:3/
ZLOdeuka-
Suimya
just have my star <3
Gonzvlo
Hey Bass >w< Sorry, I'm late
Download: Lady Gaga - Dance In The Dark (Bass-chan) [Contrast].osu
Kecco
Bass, call me when you move it to pending. I'll mod it.

Also, you should think about letting some BAT to revive it.
Beuchi
Revived!!
Kecco
Overall
  1. 2009 in tags has no sense. Please remove it.
  2. I really dislike the dark blue in combo colours: Since the SB has a black-and-white background along major part of the song, the dark blue is pretty almost invisible. Please consider about switching it to another colour. White fits well imo.
Darkness
  1. 00:40:350 (8) - New combo here... 15 combos are pretty ugly and since the difficulty has a HP Drain Rate of 7, I think they are really a lot.
  2. 00:54:235 (8) - ^ for the same reason. (14 combos)
  3. 01:48:780 (6) - I suggest to add another arrow; I think it will fit well although there isn't any kind of sound/beat in that moment. Up to you.
  4. 02:05:392 (1,2,3,4) - Well, the 4 is pretty far from the 1-2-3 pattern on the time-line. It's like a trap, in my opinion, since it's a jumpy pattern and the player could fail on the 4 by clicking it in advance. You should consider about finding a solution, maybe this way but it's pretty awful.
  5. 02:08:119 (10) - Same of 00:40:350 (8)
  6. 02:11:838 (3,4,5,6) - Lol, I like this! Well done Bassmy <3 Rhythmic and catchy!
  7. 02:20:888 (9,10,11,1) - Well, it could be hard to provide for a player since there is another 1/4 pattern just 1/2 before. I think it will fit well and it will be more expected if you make a jump. Just move those notes some grid up.
  8. 02:25:722 (10) - Same of 00:40:350 (8)
  9. 02:35:888 (?) - Unfilled space : Ugly. Make a triplet... This will fit well imo (2,3,4).
  10. 02:37:127 (8) - Same of 00:40:350 (8)
  11. 03:02:912 (11) - ^
  12. 03:26:342 (Timing Section) - Why suddenly change volume? Please keep the same of previous ones.
  13. 03:37:623 (8) - Same of 00:40:350 (8)
  14. 04:02:416 (8) - ^
  15. 04:06:383 (6) - ^ just for consistency of patterns.
  16. 04:16:053 (10,11,12) - Gleeeh, awful end. Please : 1) Make a new combo on 10 and 2) Try to place the final triplet in the centre of the axis.
I like this. It's a bit slow but it's normal since it has got 121 BPM. Great work.

Contrast
  1. 00:47:540 (1) - This is ugly for me. When you placed this spinner, it's like you broke the rhythm of the song you were following on the
  2. 00:44:565 (1,2,3) notes-set. Pleace just remove the spinner and places notes and sliders; this will fit well imo (I added the "4" and "5" hitcircles and the "1" slider)
  3. 02:20:764 (1) - Well, it's similar to what I said right above, but it's hard to find some solutions. Keep this or maybe just try to change it with notes and sliders.
  4. 02:22:995 (2) - It doesn't follow the vocal imo. Just move it 1/2 later and add a hitcircle on 02:22:995. Warning : If you want to follow this suggestion you should pay attention to the distance of 02:24:483 (1).
  5. 03:22:747 ~ 03:36:135 - I suggest to use Soft hitsounds like Bassmaster did on •Darkness•
  6. 04:00:433 - What??? This is the end? Orz, please map the whole song D:
This is nice, but please, you should map the remaining part of the song.

Brightness
  1. 01:21:259 (8,9) - Well, those could be hard to read for a beginner. You can solve this just by letting them cross on each other like this
  2. 02:25:722 (7) - New combo.
  3. 03:05:888 (1) - This spinner is too fast for an Easy imo. Please consider about changing it with some notes.
This is good.

Other suggestions for future maps :
  1. By checking the HP Drain Rate, be able to get an idea of what should be the maximum of combos you can use in a diff.
~
Gonzvlo
Sorry for the delay, Everything fixed:

Download: Lady Gaga - Dance In The Dark (Bass-chan) [Contrast].osu
BounceBabe
Random Star ~

Its nice :)
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Was the final part of your storyboarding intentional? That is, the darkness turning back to light at the VERY end of the song. If it was intentional, I believe most players will skip it. Those that stay for the end will likely feel like they got the short end of the stick, so to speak. So, my suggestion is to make the final part of the storyboard within the bounds of the actual ending of playtime for the map rather than at the very end of the song.

I could be wrong, but that was the result of Test mode, and Test doesn't normally lie. >_>

Edit: Fixed via IRC. Has your bubble.
Sakura
[General]
According to wikipedia the title of the song has wrong capitalization it should be "Dance in the Dark"
I recommend an epilepsy warning since the SB switches light/dark pretty fast

[Brightness]
Increase Hp Drain and cut combo length, your combos are going up to 8s which shouldnt happen on the easiest diff.
00:41:838 (7) - New combo, although this note is really awkward and new players will have trouble hitting it, since it's in the middle of nothing all they have is the approach circle, you could just remove it and Insert a break or something.
00:45:061 (3,4) - This spacing is twice as much than the previous note, while the timing between both is the same, please keep spacing equal on the easiest difficulty, even if you're going for symmetry it's not hard to keep it symmetrical without having to break spacing (in fact this kind of spacing makes me want to hit (5) sooner).
00:54:483 (3,4) - Contraty to before the spacing here is half as much, anti-jumps are even much harder to read than regular jumps, let alone on the easiest diff, sorry but u gotta change this as well
01:12:334 (1,2) - Spacing Error
02:28:697 (11) - Are you serious? up to 11 notes in a combo on the easiest diff?, sorry but cut this combo down definitively
04:11:342 (4) - Dont use short kick sliders on the easiest difficulty
Why have so many short spinners on the easiest difficulty?

That's all o/ Good Luck!~

Edit: Fixing to new icon, i'll recheck this when you're done fixing (and i get back from work)
Kytoxid
[General]

Your SB code is in both the .osb and the Darkness .osu; please either keep it in only the .osu or .osb files; otherwise osu! will draw it twice and thus lag twice as much unnecessarily.

[Brightness]

Your sliders could be lined up a bit better on all difficulties; I'll just point out a few examples here and leave it to you if you have time. For example, 00:46:053 (5,6,7) - By looking at http://puu.sh/5R7y (specifically the approach circle), it's pretty clear that they're not perfectly rounded. Similarly, 01:16:797 (1) isn't symmetrical. If you move the points like http://puu.sh/5R7S, it'll be symmetrical. In general, they could just be tweaked a bit if you have time.

In my opinion, for an Easy at 121 BPM, two beats should be the minimum recovery time after a spinner, and there's a lot of 1-beat ones, so I'd have a look at that.

[Contrast]

00:50:516 (5) - I feel like a pattern like http://puu.sh/5R8t would ease into the off-beats a lot better.
01:09:359 (5) - Kinda covered by 3; how about changing it like http://puu.sh/5R8N? Wouldn't be covered.
01:22:499 (1) - I'd recommend not stacking this to make timing a bit easier to read.
04:04:400 (1,2,3) - Same as before; hard to read because it's stacked, especially since all the previous ones were 1/1 and this is suddenly 1/2.

[Darkness]

Too easy for 13m. I'd say that's the biggest issue here.

02:20:268 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1) - Can you make these separated a bit more? It's hard to see that they're 4 notes each, not 5, since most of your patterns are 3 or 5 notes.
Gonzvlo
Bass asked me to check some of his sliders before re-bubbling. I'll edit this asap with the updates.

EDIT:

As requested, tweaked most of the sliders, kept the essence of the shapes tho. Also, mod ahead! ( I'm going to use a different post to keep things organized.)

Download: Lady Gaga - Dance in the Dark (Bass-chan) [Brightness].osu

Download: Lady Gaga - Dance in the Dark (Bass-chan) [Contrast].osu

Download: Lady Gaga - Dance in the Dark (Bass-chan) [Darkness].osu

Gonzvlo
[General]
  1. Tags: "2009" seems way too generic, plus it's not directly related to the map/song. You should remove it.
[Brightness]
  1. 00:51:507 (5,6,7) - I don't encourage using this kind of patterns for the easiest diffs, I'd suggest to either use a repeating slider or a simple slider.
  2. 01:31:673 (1) - This spinner is bugged, it's missing a NC. This is an unrankable issue, make sure to fix it.
  3. 02:10:102 - I don't find this break really necessary, the last break was 10 seconds ago. I strongly suggest to map this little break, remember to use Breaks properly.
  4. 02:16:301 (6) - The last repeat felt rather unintuitive, rookies will expect only 1 repeat. I'd suggest to remove the last repeat, that will also leave a little space before the next spinner.
  5. 02:21:755 (1) - This object is way too far from the centre, remember that post-spinner notes are quite hard for rookies. This is really important, try to tweak the pattern a bit.
  6. 03:30:185 (6,7,1) - Same as before.
  7. 03:40:598 (4) - As I said before, using only 1 repeat would be way more intuitive for rookies. Also, it fits the vocals better, try it.
[Contrast]
  1. 80% of the patterns tweaked/re-arranged.
[Darkness]
  1. 01:49:524 (7) - This jumps felt a bid odd, I think you should simply stack this circle.
  2. 02:51:259 (1) - This circle felt quite unexpected, there isn't any noticeable rhythm here. I strongly suggest to remove it, also, if you leave that little blank the chorus won't feel too overmapped.
  3. 03:30:557 (3,1,2) - This part looks quite messy, thus hard to read. Also, (2)'s 2nd arrow is barely noticeable, this might be a good reason to pop a bubble. I strongly suggest to re-arrange this pattern, try with little streams or a single repeating slider.
  4. 04:04:152 (11) - After such a spacing change you better use a NC here, also the combo is way too long so you better do it.
Topic Starter
Bass

Kytoxid wrote:

[General]

Your SB code is in both the .osb and the Darkness .osu; please either keep it in only the .osu or .osb files; otherwise osu! will draw it twice and thus lag twice as much unnecessarily. fixed

[Brightness]

Your sliders could be lined up a bit better on all difficulties; I'll just point out a few examples here and leave it to you if you have time. For example, 00:46:053 (5,6,7) - By looking at http://puu.sh/5R7y (specifically the approach circle), it's pretty clear that they're not perfectly rounded. Similarly, 01:16:797 (1) isn't symmetrical. If you move the points like http://puu.sh/5R7S, it'll be symmetrical. In general, they could just be tweaked a bit if you have time. fixed

In my opinion, for an Easy at 121 BPM, two beats should be the minimum recovery time after a spinner, and there's a lot of 1-beat ones, so I'd have a look at that.

[Contrast]

00:50:516 (5) - I feel like a pattern like http://puu.sh/5R8t would ease into the off-beats a lot better.
01:09:359 (5) - Kinda covered by 3; how about changing it like http://puu.sh/5R8N? Wouldn't be covered.
01:22:499 (1) - I'd recommend not stacking this to make timing a bit easier to read.
04:04:400 (1,2,3) - Same as before; hard to read because it's stacked, especially since all the previous ones were 1/1 and this is suddenly 1/2.

[Darkness]

Too easy for 13m. I'd say that's the biggest issue here. not really... a lot of easy to pass on the hardest level maps have got score more than 10 mln

02:20:268 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1) - Can you make these separated a bit more? It's hard to see that they're 4 notes each, not 5, since most of your patterns are 3 or 5 notes. fixed
Thanks for mod.

Gonzvlo wrote:

[General]
  1. Tags: "2009" seems way too generic, plus it's not directly related to the map/song. You should remove it. fixed
[Brightness]
  1. 00:51:507 (5,6,7) - I don't encourage using this kind of patterns for the easiest diffs, I'd suggest to either use a repeating slider or a simple slider. fixed
  2. 01:31:673 (1) - This spinner is bugged, it's missing a NC. This is an unrankable issue, make sure to fix it. fixed
  3. 02:10:102 - I don't find this break really necessary, the last break was 10 seconds ago. I strongly suggest to map this little break, remember to use Breaks properly. fixed
  4. 02:16:301 (6) - The last repeat felt rather unintuitive, rookies will expect only 1 repeat. I'd suggest to remove the last repeat, that will also leave a little space before the next spinner. fixed
  5. 02:21:755 (1) - This object is way too far from the centre, remember that post-spinner notes are quite hard for rookies. This is really important, try to tweak the pattern a bit. fixed
  6. 03:30:185 (6,7,1) - Same as before. umm there isn't any spinner before, anyway fixed
  7. 03:40:598 (4) - As I said before, using only 1 repeat would be way more intuitive for rookies. Also, it fits the vocals better, try it. fixed
[Contrast]
  1. 80% of the patterns tweaked/re-arranged.
[Darkness]
  1. 01:49:524 (7) - This jumps felt a bid odd, I think you should simply stack this circle. fixed
  2. 02:51:259 (1) - This circle felt quite unexpected, there isn't any noticeable rhythm here. I strongly suggest to remove it, also, if you leave that little blank the chorus won't feel too overmapped. fixed
  3. 03:30:557 (3,1,2) - This part looks quite messy, thus hard to read. Also, (2)'s 2nd arrow is barely noticeable, this might be a good reason to pop a bubble. I strongly suggest to re-arrange this pattern, try with little streams or a single repeating slider. fixed
  4. 04:04:152 (11) - After such a spacing change you better use a NC here, also the combo is way too long so you better do it. fixed

Thank you Gonzvlo for mod and retweaking sliders.
Kytoxid
Alright, this is good. Sorry for taking so long to get back to this, stuff has been popping up offline so I've just kept osu! open for music while being busy with other stuff. :P

Bubbled.
Sakura
[Timing]
Offset - 10 ms

Original:

With -10 ms

Sorry but offset needs fixing, popping :<

The diffs themselves look fine btw, dont forget to resnap all notes shift all SB elements by -10 ms and timing sections too.
Zekira
Offset: 32160 (-9 from current)

Your message is too short.
...seriously, my message is meaningful enough to be long >:(
Sakura
Ok timing looks good now

Rebubbled~
RandomJibberish

General
Set the offset to 16292 - it makes the menu look much nicer.

Darkness
00:47:531 (9,1) - This antijump isn't confusing so much as annoying
lots of the spacing changes don't make much sense but it's all playable and I've seen worse so

Contrast
Credit this to Gonz in the diff name? You wouldn't know it was a guest diff unless you read the description. Also, the difficulty name doesn't fit with the others anyway.
03:23:730 (4) - I am disappoint with this slider

Brightness
Very high drain for an easy - it's higher than Normal's. Lower it a bit? I'd probably drop the OD and AR a tick too.
Topic Starter
Bass

RandomJibberish wrote:

General
Set the offset to 16292 - it makes the menu look much nicer. ok

Darkness
00:47:531 (9,1) - This antijump isn't confusing so much as annoying fixed
lots of the spacing changes don't make much sense but it's all playable and I've seen worse so

Contrast
Credit this to Gonz in the diff name? You wouldn't know it was a guest diff unless you read the description. Also, the difficulty name doesn't fit with the others anyway. fixed
03:23:730 (4) - I am disappoint with this slider well I know that Gonzvlo should know better, but I've remade this slider and it's symetrical and looks okay really... http://puu.sh/6gXH - how it looks now

Brightness
Very high drain for an easy - it's higher than Normal's. Lower it a bit? I'd probably drop the OD and AR a tick too. fixed
RandomJibberish
Slider was fixed properly by me, preview point and offset mix-up sorted, all looking good now

Rebubbleded

EDIT: Bass fixed an accidental silly jump that I thought was intentionally silly. Boom again.
OzzyOzrock
Gonztrast
abalee
should have a little fix.
Darkness:
00:48:523 (8) - new combo?
02:36:870 (7,1) - ,02:39:845 (8,9) - uh not sure way you leave such long combo again, for the symmetric?

Gonz' Contrast
I don't like the soft-whistle used here, original soft-finish is fine for me but it just a suggsetion.

Edit: fine for go.
Musty
gratz
Louis Cyphre
abalee
<-:
Kawayi Rika
Bass-chan~

Congratulations~ ;)