Like in .osu and .osb files, single-line comments are OK:
// Like this
where <skin_name> is the textual name for your skin, including version number. osu!'s options menu will use this to identify your skin.
where <your_username> is the skin's creator's username.
SliderBallFlip: <0 or 1>
- 0 indicates the slider ball, once it reaches a repeat arrow in a slider, should stay facing the same direction.
- 1 indicates it should flip around to face the direction it is now moving.
CursorRotate: <0 or 1>
where 1 indicates the cursor should rotate constantly around its center (the default skin does this).
CursorExpand: <0 or 1>
where 1 indicates the cursor should expand when the user clicks (the default skin does this).
CursorCentre: <0 or 1>
- 0 indicates the cursor's origin will be at the top-left of the image (like your regular Windows cursor).
- 1 indicates the cursor's origin will be in the center of the image (like the default skin).
where <num> is the number of frames in the Slider Ball animation.
HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer: <0 or 1>
(note the spelling), where 1 indicates the HitCircleOverlay image will be above the number for that Hit Object, not below it.
ComboBurstRandom: <0 or 1>
where 1 indicates the combo burst images should appear in random order, rather than their numbered order.
SliderStyle: <1, 2, or 3>
- 1 makes sliders appear as many overlapping filled-in circles (default behavior)
- 2 makes sliders appear as transparent colored areas
- 3 makes sliders appear as transparent colored areas with bands of darker shades further from the center of the slider
All colors are in decimal 8-bit RGB triples; that is,
- 0,0,0 is white
- 255,0,0 is pure red
- 0,255,0 is pure green
- 0,0,255 is pure blue
- 255,255,255 is black
- 100,100,100 is a shade of grey
- 255,255,0 is pure yellow
where each colourRGB is a combo color to use. There can be around two and eight.
where the colourRGB is the color of the border of sliders.
where the colourRGB is a color to force all sliders' interiors to be. Leave this out to use the combo color the slider appears in (default).
where the colourRGB a color to force all approach circles for spinners to be. TODO: Leaving this out does what?
where the colourRGB is the color to add to star2.png during breaks/kiai time. (Source).
There are two "fonts" used for the numbers in the skin:
- one for the numbers on top of Hit Objects, and
- one for the score.
where <string> is the prefix of the filenames for the first font. E.g., making this "default" will make osu! look for "default-0.png", ... "default-9.png". Note the added hyphen.
where <number> is the number of pixels that two images from the first font are allowed to overlap (e.g., how much the "1" and the "2" can overlap when making the number "12").
ScorePrefix: <string> ScoreOverlap: <number>
Same as the above, but for the second font. Note that both fonts can use the same files (so it's really only one font), just specify the same thing for HitCirclePrefix and ScorePrefix.