forum

The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up

posted
Total Posts
show more
Backfire

JesusYamato wrote:

I know the music is repetitive but try to come up with more original pattern next time.
Gratz anyway
That was the biggest problem for me, and most likely wmm.
I blame his song choice.
Its still a really fun map though, unless you play insane which is just...ridiculous.
Ekoro
Gratz' for rank ~ :3
Cyclohexane

Backfire wrote:

JesusYamato wrote:

I know the music is repetitive but try to come up with more original pattern next time.
Gratz anyway
I blame his song choice.
Go away, The Prodigy is always an awesome song choice. :<
Backfire

Mr Color wrote:

Go away, The Prodigy is always an awesome song choice. :<
No! You misunderstand what I'm saying

The song is not very good for mapping.

Smack my bitch up is a god damn masterpiece, but its repetitive and difficult to transition into a fun rhythm experience.
Zelos
Awwww yeahyuh.
EBAWER123
Such a bad map... And someone actually dared to rank it... Why such maps are getting ranked and a lot of maps which are much better, more interesting and more fun to play are not even being approved or look at? The only good thing here are SB and music, and as a BAT you should have some kind of dignity, self-respect and knowledge of mapping, don't you? Than why would you make such a map?
Firo Prochainezo

Backfire wrote:

Smack my bitch up is a god damn masterpiece, but its repetitive and difficult to transition into a fun rhythm experience.
Challenge accepted.
OnosakiHito

Backfire wrote:

The song is not very good for mapping.
Basically this song requiers an higher experience for patterns, Backfire.
You mapped mostly with the foreground-sounds, what is actually right. Most people would do that.
But normaly we use other patterns if the map is too monoton, like using for example kd dk instead of a kdk.
(That's also what Namco do, but they fail badly. lol)
You done that one time at 00:43:582 to 00:49:088, just little bit late. Another option would be to increase the difficulty of patterns at the beginning 1/1 > 1/2 > 1/4.
Telling you for next time.

Well, possibilities were open.

Edit:
@EBAWER123: Some how that's true?
@Firo Prochainezo: I was also thinking about this.
Backfire
I wasn't talking about myself ono. I was talking about whymeman.

I also revised my taiko map tons and tons and tons of times. I remapped that shit.

Its an early map, and not one of my better maps, Im freely going to admit, but its fun and entertaining on its own merits. It has some fun parts and some good patterns, but I felt some parts were barren, and the part at the begining stumped me to the point where I could do anything but repeat it. I even told wmm if he didn't want it, remove it.

Also, I dont like it when when you lecture me about patterns and such, like im ignorant to everything. I used patterns that I felt were interesting and not stupidly hard to play.

EBAWER123 wrote:

Such a bad map... And someone actually dared to rank it... Why such maps are getting ranked and a lot of maps which are much better, more interesting and more fun to play are not even being approved or look at? The only good thing here are SB and music, and as a BAT you should have some kind of dignity, self-respect and knowledge of mapping, don't you? Than why would you make such a map?

Become a BAT and fix it then. You're undermining James AND Wmm's integrity with this. It followed the rules, and was fun to most extents. Go mod some of the maps you thing are "better and more interesting" and try to help them get ranked. Don't just sit around and complain about how it sucks. Shit. You people just don't get it. AND THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS. :I

Alllllso, Firo, it's really REALLY incredibly difficult. If you feel like you could make a better map, by all means, make one.
Even D33d admits this is a very bad song choice to map. And he mapped fucking APHEX TWIN.
Charles445
I think some people won't like this map for a few reasons.

Note, these are observations, not me complaining about the map.

1. Normal circle size (Yes people still complain about them.)
2. Spaced out streams (Like the soon to be (in)famous pentagon streams.)
3. 1x to 2x speed transitions (Many people dislike these. At least they have warnings, which is very good.)
4. Few sliders (On the hardest difficulty, it goes without sliders from 01:45:916 to 03:05:212 , which is well over a minute.)

That's all I can tell, storyboard is nice and song choice is great.
Backfire
Charles, more or less, im thinking its the diff spread and the insane diff.
Natteke

Charles445 wrote:

I think some people won't like this map for a few reasons.

Note, these are observations, not me complaining about the map.

1. Normal circle size (Yes people still complain about them.)
2. Spaced out streams (Like the soon to be (in)famous pentagon streams.)
3. 1x to 2x speed transitions (Many people dislike these. At least they have warnings, which is very good.)
4. Few sliders (On the hardest difficulty, it goes without sliders from 01:45:916 to 03:05:212 , which is well over a minute.)

That's all I can tell, storyboard is nice and song choice is great.
I dont get the point of this post
Charles445

Natteke wrote:

I dont get the point of this post
To try and help explain the rating so the mapper knows what's going on.

Feedback is a good thing you know.
Larto
I personally agree, this map (focussing on Ass kIcking) is really not very well made. Don't take this as trolling or flaming or whatever excuse you'd like to use to ignore this feedback, because it isn't intended as any of those.

01:45:916 - 02:49:352 - One minute of no sliders at all. Many places could definitely have used some, like in the previous sections. Instead, linear, enormous jump patterns were used, and while I agree that this part in particular is well fit for bigger spacing and difficult patterns, 1/4, really spaced out star patterns are - and excuse my choice of words, but this is the word that fits the outrage that this spacing is - bullshit. Making maps difficult is an easy thing to do, and in some parts an appropriate thing to do, but just using sudden, enormously spaced out 1/4s that might as well have been placed in any other part of this kiai time and have little to no reason behind them is definitely NOT good mapping.

Furthermore, jumping around to hit randomly placed 1/2 stacks is not fun either, at least not in my little definition of fun. This whole part has no creativity behind it except for those occasional annoying to hit star patterns, it all could basically have been done by letting distance spacing do its work and placing 1/2 stacks at some completely random spot. A few other trapezoid and square patterns were used, but if those count as a creative effort, then... I can't even think of a proper comparison! It's just not creative, can we go with that?

All in all, this map is not unrankworthy, it does not go against any current rules or guidelines, and that was never the question anyways. I just felt like giving some feedback, and do hope that this is read and at least considered and not, as it seems to be common, ignored and counted as a troll post. Thanks!

EDIT: Do not DARE to just brush this off as a subjective opinion either. I tried to give reasons for my thoughts as objective as it gets. If you want me to go into the definition of fun, please shoot yourself now. That was not an order, I just hope no one GOES AS FAR.

EDITIDE: obligatory anime background qq
Cyclohexane
Alright, throwing my two cents, here we go

EBAWER123 wrote:

Seriously, I don't like insulting people, but that's what you're doing, so... Get the fuck out. This map has nothing unrankable, was not speedranked since it started around 10 months ago as far as I'm aware of and the map itself is very original and different from the ones we see these days. It's a breath of fresh air to see new stuff, may people like it or not. Second, why in the name of crap do you relate the BAT with mapping when they're both completely unrelated? This is ridiculous. You clearly do not know anything about the ranking system, and I would recommend you think before you speak. Third, don't like the map? Fair enough. Feel like bitching about it? Tell it to your friends in-game. But just don't come around flaming and insulting the mapper, first off because he couldn't care less about your opinion, second you WILL make an ass of yourself, and third because well, stirring trouble IS asking for trouble. The map deserved to be ranked, it got ranked, case closed, congratulations Whymeman.

Oh and if you're too butthurt because you can't get your/your friends' maps to get ranked, it's not a reason to talk shit to the first ranked map you don't like either. This "why was this ranked while this is so much better" argument is incredibly stupid. Would you go as far as saying that maps getting ranked, even when you don't like them, is a bad thing? Way to be a burden to the community, bravo!

alright this is probably going to be locked for flames anyway, so I'll just end it with my congratulations again to Whymeman, I'm pretty happy to see another Prodigy map ranked. Sorry for the bothers.
James2250
No I am not going to lock this thread at the moment (although whymeman might do it later). People are free to say what they think about a map on the thread and share their opinions, but you don't need to turn it into personal attacks against the mapper or the entire ranking system in general. If that keeps happening then I will be forced to end this conversation.

All this map did was try something different to give players a change. Yeah maybe it is harder than it needs to be at certain parts but do you really just want the same type of maps ranked everyday? It's nice to see something that goes in a different direction once in a while. If you disagree then fine..just skip over this map. It's true that this map could of used some more unique patterns and probably some extra sliders which whymeman can take into consideration for future maps.

EBAWER123 wrote:

Almost everything you mention here is subjective. There are thousands of ranked maps ..if you don't happen to like this partiular style then that's fine, you can go and try some of the other maps. We try and keep approving "fun" and "interesting" maps but we can't please everyone all of the time.

I don't really think the taiko difficulty argument is necessarily, it was decently mapped in my opinion. But try and make the posts slightly less harsh when referring to that anyway.

By the way I "am" going to delete the random images and videos etc posted. I am happy you can find the submit button, but you don't always need to use it. Unless you have some constructive comments to add, you don't need to post.
Soaprman
I really like Fighting. Ass Kicking... the pentagons put it out of my league. Rest of it is alright though. Could use a bit more variety perhaps but hey. Every map can't (and shouldn't, in my opinion) be made to please everybody and sometimes you have to choose between making the map you set out to make and making the map people are asking you to make. As long as you have no regrets about what you do~
NeoRainier
As i'm an osu!standardderp i tried the "Ass kicking" in ctb and backfire's taiko...enjoyed both with nice results.
About the debate on taiko...well, the map seems ok, nothing special but at the same nothing crappy; wouldn't blame his pattern choices, even if i didn't like really much those changes on every combo...
OnosakiHito

James2250 wrote:

I don't really think the taiko difficulty argument is necessarily, it was decently mapped in my opinion. But try and make the posts slightly less harsh when referring to that anyway.
James, this wasn't necessarily too, that you deleted my post. I mean, our "new"(more or less) Taiko players need to learn much more.
But as I can see it dosen't really work if you are everytime just nice to some one. People are leaving because of bad maps. And bad maps excist because of less moding or just refusing the mod and feedback(I don't mean backfires map right now).
So if we can't get any ,,Taiko Approval Teams", then let us at least our comments to the maps please... In this case I didn't even insult some one or said fals things.

It can't be everytime soft, sometimes you need to be hursh, or is that wrong? soft modding and feedback dosen't help player everytime to improve.
About my comment, Backfire should know why I told him that. He should know what I told him before. But if he say ,,I hate it when you mod"(short version) and I say nothing, this dosen't help him then even a bit. So please leave it the next time to us maybe? I'm not saying that for fun or because I hate someone.
Everything is just from a mappers view.

This could maybe took as flame. But I just want to show that osu! and Taiko are still two different things, like the modding too.
dNextGen
Speed up is cool as expected from whymeman's maps 8-)

and person who started all of this drama is fgt
EBAWER123

Mr Color wrote:

Alright, throwing my two cents, here we go

Second, why in the name of crap do you relate the BAT with mapping when they're both completely unrelated? This is ridiculous. You clearly do not know anything about the ranking system, and I would recommend you think before you speak.

It does relate, BAT's are the most knowledgeable people here, aren't they?

Third, don't like the map? Fair enough. Feel like bitching about it? Tell it to your friends in-game. But just don't come around flaming and insulting the mapper, first off because he couldn't care less about your opinion, second you WILL make an ass of yourself, and third because well, stirring trouble IS asking for trouble. The map deserved to be ranked, it got ranked, case closed, congratulations Whymeman.
Oh and if you're too butthurt because you can't get your/your friends' maps to get ranked, it's not a reason to talk shit to the first ranked map you don't like either.

Huh? Get your shit together. Fan-boy.
backfire, I never said anything about your taiko, did I? I was talking about the last diff on this map.

Oh, and please, do excuse my harsh translation, English is not my native language, you see.
Beuchi

OnosakiHito wrote:

People are leaving because of bad maps.
There will always be bad maps and STILL there will be people that likes those maps. If people leaves just because of that they're not enjoying this game as they should.

At the end, being bad or good is a bit subjective as well.

Now I ask you guys to please refrain from flamming/insulting from this point. We had enough of it already. :|
Firo Prochainezo
Hey Ono, since you sound like "someone who knows everything" then define a bad map.

No matter what answer you'll give you'll be wrong, because (like Beuchi said) people might like this map, and people might hate it.

And people are not leaving because of bad maps, by the way. They're leaving for some other reasons.
Sander-Don
Rage more.
In my opinion, the taiko is fine, it's just simple.
No need for all this arguing.
Backfire just still has a lot to learn about mapping.  
OnosakiHito
SPOILER
@Beuchi-chan, Firo Prochainezo:
Uff*rubbing eyes*, why are you even posting, if you didn't read everything... or is my english really this bad? orz
I gaved an example for leting Taiko mod's and feedbacks how they are(I'm not talking about bad/good), because there is a reason why some one wrote them(nvm if they are soft or harsh(harsh dosen't means insulting)). If you want, you can even use going on nervs instead of leaving, and lacks on quality instead of bad.
It is totaly clear that no one can define what is bad and good. But what is possible to say is, if something is following the rules(I think you use another words instead of rules) or not, right? If you suggest something that allready happened to you, right? This is what I did before in the second case without insulting but true facts...

I'm seeing this as a mapper right now. That means, to think about the construction how to improve it and not to say ,,I feel like this and that".
I feel also 1/8 is possible in Taiko, but this isn't necessary. I hope you got it right now, if not just please, stop it then, there is no need to speak about it anymore. I will stop it too.

@Sander-Don: I never said it is bad if you mean me. Post was just delete that's why it is confusing a bit. - Do you see right now what I mean James? orz
People are arguing about thinks what was never talked about... I'm done here now, Backfire read allready what I said.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Honestly........ what is wrong with you people? If you TRUELY don't have anything properly constructive to say, then don't even bother saying it. Rude, flaming post about how you hate someone's style isn't how you suggest for someone to improve. Saying that "person A through person E can map better than you" is total trash talk and will get tossed to the side. You all need to learn how to respect a mapper's style and to respect others if you expect to be respected back. Going this far out to "make a point" is only going to cause problems with others and for yourself.

@ EBAWER123: You seem to understand English just fine just to post out such negative text. I suggest you start finding the proper words to use before posting anymore.

@ OnosakiHito: If you want people to learn something on what to do in future maps, then don't put in baseless facts in your posts. People leaving because of "bad maps" is a very poor excuse and is demeaning to those that actually DID work hard to make the map. And no, you don't have to be harsh to make a point since doing so would work opposite. If you really want to show something, then do it more POSITIVE.

Another thing to point out, complaining about what is on the map and such after it was just ranked, is childish. The map has been in pending for over 9 months, more than enough time to check it. I honestly won't respect the fact of free speech if you're going to have those that abuse it.
lepidopodus
Can't really follow up what's going on since some posts were deleted, but do you Taiko guys need some interference from me or what.

Kinda furious since Taiko mapping community became a laughing stock. I came here cause I saw some guys are moking us about this issue.
OnosakiHito

whymeman wrote:

@ OnosakiHito: If you want people to learn something on what to do in future maps, then don't put in baseless facts in your posts. People leaving because of "bad maps" is a very poor excuse and is demeaning to those that actually DID work hard to make the map. And no, you don't have to be harsh to make a point since doing so would work opposite. If you really want to show something, then do it more POSITIVE.
whymeman, read what I post, please. I never said it is bad. Never in any map!
It was just a bad(I lol'd now) example, okay?? But the fact is still there: ,,deleting posts which are importand, is not good" because you see what happens right now... so stop it please, for god sake. I never insult some one, said his character is bad or his map.
I just gaved a feedback and answer to the answer of the feedback, is that so wrong? orz

Edit: v I don't want anymore to expand this, so let's talk in IRC, wmm?
Edit2: Thank you for the talk.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Posts were deleted because the feedback wasn't even worth being called feedback. And don't act like you know everything either. This isn't something i'm laughing about you know.
Sander-Don

lepidopodus wrote:

Taiko mapping community became a laughing stock.
True words.
Mismagius
Is this going to change anything?

No?

Oh, just wanted to know.

I feel bad for whoever goes here and just says "lol taiko diff sucks because patterns i can't do lol" or "lol ass kicking sucks because spaced streams i fail at them euheuehueu". I really don't get what the fuck is wrong with this community. I'd like some of you to grow up mentally, please.

Also, whymeman, please read the "UK for a while" on EBAWER's profile.

My god, this community just makes me feel worse everyday with all this bullshit. We're here to play, not to complain about issues no one else cares. Even if someone else cares, just don't go and flame the thread with your complaints.

Your argument may be right - but after you start being immature, then your argument is completely wrong.
Waryas
I never meant any harm in my post i just stated my opinion. Sorry if it offended anyone.
ziin
I do not like ass kicking because of the huge spacing and small circle size. I may find it more enjoyable as I improve, but I enjoy rhythmic difficulty more than mouse difficulty in general.

Anyone who thinks bad maps shouldn't be ranked is being silly. This map is nearly perfect, and while it didn't appeal to most of osu!, there are many people who do like it, and thus it can't be a bad map. Saying "there are hundreds of other pending maps which are better" is an opinion as well, and also silly.

Blue Dragon wrote:

My god, this community just makes me feel worse everyday with all this bullshit. We're here to play, not to complain about issues no one else cares. Even if someone else cares, just don't go and flame the thread with your complaints.
That's why it's best to lead by example, with positive feedback and well thought out arguments. I think that while complaining in a foreign language a lot of the subtleties of the language are lost in translation, so your words may come across as harsh or rude. Also, if this community is making you feel bad, you should limit your activity in the community. It's not worth affecting your mood in real life for a game.
mm201
Okay, you know what, if you don't like a map, forget about it. It's not going to jump out of your computer and bite you or anything.