That's because Lazy Town owns.
Corin

Ivalset wrote:

Topic Starter
Pokebis

Ivalset wrote:

Wow. Look at this full grown man watching some pussy-ass little kid show. Did you learn how to have a tea party today, manbaby?
awp
First sitdown with MLP we watched 5 episodes.

Second time I watched MLP we watched 11 episodes (the first five again). The only reason we stopped watching after episode 11 was because that was all the episodes I brought.

I agree that watching several episodes in a row isn't the best idea, but that's only because of how finite they are. If I watch 2 episodes instead of 4, I'll have +2 more to watch later.
ztrot
can I get a countdown to season 2!
Quaraezha
Ephemeral

Pokebis wrote:

Does Ephemeral get the joke? Does he like ponies now too?
I can't even work with that.
Quaraezha
Ekaru
DAMN, Discord's a magnificent bastard. That's all I have to say about the episode without spoiling it. It was gooooood, and looks really good on our downstairs TV.
Quaraezha
Just finished watching it and currently watching the replay.
It's magnificent... like, wow.
NotShinta
Fucking yes feck
Quaraezha
Episode One Highlight?

Alright, to those who haven't watched it yet
you can stream it here:
http://www.justin.tv/alwayssunnyinfilly/b/295292374
Skip to 13:30 for MLP

EDIT:
Now available in YouTube!
480p Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xegHN1AU-WQ
480p Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA0iOP0p_9k

720p (w/ commercials): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL7S6YTJti8&hd=1

EDIT:
720p (w/o commercials): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn0j1PVk30k&hd=1
Holy Hell that was fast.
Ekaru
I think the highlight was when Discord went 'fuck it' and changed Fluttershy manually because of Fluttershy's pure and utter awesomeness.

The part you pointed out was freaking hilarious, though. I laughed so hard at that.
NotShinta
SPOILER
I honestly wouldn't have thought I'd like Flutterbitch (or the other delementised characters) as much as I do; or Discord, for that matter, but he turned out to be a damn good villain. It was quite an interesting episode in general, actually, curious as to how Discord turns out in the next episode.
Mianki
Chocolate Rain you guys. CHOCOLATE RAIN O.O
Quaraezha
Now available in 720p! (with commercials)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL7S6YTJti8&hd=1
Corin
GET
OFF
PONIES
QUARA
Quaraezha

Corin wrote:

GET
OFF
PONIES
QUARA
Don't worry. I already planned everything and I will start tomorrow
So in the meantime:

Loginer
Discord is the biggest Q ripoff I've ever seen.

Guest Star: John de Lancie
Oh.
LuigiHann

Loginer wrote:

Discord is the biggest Q ripoff I've ever seen.

Guest Star: John de Lancie
Oh.
Ok now I'm interested
Topic Starter
Pokebis
Just watched the season 2 pilot. All I can say is wow. I honestly think they made this show even better. I think that was the best episode yet.

My favorite part is where Fluttershy flat-out admitted she was weak and helpless
ISolvePractical
ponies? I LIKE PONIES. Pinkie Pie is totally my spirit animal...
Quaraezha
Jackle App just released a new song
Best Remix of So Many Wonders I've heard so far.

Ivalset

Pokebis wrote:

Wow. Look at this full grown man watching some pussy-ass little kid show. Did you learn how to have a tea party today, manbaby?
Tell me more about who your "spirit animal" is.
Topic Starter
Pokebis

Ivalset wrote:

Pokebis wrote:

Tell me more about who your "spirit animal" is.
I never bothered determining that because it seems a bit silly.
Sleep Powder
Topic Starter
Pokebis

Some weeaboo stuff.
Ekaru
Hahahaha, I love it! Though that's probably just 'cuz I've seen the song it's parodying, but still, it's a really clever parody.
Sinistro
Watched it. Enjoyed it.

Time to get my trope sense on and call it: The scene Discord and his apples (Thank goodness they referenced the Apple of Discord) does in fact happen in the next episode, but it's just the girls faking it to lull Discord into a false sense of security. Perhaps an extra hint is that Applejack doesn't say a thing in the vision because she can't tell a convincing lie.
Topic Starter
Pokebis

Sinistro wrote:

The scene Discord and his apples (Thank goodness they referenced the Apple of Discord) does in fact happen in the next episode, but it's just the girls faking it to lull Discord into a false sense of security. Perhaps an extra hint is that Applejack doesn't say a thing in the vision because she can't tell a convincing lie.
So does this mean Twilight is the dumbest? Or is she playing along too?
Loginer
[quote="http://twitter.com/#%21/johndelancie":165dc]
Nharox
So ... this is not a show for young girls?
Sinistro
Alternate script of episode 1

SPOILER
Cherilee: And this, kids, is the statue imprisoning the ancient, evil spirit of discord. It was sealed long ago by an extremely powerful spell that can be broken by a single temporary fight breaking out near it.
Scootaloo: Hey! Maybe releasing evil spirits from their prisons is our talent!
Cherilee: Uh...
Sweetie Belle: Yeah! We've tried everything else, anyway!
Cherilee: Girls...
Apple Bloom: Let's do it!
All three: Cutie Mark Crusaders Apocalypse Bringers, YAY! *fight*
Discord is released, laughs and teleports away. Dark clouds gather.
Apple Bloom: Do you see anything? Do you see anything?
Sweetie Belle: No...
Scootaloo: Nope.
All three: *sigh*
Cherilee: :O
You know it could totally happen that way.
awp

Nharox wrote:

So ... this is not a show for young girls?
Is that a serious question?

This fandom thing is not some elaborate hoax to troll the half of the Internet that isn't "in" on it - the show is actually good.
Sinistro

awp wrote:

This fandom thing is not some elaborate hoax to troll the half of the Internet that isn't "in" on it
Gotta admit I thought that for the longest time when this thread got started, what with the excessive roleplaying and all.
foulcoon
I mean the show is aimed towards little girls. And I personally don't find it amusing or interesting enough to watch 2 seasons (or even an entire season) of it. I honestly believed it was a joke and still do in some cases. I think there's a select group of fags men who got pulled into the show by curiosity of people trolling about it being incredible (see: the animation is INCREDIBLE), who actually enjoy the show and should formally have their man card revoked.
Shellghost
Nah, real men aren't afraid of being ridiculed by people in a hyena fashion just because they enjoy something.

The little girls are the ones who go out of their way to express their hate towards something because other people like it.
Cuddlebun
I didn't dislike MLP but....quite frankly it didn't interest me. I don't understand bronies, and the more fanatic ones creep me out. The only thing I retained from that show was now every time I watch a movie I think to myself at the end "and so we've learned that Friendship is Magic." Also the theme song gets stuck in my head every now and then.

There were some good moments in the first season though, made me genuinely laugh a couple of times.
Shellghost

Pretty much this conversation.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
But I don't like Reddit and I feel like being a dick about that.
show more