forum

The user name origin thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Since I changed my username, I might as well explain it's meaning. It means unsolved crime in japanese(at least that's what the translate site said).
ArcAngelArtemis
I stole it or something.
Minty Gum
I wanted to name myself Mint or Minty or something like that because mint is my favorite flavor of ice cream :3 But it was taken, so I just went with Minty Gum. I'm a girly girl, so I just thought it sounded kind of cute xD
Nazeko
My nickname Why, from my real name Wynne, literally translated in japanese as Naze.
Then I came up on adding gender approach by putting -ko(子) suffix that means girl
Therefore roughly written as ナぜ子 (Nazeko)

Some are confused with the origin of my name, asking "does your name suggests you like cats? neko?"
that's true but I haven't thought of that neko stuff as my name.
hoihoisoi
It was a dark and stormy night. Seriously, it was, not kidding here, it was raining, how I remembered was because later that night there was a blackout.. I wondered to myself. What is the meaning of life. And so I'm like. I'll settle that problem after I install Gunz online.

So anyways, i installed it and registered on IjjI.com. At that time I was known as Buggy-sama from One piece as in that was my first username then. So I logged in and I was to choose a character name. Curses! Buggy-sama was taken. So I thought and thought and I came up with some other names which I cannot remember.

So after some attempts. I was like, lets go for something original. So I chose a single alphabet. 'H' at that time seemed very uncommonly used. So I decided to start with 'H'. If I'm not wrong I typed something like 'hahahaman' which was pretty stupid. So I deleted and the a. Then it came to me. "HaiHaiMan", damn, taken! I decided I want that kinda H and I sound.

So what do I do? Change the 'A'. to what!? I rethought my first name. 'hahahaha' and I thought, why not I make it sound like those anime laughter, you know those comedy anime women who holds up the fan and covers their mouth and go 'Hoooooooohohohohoho!'. So I added the o. 'Hoi' was created.

And so I tried 'Hoiiiiii' cause you needed at least 8 characters in your name. It was available, But it didn't look nice. Like the words were big to small and it was like only a one breath word as in you can say it straight and it comes out damn short. So I deleted the 'i's. So I decided to extend it to reach 8 letters. "HoiHoiHoi" It occured to me that it sounded repitative. So I thought about it. What if I changed the last 'H'. Then I was like. What letter. "HoiHoiBoy", "HoiHoiToy" and so call came to my mind. Then I recalled what I ate for dinner. "Fried fish with Soy sauce" And I was like. "Soy?"

"HoiHoiSoy" was created. I was very pleased. But then I thought. 'Soy it sounded retarded as in people would make fun of me. So I decided to change the Y to I. Thus creating 'HoiHoiSoi'. And then I started to play and blahhhh....Got my character to a pretty decent level and by then I was used to people asking me whether I was japanese or korean or something. So I was like. 'Huh....this name must be kinda different' Back then of course. Ever since then my username for many games have been HoiHoiSoi.

The reason why I decided to retain the name was because I used to write fanfictions back then with this username and I was known back then in some other forum I do not wish to speak off as it has been closed already.

And so the reason why my user name is HoiHoiSoi was because of the story. Also, this is just a rough interpratation as in the examples such as HoiHoiToy were made up cause I know it was something like that. The plot points are all here, some examples are made up just for story sake since I can't remember those name cause it was about 6 years back! Fish and soy sauce was real however, I know alot of you don't believe this part but I'm completely sure that's how the last syllabus was created. But overall this was how I got the name. The name I thought about the most when I was making characters back then. I had other names too, but now everything has turned to this one.
Anzo
"anzo" from the katakana characters of my name (anthony)
then "-nii" from taka-nii (which means brother, from seitokai yakuindomo)
HikaruAikawa
The name of an original character, made by my big sister (MayuAikawa).
f e a r
Sooten is a typo of Mai Otome
Copter-kun
Well. This is my origin. I was searching through 'rofl' because I was bored. Then, I found 'roflcopter'. I chose this name for almost every website for registration. I had to use different numbers for each website. In osu, I chose 46. Then I realized how my name sucked. Before. I got my supporter, hikari_eniza called me 'Copter-san' and I thought, 'hey this name looks good,' but rather than 'san' I decided to use 'kun.'
Flanster
First name was SonicXPS2 > I was into PS2 emulation and Sonic the Hedgehog > SonicX (the show) + PS2
But i changed it because i dont like PS2 emu or Sonic anymore so my new one is Lolicore Flandre > Im a huge lolicon which made me think of loli + core (I did not asosiate my name with the Lolicore music) and Flandre because i love her :>
Kamure
Well, this account used to be shared between my sister and I, so our interests were somewhere in the username.
I love chameleons, and she had the peace part.
The numbers are our lucky numbers, mine being 7 and hers 10.
But now it's all my account although she claims some of the time....

But ever since my partial involvement, I want to change it to Chamle-kun (cam-lay-koon).... but I know that my parents would think it's a waste. Wait until I get a job in a few months.

I regret adding numbers now!!!!
Punika
I actually called me once Naka, but I've later renamed in different communities, because I did not want any more be called Naka (which incidentally comes from a manga:) "Charming Junkie")
Kana is really only so because my girlfriends name Kaya and Kai xD oh man, that's really, really stupid: D

I change the name, however, constantly ... I currently call myself MurderdollPunika on

aaaah sorry for this crapy english... be gentle with me, I am a english noob... lol
AzureKikinak
Well got my name from two different places. Azure from .hack//SIGN which was the first anime I really liked, and Kikinak from an old PS one game called jade cocoon that I played to death. Kikinak was an awesome character whose only weakness was fire, and seeing Balmung of the Azure Sky made me think of him so thats why ^_^
ampzz
Was actually installing two amplifiers in my home theater system and pronounced the S as Z when saying amps, lol.
Tucked on the other z just because I felt like it, and most places disallow four letter usernames anyhow.
ISolvePractical
this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYRz89SAHqI

I dunno, I have lots of different names that I use, I just happened to use ISolvePractical here... :y
-Athena-
erm birth year + real name = account name ^^
wolfn
tl;dr: Last name and first initial.

When I was much younger I was starting up Diablo 2 (around 7-8 years old). My father had me use Wolfn so that I wouldn't spend too much time working on a username. I later abandoned the name for other stupid usernames you would come to expect from a child/preteen (RealBigBad, Bloody Bunny, neisan, ugh... etc.) Later I started wanting a more definite identity and chose Wolfn for it's simplicity, ease of pronunciation, and slight meaningfulness. Wolves in general are also a reoccurring theme for me due to my family name.
Micaela Mousiki
I used "Micaela" because is a variation of my middle name(Michelle).
And "Mousiki" is the greek translation of "Music" (Not that I speak greek), since I always wanted to study music.
Yup, my user name origin is BORING. :lol:
TBTE
Texas Business Technology Expo.
Firo Prochainezo

TBTE wrote:

The best twat ever.
Vext_old
Totally Big Tongue Entrapment.
BatterKnife
Username 8find3r is an old username that I used years ago when playing Half-Life games. The "8" stands for "infinity" and "finder".. Well I was always looking to be the best and on top so I thought being infinite would be the same as being invincible. Oh my my

I only use this username here now that I have a new one that I use on most sites.
TBTE

Vext wrote:

Totally Big Tongue Entrapment.
Total Body Trainer Ever

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

TBTE wrote:

The best twat ever.
I think i want You inside me, Vext is it allowed?
Vext_old

TBTE wrote:

Total Body Trainer Ever

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

The best twat ever.
Buy me one, I need it to look better for you when Firo and I are both inside of you tonight.
TBTE

Vext wrote:

Total Body Trainer Ever

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

The best twat ever.
Buy me one, I need it to look better for you when Firo and I are both inside of you tonight.[/quote]

I did it via PayPal, also you can never look better than the best thing ever.

also

I never had two at the same time. >.<
Vext_old

TBTE wrote:

also

oh you screwed up that quote so bad I'm not even going to quote you quoting it.
TBTE

Vext wrote:

TBTE wrote:

also

Can I still have Firo?
Vext_old

TBTE wrote:

Vext wrote:

Can I still have Firo?
Nope, she won't have the time what with all those delicious meals she will be cooking for me.
TBTE

Vext wrote:

TBTE wrote:

Can I still have Firo?
Nope, she won't have the time what with all those delicious meals she will be cooking for me.
I want those meals :<
Vext_old

TBTE wrote:

Vext wrote:

I want those meals :<
Shoulda put a ring on that finger... Oh wait.
TBTE
Lol.

Beyonce Go.
Norbi
Norbi is just an everyday nickname for Norbert in Hungary, not very original. I use this everywhere, but if it's already taken, then:

Norbi + pokémon = Norbipoke
Norbi Ueda - Ueda was my last name in Persona 4 when I first played it.
InfernoWonderland
I like Alice in Wonderland (the book version ;3) and well i put Wonderland but i didnt want it to sound uhm...cute? xD so i turned into something weird so i write Inferno but now i like it more cuz i found AmericanMc Alice and Alice Madness Return *-*

And sorry for the bad english if i have any mistake c:
Lybydose
I don't even know
nimi
me and my friend wanted to make nicknames that matched on that other game we used to play. we thought of hot and cold, but that'd be ugh. so we thought, winter and summer. since i lived on the south of brazil, which is the cold part and she more in the north, i took winter and she took summer. when i was going to create my osu! account, there was already an account using winter, so i just put one more 'i' aand here i am now <o>
roleykatsu
My username is the nickname my irl friends gave me back in Grade 6; the nickname originates from my actual name.
mizorex
i would be using mizore but some asshole already stole it ;-; so i used mizorex because i also raided with this name in wow last year ^.^
Haruhi_sama
CoreFantasy
I dunno >.<
But, i just like Russian name.
Aurele
Must love necro-post.

Ohwell.
Mine is my name? :3
show more