posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Mara
ok
Azure_Kite
Lepi's Taiko Oni:

00:20:299 (28) - Should be snapped to the blue tick in 1/4, not 1/3.

i.e. this really should be fixed, as it's an off-beat note.
Topic Starter
Mara
Alright. Let's unrank this for a moment, let's fix that thing (and few things from that hardest difficulty, if BD and Jesus likes to tell details).
jericho2442
unranked for the fixes then, glad we found it and lets get this fixed and ranked again ;D
lepidopodus
I guess LM did some kind of mistake when updating the diff.

To the next MAT/BAT: Please double check that every notes in Taiko diff are placed in right beat. I checked before, but I might be wrong.
ziin

LunaticMara wrote:

(and few things from that hardest difficulty, if BD and Jesus likes to tell details).
Well since you're asking, I can shed some light one what I don't like about it, and why it's below average for me. Keep in mind a lot of this is because of the song, and the fact that it's not really designed for an expert difficulty. I'm also going to be incredibly picky in order to show you that you would need to do a lot different in order to make it "good" in my eyes.

[general]
1.0x spacing on 150 BPM and 2.0 slider velocity makes the streams abnormally large, which is why people generally use compressed streams.
The note placement seems haphazard. I do not mind this so much, but some people do not like random beatmaps, and in most cases a well thought out symmetrical map looks and plays better than a random one.
00:10:633 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this is not symmetrical.
00:18:833 (1) - not only are these 1/3, but they look like 1/2 because of the 1.2x spacing.
01:22:833 (3) - just an example of the ugly sliders found in the map

So the BPM 150 means it's too fast for 1 finger, and just awkwardly slow for 2 finger. The spacing in the map makes it genuinely unfun to play, and normally one finger is easier for this type of spacing.

Finally, I'm a bit disappointed there's not a more centralized theme in the map. It's zelda, and there's a tri-force in the background, so I would have liked to see more equilateral triangle patterns and such. Poinsettia is a good example of a map which uses a lot of a theme (in its case, 5 point stars, which everyone loves).

It's not worth a remap or anything like that, especially not after it was just ranked. These are just some things to think about.

Don't get me wrong, there's a difference between a rankable beatmap and a good beatmap. I just think you should be expecting a lot of people to vote it down and probably average in the low 8s, because I do not enjoy playing this beatmap due to the awkward difficutly, and I think a lot of people feel the same way.

So gogo rerank.
Topic Starter
Mara
Thanks ziin, I'll start working on it when I get back home.

ignore
Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.
ziin
Wait at least until someone else agrees with me (or you agree with me), or someone disagrees with me on the matter before you rerank or remap it. I'm not any sort of authority on the matter, and there should be plenty of people who really did like it, though they may not be vocal about it. Regardless of how much I liked or disliked the map, it was rankable.
Mismagius
In my opinion, the note placement on the hardest difficulty is just RIDICULOUS. You basically have to turn your cursor 270° sometimes while doing a spaced 150BPM 1/4 stream then right after that you have to do a 1/3 very spaced stream. It's just terrible to play. I liked the other difficulties, though.
Waryas
its just the stream spacing it forced me to use one finger. And 150 1/4 and one finger = terrible accuracy for me
It was terribly awkward to play and didn't feel like a 2011 map. If you want to use that kind of spacing maybe you should do circle size a bit bigger?
Zelos
Dang it. oh wellz.

Your message is too short.
thelewa
This map is so trollllllllllllllllllllllll

STREAMS ARE TOO HARD THIS MAP SUCKS STREAM ACC IS REALLY BAD BOOHOO 150BPM IS TOO SLOW FOR 2 FINGERS ON 1/3 BOOHOO

stop whining this map is easy

JesusYamato wrote:

one finger = terrible accuracy for me
So I guess you play with 1 finger all the time :3333333333333333333333333333333333
Charles445
Actually, all you need to do on Crazyphobic is raise the circle size to in between normal and large. Played it with those settings, the 1/3 streams are still readable and nothing looks bad because of it. It makes it all around better.

normal circle size is a 2009 stereotype
Topic Starter
Mara
*writes notes*

No, this is not too short.

ignore
YESITWASYour message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.
James2250
(Btw my mistake for missing the mess up on taiko Mara/lepid)
Topic Starter
Mara
Yeah, don't worry about it - taiko is already fixed and I'll make small Crazyphobic fix soon.
Mismagius

ragelewa wrote:

This map is so trollllllllllllllllllllllll

STREAMS ARE TOO HARD THIS MAP SUCKS STREAM ACC IS REALLY BAD BOOHOO 150BPM IS TOO SLOW FOR 2 FINGERS ON 1/3 BOOHOO

stop whining this map is easy

JesusYamato wrote:

one finger = terrible accuracy for me
So I guess you play with 1 finger all the time :3333333333333333333333333333333333

uuuuhh I FC'd it too, the map isn't hard but it's retarded.

So just because you're Mara's bitch it doesn't mean you're right.
Topic Starter
Mara
Get out of my thread, both of you.

ignore
Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.

Topic Starter
Mara
Alright, due ziin was friendly and explained the problem here, I dediced to make a radical fix. This hasn't been remapped, but I switched slider velocity to 1,6. That should do the trick. I also switched distance spacing from 1,0 to 0,9 on normal parts. In 1/3, it's still 1,2.

I also switched note positions a lot. Take a shot.
thelewa

Blue Dragon wrote:

uuuuhh I FC'd it too, the map isn't hard but it's retarded.

So just because you're Mara's bitch it doesn't mean you're right.
xierbaliti
-Crazyphobic-
00:21:033 (6) - start at 00:21:099 and end to 00:21:233.
00:21:433 (7) - start at 00:21:499 and end to 00:21:633.
00:41:633 - I'd like to add a note here.

this map is more like an old one. in 2008, it may be a very good map. but for now it's really not good.
dNextGen
- Crazyphobic caused so much butthurt, lulz.

Topic Starter
Mara
And it will still do, once this gets ranked again.

Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.
Charles445
This is like the only deranked map in pending.
You need to get it ranked again, don't let it grave after you've gotten it so far.
Topic Starter
Mara

Charles445 wrote:

This is like the only deranked map in pending.
You need to get it ranked again, don't let it grave after you've gotten it so far.
There are no MATs who are interested checking this. All my favorite MATs did quit, so dunno. And I don't know if Lizbeth is allowed to rebubble it.
lepidopodus
I've seen deranked map that never returned, lol.

Be active, I guess?
Topic Starter
Mara
I am trying all the time, lepidon. I have got refused several times now. I'll keep tryin'.
lepidopodus
Yeah you are one of most active person in here, another star for ya.
Sakura
Ok time to get this back to ranked

Quick check since Gonz is checking it too.

[Taiko]
00:20:299 (28) - Uhh this isnt fixed yet?
01:08:299 (29) - IMO this needs 1/4 tick too instead.

Those are the most important things i could find.
Gonzvlo
Hello, just a few things before Rebubbling.

[General]
  1. ~
[Deedophobic]
  1. 00:58:033 (1) - This object is too far away from the centre. Post-Spinner notes are quite hard to hit for rookies, I strongly suggest to re-arrange this pattern a bit so the object is closer to the centre, thus easier to hit.
[Normalphobic]
  1. 00:27:233 (7,1) - The musical change starts on (7), you should start the NC there. (Also, it follows your NC pattern)
  2. Nomnom!
[lepidon! Taiko Oni]
  1. 00:20:299 (28) - This hasn't been fixed yet, it's supposed to be placed on "1/4" not "1/3"
  2. 01:04:299 (2,3,4,5,6) - I'm not sure if it's intentional but shouldn't this whole pattern be snapped to "1/3"? - Details:
    1. 01:04:299 (2) - Shouldn't this be snapped to 1/4?
    2. 01:04:567 (4) - Perhaps, remove this object? There isn't any noticeable rhythm here.
    3. 01:04:700 (5) - Same here, I think this should be snapped to 1/4
  3. 01:17:099 (2,3,4,5,6) - Exactly the same as before, still not sure if it's intentional.
  4. 01:08:299 (29) - Exactly the same as 00:20:299 (28).
  5. 01:09:899 (39) - ^ (Not sure about this one)
[Crazyphobic]
  1. 00:16:033 (1,2,3) - If you don't mind, would you stack these objects properly, please? (You will need to disable Grid Snap)
  2. 00:39:099 (1,2) - This might not be a good idea, imo. This part breaks the flow and it doesn't seem intuitive enough. I strongly suggest to unstack these objects.
  3. Nothing else worth pointing out.
Call me back when you're done!
Topic Starter
Mara
Oh what the hell, where the hell is mah lepidophobic! diff...

Fixin'.
lepidopodus
Hey why that Taiko map got reverted, and I guess you fixed the name of the diff once but it wasn't applied. I guess you should reupload again, mara.

I'll check that again when it is done.
Topic Starter
Mara

lepidopodus wrote:

Hey why that Taiko map got reverted, and I guess you fixed the name of the diff once but it wasn't applied. I guess you should reupload again, mara.

I'll check that again when it is done.
Reuploaded, go ahead.
lepidopodus
Ok, so those 1/4 <-> 1/3 were fixed by merely update the diff properly, except this one.

Gonzvlo wrote:

01:09:899 (39) - ^ (Not sure about this one)
Well that part seems 1/3 to me, like 00:21:899 (37).
Topic Starter
Mara
Nothing to fix then?

IGNORE
Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.
Gonzvlo
So, no changes in the other diffs?

Use a Forum PM to notify me, please.
Topic Starter
Mara
I did all changes from my diffs. I'm still waiting for D33d.
D33d
sadgfdhdhf just put a circle at 58. It's even better, because there are now three beats after the spinner.

Download: Hierophobic - Introduction (LunaticMara) [Deedophobic].osu
Gonzvlo
Hello, just re-checked the map. I don't see anything else worth pointing out.

Bubbled.
Sakura
Ok seems like all the issues that caused the unrank are solved so here it is

Reranked~

Congratulations!
show more