show more
sallygwizz38
but how long ago was my ban
Derekku

sallygwizz38 wrote:

but how long ago was my ban
~48 hours ago, so roughly 48 more.
SilentKiller
I know I didnt do anything this time......
peppy

SilentKiller wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60722
SilentKiller

peppy wrote:

SilentKiller wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60722
No its the fact I was silenced then later on banned when nothing else happened. Sad you get silenced for saying anal...

And honestly nothing on that chart works for the fact admins hide behind the anonymity of irc and just do as they please.
Shiirn

SilentKiller wrote:

And honestly nothing on that chart works for the fact admins hide behind the anonymity of irc and just do as they please.
yes it does, see "ask any admin" because there is no anonymity for any admins who silence or kill since it's all logged. You should probably be following the "you're stupid" lines, there's your problem.
sallygwizz38
now how much time left?
Mismagius
@ sally 2-3 hours left?
awp

Shiirn wrote:

SilentKiller wrote:

yes it does, see "ask any admin"
the reason why "ask any admin" is suggested over "find out which one banned you and ask them directly" is because it doesn't matter who you ask - the chat OPs don't operate under their own sets of rules. There are rules posted on these very forums (!) which everyone is expected to abide by and that's what we use when determining things

the problem is with those of us who are a bit more lax about it (eg me), since sometimes you get away with something you shouldn't. But that's an exception to the rule. And being an exception to the rules voids any guarantees you might think you have because you are supposed to act within the rules (which is what they're there for)

asking for the specific admin that banned you should only be used in cases where you didn't actually break any rules (when it's a specific individual, roughly 100% of these are crying wolf). BanchoBot is omitted, because BanchoBot does sometimes silence users who legitimately don't deserve it. BBot's kind of a dick sometimes.
Suimya
ok i know why but for how long is my ban?
Inamaru

-Sekai- wrote:

24 hours
Suimya

Inamaru wrote:

-Sekai- wrote:

24 hours
INA <3 thank you
Mikey
Umm I was banned for literally no reason, yesterday when the server was having those problems, and then everyone had a different username for a few minutes, I then just randomly got banned for no reason and have been ever since.
Joyce Cross
If you allow me, I would like to notice something. I know exactly why I was banned. Though it surprised me, because if someone has ever read #russian, he/she would know that it's a pretty common thing there to use foul language (which I didn't use). The rules say: "Be nice to other players, don't harass people for any reason whatsoever. If someone asks you to stop bothering them, stop bothering them. Trolling, herein defined as deliberate antagonism of other player(s) in order to make said player(s) uncomfortable/feel harassed/commit an infraction, is also considered in this ruling." ... "Note that in some cases, such as with public slander, a request to desist is not required. That's something you should just never do". In this case, about 90% of users in #russian would be banned for trolling, using foul language and simply not being nice to others.
I mentioned a 18+ word when it was about 3 am in Moscow time belt, so no child could have read it. It wasn't foul language as well. A user reported me, and I sincerly excuse me if I hurt him with my words, but this is a usual thing in russian chat and I still wonder why only I was reported.
Thank you for paying attention to this and for, may be, explaining this to me. I also would like to ask for how long am I banned.
Derekku
Deleted irrelevant posts (again).

Mikey wrote:

Umm I was banned for literally no reason, yesterday when the server was having those problems, and then everyone had a different username for a few minutes, I then just randomly got banned for no reason and have been ever since.
You were banned for 96 hours for abusing the name changes and spamming.

EDIT: Here's the log:
[23:59] <Hanyuuisgod> TBTE
[23:59] <Hanyuuisgod> WAT
[23:59] <Hanyuuisgod> the poot
[23:59] <Hanyuuisgod> WTF
[23:59] <Hanyuuisgod> HANYUU?
[23:59] <Hanyuuisgod> HAHAHA
[23:59] <Hanyuuisgod> WTF?
[00:00] <Hanyuuisgod> GREYGHOST
[00:00] <Hanyuuisgod> LOL
[00:00] <Hanyuuisgod> no im sekai
[00:00] <Hanyuuisgod> im noof
[00:00] <Hanyuuisgod> :)
[00:01] <Hanyuuisgod> MIZ
[00:01] <Hanyuuisgod> im mikey
[00:01] <Hanyuuisgod> where are u miz
[00:01] <Hanyuuisgod> :OLOL
[00:01] <Hanyuuisgod> penisguygot
[00:01] <Hanyuuisgod> epic name
Ijah_old
I'm guessing the above applies to myself too, however, I did not 'abuse' the system, I was using my IRC client's native 'nick' changing and I had no access to my pc or osu! for that matter,
people do this all the time on IRC clients and do not receive bans for it.
Plus, I did it only once IIRC and I feel 96 hours is excessive for this seeing as spammers, flamers and trolls get only 24/48 hours upon their first offense which this is in my case.

However, once this expires I will not be doing this again unless my nick gets 'ghosted'
Mikey

Derekku wrote:

Mikey wrote:

what an absolute fucking joke honestly, why is osu run by such pedantic little morons?
whymeman

Mikey wrote:

what an absolute fucking joke honestly, why is osu run by such pedantic little morons?
If you're caught doing the wrong thing, then you're caught doing the wrong thing. Denying it and throwing rage fits after asking why won't help the situation as it shows you don't want to take responsibility for your actions. If you really "did nothing" in the first place, then why are you here? You got off from a week long forum ban a few days back as well. If you really don't want to end up back here again asking "what did I do?", then stop and think about what you're going to do before doing it.

Also, this topic is for ban appealing and asking for information on your bans. Posting anything else other than that would be considered spamming and will have those posts removed.
dkun

Derekku wrote:

didn't know 96 hours passed so fast

SagisawaYomi
Why do I see my ID :?
TBTE

Hanyuuisgod wrote:

Why do I see my ID :?
I lol'd hard as shit right there.
Verdisphena
How long?
eldnl
I was banned for putting a harmless video in #spanish, when I put the video Beuchi said "oh, that video again," but I was not aware that they had already put the video, If the video was a offence I accept my ban, but I need to know how long it will last.

If an administrator needs to see the video, just let me know.
~
Inamaru

eldnl wrote:

I was banned for putting a harmless video in #spanish, when I put the video Beuchi said "oh, that video again," but I was not aware that they had already put the video, If the video was a offence I accept my ban, but I need to know how long it will last.

If an administrator needs to see the video, just let me know.
~
5 hours

Verdisphena wrote:

How long?
5 hours
Verdisphena
Thanks ◜◡‾
sallygwizz38
how long?
James2250
sallygwizz38:

168 hours for repeated pointless spamming & Trolling
sallygwizz38

James2250 wrote:

sallygwizz38:

ummm..... thats soo long (at least a lot of ppl got bans this long a few times)
TBTE

sallygwizz38 wrote:

James2250 wrote:

sallygwizz38:

you come on everyday and talk about stuff that no one wants to talk about, then spam random links about stuff that... is just weird.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

sallygwizz38 wrote:

James2250 wrote:

sallygwizz38:

lets put it this way:

if i have to look at your name in another ban log again, it might as well stay there.

if you haven't figured out what you're doing wrong by now then you really don't need to be here.
Touche_old
How long? :(
Card N'FoRcE

x3Touche wrote:

How long? :(
Banned for NSFW link, then you evaded the ban by connecting with IRC.

24 hours.
kapehh
How long? :<
Inamaru

646kapeh064 wrote:

How long? :<

24 hours
sallygwizz38
5 days left..... first 1/4 passed so fast somehow.....
Inamaru

sallygwizz38 wrote:

5 days left..... first 1/4 passed so fast somehow.....

*facepalm* don't post here for this.
GladiOol
The avatar functionality is currently disabled.

How long?!?!
Derekku

GladiOol wrote:

The avatar functionality is currently disabled.

How long?!?!
Answered in #dutch. Gladi now has his avatar privs back.
Huskatron
I was silenced I typed something like "I'm leaving before I'm silenced." and then I was silenced. Why? Also, is this the wrong thread?
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

Frozen wrote:

I was silenced I typed something like "I'm leaving before I'm silenced." and then I was silenced. Why? Also, is this the wrong thread?
I can see no evidence of you being silenced automatically or otherwise in chat logs from the past three days.

Did this happen later?
show more