forum

Dreadful STREAMS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
seasonS
Hey guys I really need help with streams. I'll start of good (yeah woah all 300's) then slowly I go to slow finger man and get 100's and 50's. Eventually misses.
Do you guys (and gals :3) have any suggestions anything at all. It can be from where to press on your finger, how much wrist on the table, pussing hard/soft, keyboard position anything you can think of to help me. I accept all tips and tricks :3.
I'll also take beatmap suggestions to practice streaming. Thanks in adviance.
~David the noob of streaming
mathexpert
yeah, I have the same problem. I can do 3 beat streams fine, but whenever i do a stream greater than 4 in a 165 or greater bpm map I have a hard time keeping up.
Shael_old
play them more
Miya

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

Hey guys I really need help with streams. I'll start of good (yeah woah all 300's) then slowly I go to slow finger man and get 100's and 50's. Eventually misses.
i think you have low stamina on streaming. just play more in streaming, and you will get good stamina.. i suggest playing this map.. :D http://osu.ppy.sh/b/1147
Wumbo
For fast streams I usually use both 'x' and 'z' keys at the same time with my left hand middle and index finger. It helps a lot. Getting used to it takes some time though.
Topic Starter
seasonS

Miya wrote:

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

i think you have low stamina on streaming. just play more in streaming, and you will get good stamina.. i suggest playing this map.. :D http://osu.ppy.sh/b/1147
Thanks for the map I'll play it :).
nanda2009

Shael wrote:

play them more
<3
Wumbo
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7104

This map is sort of like streams I guess. I forget what it was exactly like but I remember it having lots of streamish things. Try it
winber1
if you want epic stream practice, go play dragonforce songs lulz. (like the one in my signature lololol)

I have a regular rubber dome keyboard, but i still can get up to like 240 bpm streams (tho i can't hold it for that long) and like 135 ish bpm single tapping, but not for that long either. it really just comes down to stamina, and how you press down your keys. obviously smacking them down as hard as you can is going to make you tired. It's harder to be able to use just enough force to push a rubber dome keyboard down to register it, but one should strive to get as close as possible to that. If you have a mech keyboard or something, well, idk what to say... just keep practicing. idk how mech keyboards feel either so yeah.

idk how much my like 10 years (or something) of piano helps me, but it definitely helped a lot i would assume. basically, it comes down to practice.

also, i usually have my wrist down on the table like almost all the time, unless i'm like trying to spam as fast as possible. But, I'm pretty sure having your wrist in the air will help stream steadiness and speed, but it's just tiring to have your wrist up like that and if you are not used to it, it's just extremely awkward. It never really worked out for me, so i just stuck with resting my wrist on the table.
Topic Starter
seasonS

winber1 wrote:

if you want epic stream practice, go play dragonforce songs lulz. (like the one in my signature lololol)

I have a regular rubber dome keyboard, but i still can get up to like 240 bpm streams (tho i can't hold it for that long) and like 135 ish bpm single tapping, but not for that long either. it really just comes down to stamina, and how you press down your keys. obviously smacking them down as hard as you can is going to make you tired. It's harder to be able to use just enough force to push a rubber dome keyboard down to register it, but one should strive to get as close as possible to that. If you have a mech keyboard or something, well, idk what to say... just keep practicing. idk how mech keyboards feel either so yeah.

idk how much my like 10 years (or something) of piano helps me, but it definitely helped a lot i would assume. basically, it comes down to practice.

also, i usually have my wrist down on the table like almost all the time, unless i'm like trying to spam as fast as possible. But, I'm pretty sure having your wrist in the air will help stream steadiness and speed, but it's just tiring to have your wrist up like that and if you are not used to it, it's just extremely awkward. It never really worked out for me, so i just stuck with resting my wrist on the table.
I should play piano now... And thanks for all of that I'll practice it all.
Topic Starter
seasonS

Wumbo wrote:

This map is sort of like streams I guess. I forget what it was exactly like but I remember it having lots of streamish things. Try it
Thanks for the map :3 it's catchy lol.
Hika
play chipscape then you can z/x like me aehaoiehaoiehaioeae
Wumbo

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

Wumbo wrote:

Thanks for the map :3 it's catchy lol.
No problem! I hope it helps!
Wumbo

Hika wrote:

you can z/x like me aehaoiehaoiehaioeae
I do that too
Wumbo
Another good map for streams.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/16990
Topic Starter
seasonS

Hika wrote:

play chipscape then you can z/x like me aehaoiehaoiehaioeae
Ahh haha I can try. Half time here I come :D.
Topic Starter
seasonS

Wumbo wrote:

Another good map for streams.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/16990
Another good map :3. Thank you again lol :D
Espionage724
Anyone got any tips for me? Whenever I do streams (I use my left index and middle finger on G and H keys), my index finger tends to either just lock up, or not lift with the key. I think I can last with streams longer with my index and ring finger, but it just feels strange (maybe I'm not used to it I guess)
EpicFailure
Keep trying and make it work with the index, try to use middle finger for triples/slower streams if possible. (Unless you can't use that too.)
I personality use middle finger to do all my non-streams/slow streams.
However, I kinda felt that way with the fingers when I first started playing taiko. Perhaps not really on the lift part, just feeling werid.
Espionage724

EpicFailure wrote:

Keep trying and make it work with the index, try to use middle finger for triples/slower streams if possible. (Unless you can't use that too.)
I personality use middle finger to do all my non-streams/slow streams.
However, I kinda felt that way with the fingers when I first started playing taiko. Perhaps not really on the lift part, just feeling werid.
I can do slower streams without any real problem, just faster streams seem to be the problem :/, as for non-streams, I sometimes switch back and forth from my index and middle finger depending on how fast the beats are coming I guess.
show more