History of osu!/4
|| Year: 2007/2008|
2009/2010 • 2011/2012 • 2013
peppy's blog post: http://blog.ppy.sh/post/39831318171/this-week-in-osu-8
peppy's blog post: http://blog.ppy.sh/post/39917651337/getting-hyperdash-right
peppy is working on the hyperdash and hyperfruits issue (Catch the Beat). According to the blog, peppy highlighted the unfixed flaws (Same Direction Chain and Sub-frame Movement) and is thinking up solutions for it. To summarise, peppy is having difficulty on adjusting the distance and direction of catcher to the next fruit (the algorithm expects the catcher at center of the destination fruit), and some fruit may be possible or impossible to catch only by luck and frame limiter settings. for frame limiter settings issues, peppy will need a higher precision of calculation formula (the formula apply for worst-case scenario, 60 fps), as at 120 fps or unlimited, sub-frame errors and/or rounding errors will occur, making the fruits 50/50 chance of capture.
For comprehensible understanding, please refer to the link provided above.
Announcement post: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2042263
Results for the annual "Best of" is shown. #1 is cleanly taken by the highly popular PSY - GANGNAM STYLE by yeahyeahyeahhh with a drastic 740 votes. xi - FREEDOM DiVE by Nakagawa-Kanon managed to nab the #2 place with 445 votes followed by a tie for #3's Hatsune Miku - Mythologia's End and Lily - Scarlet Rose both by val0108 with a neat 374 votes.
peppy's blog post: http://blog.ppy.sh/post/41003637501/this-week-in-osu-9
Announcement post: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2134063
The update mainly consists of a lot of bug-fixes and some important changes to streamline the next update.
- Double resolution elements of the skin is supported.
- This means that basically all the skins need to be updated to support the higher pixel count when screen size increases to avoid the ugly upscale of the skin elements.
- Less widescreen limitations in the editor when it comes to placement and selection.
- A small design change to online user panels, as well as support for 4-panel-wide (or more) for all widescreen resolutions, where previously there was a gap to the right.
- Ranking support for Hidden and FadeIn mods in osu!mania.
- More flexibility to the way samples can be imported, and a redesign of the sample import dialog for osu!mania.
- Upside-down support for osu!mania – think DDR-like (add UpsideDown:1 to your skin.ini).
- Improvements to how the mod selection dialog displays and works internally.
Announcement post: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2185564
Major update. osu! User Interface (UI) receives a complete overhaul. This gives the current osu! a simplicity look.
- osu! looks sharp and clean.
- osu! Standard have a new leitmotif symbol.
- The buttons at osu!editor receives an overhaul too.
- "Special" is removed. The Play section will only consist of "Solo", "Multi" and "Exit" only.
- The game styles can only be found at the Song Selection menu, under the name "Mods" at the lower-left of the screen.
- All Game Modifiers buttons received their respective image overhaul. The most notable would be the 4/5/6/7/8K button of osu!mania.
- Result screen now shows the beatmap's background image. This does not work in "Team" at "Multi".
- Online Results is now hidden below the result screen. You can click on the convenient "Online Results" button or just scroll down to see it.
- "osu!default by peppy" is replaced by "osu! by peppy".
- For the uninitiated, the grade score image is the same as osu!stream grade score image. Most of the skins elements are freshly created except the osu!cursor.
- There is a new button at "Skins" tab under "Options". When enabled, it will force High-Definition version to be used instead.
- Unless your skin is updated, it is best you leave it disabled, especially if you hated the spinner.
- At Multi, Host have a new special command called "Free Mods" and the "Game Style" is removed.
- (unconfirmed date)BanchoBot received an AI overhaul. By AI overhaul means the "!faq" commands reply.
- Depending on your ideology, BanchoBot responsive attitude can be considered a naively lovestruck bot. In the shortest sense, tsundere.
- After a "Head-to-Head" Multi match, your ranking position in the match setup will be shown privately in "#userlog".