12:125 - add note ?
01:13:864 - ^
01:47:560 (1,2) - this 2 sliders are not on the same arc , looks odd
01:49:299 (3,4) - ^

[Hard]
00:36:799 - hitsound change suddenly..
01:12:560 (2,4,5) - not stack looks better
01:21:255 (2,4,5) - ^
01:51:255 (4,5,6,7) - spacing not the same , 1.0→1.1→1.2 , I prefer all 1.2

[Maximum]
00:34:516 (4,5,6) - straight looks better
00:54:625 - add note
01:44:516 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - symmetrical but not the same spacing , try to make it better ?
01:53:647 (1) - x:352 y:240 ?
01:57:994 (5) - in song's soft part , using straight slider is not good imo

nice map
Dangaard
[General]
  1. remove the audio from the video file
  2. maybe you want to make soft-hitclap2 stereo, it's a bit distracting only hearing it on the left side
  3. I think you should increase the opacity of the spinner-circle
  4. You are using custom elements for the default numbers, though default-comma, -dot, - percent, and -x are not used (probably they are needed anyway), but maybe you want to add custom elements for the score numbers as well
  5. You should consider to force default skin when you use custom skin elements so that players don't see 2 skins mixing up. Of course you can force a skin other than default or just make sure to add most elements to your custom skin.
  6. I think you forgot to change the first combo color in [Maximum] (and in the taiko diffs)
  7. while you are at it, please change the audio lead in on [Easy] to 750ms as well
[Normal]
  1. The slider velocity confused me a bit: at the beginning you used some x1.2 sections, later on the same parts you used x1.0. Maybe this was on purpose, but it seems that it was a mistake. Anway, no need to change this.
  2. 01:05:168 (1) - either you should make the break start here already or map the break, since it is a very short break right now
[Taiko] (both diffs)
  1. 01:01:038 - maybe make the spinner start here already, the music sounds a bit chaotic/delayed at this section
goodjob :D
not completely sure about the offset, maybe -10ms~
KRZY

Dangaard wrote:

01:05:168 (1) - either you should make the break start here already or map the break, since it is a very short break right now

Mapped the break. Thanks~

Topic Starter
MoonFragrance

Dangaard wrote:

[General]
  1. remove the audio from the video file
    - i tried to do it, but the size of file was even bigger @_@;
  2. maybe you want to make soft-hitclap2 stereo, it's a bit distracting only hearing it on the left side
    - the original sounds is on left side, so i'd like to keep it on.
  3. You are using custom elements for the default numbers, though default-comma, -dot, - percent, and -x are not used (probably they are needed anyway), but maybe you want to add custom elements for the score numbers as well
    - i don't know resolution of score number, so i didn't make it @_@
  4. I think you forgot to change the first combo color in [Maximum] (and in the taiko diffs)
    - taiko diffs aren't affected by combo color, so i changed only Maximum diff.

[Taiko] (both diffs)
    1. 01:01:038 - maybe make the spinner start here already, the music sounds a bit chaotic/delayed at this section
- umm... i think they are okay. and other taiko modder said okay too.
others all fixed, thank you for modding :)
Sure
deleted :3
Dangaard
Looks fine, but my comment about the offset was rather an info to the next modder/bat, since I'm not very sure. You should keep 1.908ms for now. Also you should apply offset changes on all diffs and not only half of them :P
Topic Starter
MoonFragrance
some modder said 1908 is better, so fixed again :D
and set all diffs to have same offset :3
Dangaard
There we go: bubbled
Topic Starter
MoonFragrance
yay! XD

thank you, Dangaard :)
RandomJibberish
Hiho

General
Set tick rate 2 on all osu! standard diffs - it sounds nicer and makes the slow sliders in the intro less confusing for weird people like me. You're welcome to use skinning to soften the tick sound in the slow sections, since it is a little distracting there.
Easy is pretty slow in terms of beat density and slider speed too, so tick 1 is okay there if you prefer.
Two Taiko Onis? Where's the love for less skilled Taiko players? :<
Set a slider border colour on each osu! standard difficulties - it prevents skins with different coloured overlays and slider borders from looking ugly. Just add "SliderBorder: 255,255,255" under the [Colours] heading in each .osu file and it'll be fine.

Maximum
00:31:473 (3) - I think the ticks in this slider sound fine and don't need silencing :/
01:59:734 (4,4) - aaah, apologies for the grid mod but these should each be moved a grid outward and it annoyed me :<

Rin's Taiko
The slow sections at the intro and ending are, in my opinion, a little overmapped, seeing as the music's all on 1/2s and low intensity - I'd remove the 1/4s.
The 1/6 comes out of nowhere and makes no musical sense, with the exception of the one at the end - replace with 1/4s?
Otherwise looking nice.

Moon's Taiko
Again, not a fan of the 1/6 at 01:51:473 (24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31) -

Everything else checks out fine. Fabulous map - call me back when this is done and message me if you have any problems.
Dangaard

RandomJibberish wrote:

Set a slider border colour on each osu! standard difficulties - it prevents skins with different coloured overlays and slider borders from looking ugly. Just add "SliderBorder: 255,255,255" under the [Colours] heading in each .osu file and it'll be fine.
Just saying that I let him force default skin already, so I think this should be fine.
Natteke
Pointless bubble popping, lol
happy30
the audio file feels really trippy when I listen to it, may I know the source from where you got it?
especially at 01:01:038 - you can hear that the instruments in the song aren't synced at all.

I removed the audio from the video for you, the quality is exactly the same and the size got a bit smaller.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mhtoh5epfibi09o

Maybe ask for the mp3 file of this mapset: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/32351 the quality also seems a bit better.

[edit]: use this mp3 file (overwrite it): http://www.mediafire.com/?cqjqk4wnsc1l16p
no offset change necessary
NatsumeRin

RandomJibberish wrote:

Rin's Taiko
The slow sections at the intro and ending are, in my opinion, a little overmapped, seeing as the music's all on 1/2s and low intensity - I'd remove the 1/4s. Not really. It's a Inner Oni, such things (1/4 or even stream) in slow parts exists frequently in Taiko no Tatsujin Series. Black Rose Apostle or Kamikaze Remix for example.
The 1/6 comes out of nowhere and makes no musical sense, with the exception of the one at the end - replace with 1/4s? It makes sense
Otherwise looking nice. In fact i think the Taiko maps in this map set is pretty similar to Rumble Ranbu. You could check that song and find similar cases ---- the musical sense in TnT series, needs players' performence sometimes.
Bass

Natteke wrote:

Pointless trolling, lol.
RandomJibberish

Natteke wrote:

It's customary to pop to ensure the map isn't ranked before any suggestions are applied, and so the mapper isn't averse to making changes. I can still rank afterwards...

As I am doing now. Apologies for the delay.
happy30

RandomJibberish wrote:

It's customary to pop to ensure the map isn't ranked before any suggestions are applied

happy30 wrote:

the audio file feels really trippy when I listen to it, may I know the source from where you got it?
especially at 01:01:038 - you can hear that the instruments in the song aren't synced at all.

I removed the audio from the video for you, the quality is exactly the same and the size got a bit smaller.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mhtoh5epfibi09o

Maybe ask for the mp3 file of this mapset: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/32351 the quality also seems a bit better.
???
Natteke
and now you ranked it without the video playing
Bass
I smell flamewar.
RandomJibberish
My mistake - the video will be sorted as soon as MoonFragrance turns up. Your scores will be fine.

For now you should be able to manually download happy's video and add it to the folder.
Holoaz
love you hitsound

Gratz!! =~=d
show more