forum

THE oSU!M@STER [Ver.1.0 Up!]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
Got inspired, and this was the turn out. First theme for Osu!, and I don't think it turned out too horribly.

Latest Version
Version 1.0 uppy!
-Auto Pilot added to the rar
-Simpler Spinner (old spinner is still there for those who wish to use it)
-Pause and Fail BGs added

(old) Screencaps

SPOILER

(ssh, I know I suck xD)

Comments and suggestions are welcome. ( Be gentle, please? First theme and I'm kinda proud. >3> )

Old Version Downloads
Version 0.8 uppy! / MegaUpload
-Added Mode Selection/Random Beatmap, Beatmap Options, and Selection Options images.
-Added Selection tab image.
**Besides a hope for one day replacing sounds with better quality ones, the theme is basically finished**
Version 0.7 uppy! / MegaUpload
-Changed Ready/3/2/1/Go sounds
-Changed hit circle approach image
-Changed Slider tick sound
Version 0.6 uppy! / MegaUpload
-Added "Catch The Beat!" Images
-Count 1/2/3/Go Sounds added
-Section Fail/Pass Sounds Added
-Ranking Applause Added
-Minor image fixes
-Put in .rar instead of .zip xD
Version 0.5 MegaUpload
-First Release
SuzumiyaKyon
I must admit it. This is pretty good! It's pretty sweet (>_> Despite my disdain toward things that are extremely girly.) You made this pretty well, looks very neat, AND OMG IT'S A GIANT CHICKEN! Not really. I'm just being stupid... It's still a pretty good skin. (*DOWNLOAD* I feel so ashamed...)
cyanberryio
Wow, this one is really nice, I just wish I didn't have to download a PSX eboot from the same site. :(

Can you upload to upppy? This is so nice, I don't care how much pink there is. :P
dumpsterdiver
Oh no... it's actually good... fuck do I hate idol master. I'm not posting anything helpful.
peppy
Oh wow, I can't wait to get home and try this. Looks awesome.
RemmyX25
TOO MUCH CUTENESS!!!

/me downloads
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
Thanks for the comments everyone~! ^w^

New Version, now with sounds! Check the top post for download links. :3
devkit4384
i knew someones going to make this, great job ;)
Ekaru
I like it, particularly all the young ladies everywhere. <3 it looks nice. This is officially my favorite skin.
Fraeon
I'm confused.

On one hand it's extremely well crafted.

On the other, I wouldn't want to be caught playing with that skin. It'd be... embarrassing.
Zerostarry
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
The sound effects are also very well thought of. Great work on this one.
peppy
I was going to include this in the updater for tonight's release, them realised there's a few images in the skin folder which are unedited default skin elements. The main one I question is the approach circle -- have you considered making it a speech bubble shape like the hitcircles?
Lily
Well done!

I have to admit, there is a TON of pink, but I think you did a great job!
FurukawaPan
it's so cute and sweet, I love it <3

Ranked.
machol30

james039 wrote:

Ranked.
Hey! You can't rank! Only I can!because I'm awesome like that.

Yeah, love the skinning. Only one problem, though, and that is the spinner. I don't know, it just feels too cramped and compact; it's hard to see the cursor (not that that's a big problem). It maybe just bad taste or whatever.

/me gives a <3. (ranked)
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
1: Sorry, school and shiz ate me alive and I haven't been able to play or work on this theme. >_<;
2: Updated some of the sounds, will put a new version up at some point.
3: Thanks for all the comments~! <3

peppy wrote:

I was going to include this in the updater for tonight's release, them realised there's a few images in the skin folder which are unedited default skin elements. The main one I question is the approach circle -- have you considered making it a speech bubble shape like the hitcircles?
Hm, no I hadn't but I think I'll get right on that. :3 Some of the stuff I didn't skin cause I'm lazy or wasn't sure exactly what it was used for.

As for the sound updates: I've replaced the "Are You Ready?" and "3-2-1 Go!" sounds with my *attempt* to sound like the idols that show up for the countdown (That'd be Chihaya (3), Makoto (2), and Yukiho (1)), not sure if I succeeded in sounding like the idols, but it sounds much better than the cut outs from GO MY WAY!!.

EDIT: Updated top post with Ver.0.7 download links.
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
Gonna work on idea for the tabs, and may fiddle around with buttons a little. Still got life to attend to (ugh, college placement testing), but I'm basically on the tail end of the theme.

Though I would love to get the sound effects ripped from "Live For You!" (They're the hit sounds and stuff), since I don't have it or a Japanese 360 I'll either have to have someone else get them for me, attempt to recreate them with stuff, or deal with the cut out sounds from a youtube video of a L4U gameplay video. xD

Still can't believe I practically finished most of the images in, like, 7-8 hours. @__@; (That was the initial release)
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
I probably shoulda called this update 1.0 rather that 0.8, but whatever. The theme is basically completed now. Unless I get better quality sound effects from L4U, I probably won't update this again. :D

So, as celebration, here's some screencaps of the finished deal:

(Yes, I'm better at "Catch The Beat" than normal Osu. xD)

Sorry for the double post.

Download link is up in the top post! :3
nomedeusuarionaodisp
CtB
AWESOME
cyanberryio
CtB=AMAZING! I never would have thought of something like that!

I'll get it tomorrow, I'm supposed to be asleep. :P
SuzumiyaKyon
After playing with it for a while, I'm really loving the visuals. The excessive pink, which would usually send me packing, couldn't mask the graphics of this thing. I mean, these are some great pictures, and you did a great job with the editing, but the sounds aren't really necessary (Of course, I just turn it off in the option dealie). And if I can get a video of it, I could probably get the sounds for you. Or at least try.
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old

SuzumiyaKyon wrote:

but the sounds aren't really necessary (Of course, I just turn it off in the option dealie). And if I can get a video of it, I could probably get the sounds for you. Or at least try.
The sounds ARE ripped from a video. (The Hit sounds anyways, obviously my voice isn't xD) The problem being the sounds from Live For You are played during the song, so to rip them from a video tends to leave little remnants no matter how close I cut them. I was contemplating remaking the sounds with stuff around the house and my voice, but it's a bit much to do and I'd rather settle for what I've got.

I think I ripped the sounds from a gameplay video of L4U with Haruka, if I remember correctly. I think she was singing Taiyo no Jealousy, which was decent to cut sounds out and try to get barely any song remnants in the cut outs.

Oh and thank you for the comments~ <3
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
update: Too lazy to update the rar file, but here's the auto-pilot image:

Just download it and toss it into the skin folder. :P When I accumulate enough to actually be worth re-rar-ing, I'll do that.

Anything else I've missed or anything you think I can fix, let me know. :3
Kittys_old
Even though I've never been a fan for girly stuff...I like this skin. Thank you! :)
Teras
Looks good, going to try it out. :)
Natteke
Argh, how can you use that kind of spinner? o.o Con you actually see the cursor when spinning?
popoyo
This is amazing.I have nothing to complain about this one,except the fruit guy.I see what you did there,but you could use one of the girls.They are way cuter. ;) And indeed is colorful,but it fits for Idolm@ster.
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
Shocker, something I didn't think would happen, an update to this. xD

Mostly some minor things. :3
SPOILER

Pause Screen

Fail Screen

Alternate Spinner

The old spinner is still in the files, you just have to go and change the file name. Auto Pilot is now in the rar file as well.

I'm playing with the idea of trying to duplicate the current sound effects once I get home for summer break so they'll be in better quality. Should have everything needed to duplicate them...

Anyways, will update the top post in a few! :3
SonicFan344
Love This Skin! Bravo! Keep Up the Good Work!
Mihoki
Love this omgggggg I love you Nya-chan.
Aoko
Very Girly but fits. *-* I love this ★
hachune_over
Well, is there any the other link? Megaupload closed right? #sorry if my english is bad.. ^^
Bittersweet
This skin was avaiable on osu! updater as far as i remember
show more