forum

[duplicate] -Gender-

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +216
Topic Starter
Paperboy_old
So basically profile/in game gender showing female or male
-I've always wondered if Cookiezi was a guy or girl, I still don't know-
*EDIT*
Also we need to have forum name links so we can get on someone's profile faster without typing the name on user search
Raging Bull
You could just add I'm a male/female in the whatever box you prefer.
0_o
peppy denied this a year ago, but that was a year ago soooo

I still support this.
Zerostarry
everyone would list themselves as female

even me
Topic Starter
Paperboy_old
@Raging Bull
That's just weird,the boxes don't match the topic (gender) plus if I even do this will other people do this?
@0_o
Good job continue supporting
@Zerostarry
Let them be...
but are you a guy? (see this happens)
ziin
Don't be silly, there are no girls on the internet.
OzzyOzrock

ziin wrote:

Don't be silly, there are no girls on the internet.
Raging Bull

Paperboy wrote:

@Raging Bull
That's just weird,the boxes don't match the topic (gender) plus if I even do this will other people do this?
I don't see it weird. Most people usually just fill whatever they want to. Just look at Ozzy and Ziin's own.
lepidopodus

Zerostarry wrote:

That's why I don't support this...
Shadow

lepidopodus wrote:

Zerostarry wrote:

That's why I don't support this...
Maybe if you want to "list" yourself as a female, proof is required.. -shrugs-

Like, Skype video call or something, but that's a hell lot of extra [unneeded] work. I don't know if I want to support this or not.

Just ask the person what gender they are.

Like someone above stated before, this is the internet.. There are no females =p
Ijah_old
+support

I think if it were to be added, the user's username should be colour either pink or blue, and for supporters it would be bolded.
In game chat of course it would take no effect.
Zerostarry

Ijah wrote:

+support

I think if it were to be added, the user's username should be colour either pink or blue, and for supporters it would be bolded.
That is just unnecessary... this is a rhythm game, not a dating website. gender is completely irrelevant
Jarby

Zerostarry wrote:

Ijah wrote:

+support

That is just unnecessary... this is a rhythm game, not a dating website. gender is completely irrelevant
But how else am I supposed to avoid the public ridicule and embarrassment upon using the wrong pronoun on a user? Furthermore, you could say that the location field is just as useless for a rhythm game, so I'm going to work under the assumption that we have the potential to expand to dating services in the near future.
Fumi-chan
I support this, but no need to add anything more than a gender symbol in your profile. And maybe make it so you can only set your gender once.
Soaprman

Fumi-chan wrote:

And maybe make it so you can only set your gender once.
So you're suggesting that if somebody jokingly picks the wrong one, they can't ever go correct it and pick the right one.
Fumi-chan

Soaprman wrote:

Fumi-chan wrote:

And maybe make it so you can only set your gender once.
So you're suggesting that if somebody jokingly picks the wrong one, they can't ever go correct it and pick the right one.
Yeah, since people seem to think this kind of joke would be an issue. I personally don't mind, but that's a way to prevent it I guess.
ziin
treat it like a name change, only gender change.

"I only did it as a joke; stop calling me a girl plz"

"you should have thought you that before you castrated yourself"
Raging Bull

ziin wrote:

treat it like a name change, only gender change.

"I only did it as a joke; stop calling me a girl plz"

"you should have thought you that before you castrated yourself"
Best post of 2011?
Yumi14_old
Im support this
because i wanna know someone's gender, and if i ask it, the person might offensed
Suimya
i guess i'll support this ~
SinDemonDragon13
I totally suport this! :D
-----

Yumi14 wrote:

Im support this
because i wanna know someone's gender, and if i ask it, the person might offensed
No it won't because we don't have any clue to know its gender to begin with. You're thinking too much.
So yeah, I don't think this is really necessary.
Hernan
I'd like to support this, but people will lie if they want to.
Winshley
When I see this thread, I keep thinking of this. :D
bmin11
tbh the request sounds more like "lets force people to have their gender shown". If you give people an option to have it on or not, there's no difference with the way the profile works right now (just write your gender on any boxes you want on your profile and such). So I think this feature wouldn't change anything pretty much.

P.S. Country being shown is actually really important, specially for a global game like osu!. How are we going to start a conversation with other people if you aren't sure which language the person speaks?
show more