Star Shooter
227 posts
Hello everyone i'd like to explain the situation the Server is in now for a better understanding why you cannot download anything.

First of the Server is not just out of service for no reason. It broke as we tried to update the base system and thus we cannot start our Webservices and/or Gaming Services.

What happened is that our base system which is based upon a XEN Virtualization broke and failed to startup after updating to XEN 4.1 and debian 6.0 (squeeze). We are trying hard to get it back up. The guy that is doing the server maintenance has little time on his hand and since this a non profit project he cannot just invest all of his time into this.

We have setup a backup server so you can see what's going on at http://osupacks.ppy.sh/status (DNS changes should have applied to you by now).

Another important thing to note is that the osu!droid ddl i provide has proven to be a lot of traffic and because of that i'll have to limit the use of the service after the server is back online. Which means that you'll in addition to the downtime that is happening now have another bit of downtime. I'm talking about 24-48 hours (if i have time).

The limits are going to be the following:
PC Users: Unlimited as it's intended.
Android users: 2.5Megabytes/sec total bandwidth (Divide this by ~50 and you'll know the speed you'll get.)

Why you ask? I'm happy to provide ddl for you guys but my server isn't only running the mirror, it's running a Minecraft Gameserver and about 20 other Websites and if i give you unlimited bandwidth those services and game-servers are laggy as hell. And that's no good.

Hope that cleared stuff out.

ETA? No thank you.
Last edited by nanashiRei on , edited 1 time in total.
Tempo Trainee
6 posts
Glad to hear that everything is being sorted out, but surely this limit will be completely useless because you can get readily accessible software from the Android Market (Dolphin Browser HD) which can change the user-agent, then just download over the site with HTTP, use Root Explorer to move files to osu!droid directory?
Star Shooter
227 posts
It's more work for you so noone will really bother to do that. Also javascript can spy one the device being used so i'll target android os versions rather then osu!droid. It'll work good enough, my test that i ran for a cupple of days before the server crashed worked wonders.
Tempo Trainee
6 posts
nanashiRei wrote:
It's more work for you so noone will really bother to do that. Also javascript can spy one the device being used so i'll target android os versions rather then osu!droid. It'll work good enough, my test that i ran for a cupple of days before the server crashed worked wonders.

That works :) -- You could get into the whole realm of remaking the whole kernel and ROM (if unlocked Bootloader) but if anyone does that just to get unlimited on Yas-Online, they have WAAAAAAAAAAY too much time on their hands and need another purpose in life
Star Shooter
227 posts
Sounds stupid. But it's true.
Combo Commander
347 posts
I don't see why you can't just download from this site.
Star Shooter
227 posts
doomed151 wrote:
I don't see why you can't just download from this site.

That's what i was thinking
Rhythm Incarnate
1,688 posts
Its because we can't download through Android browser
Combo Commander
347 posts
I use Opera Mobile and it works very good. The only problem is I have to do the search through Google, since the search box doesn't have a button. People can also try the "Download All Files" app from Market.
Combo Commander
376 posts
doomed151 wrote:
I use Opera Mobile and it works very good. The only problem is I have to do the search through Google, since the search box doesn't have a button. People can also try the "Download All Files" app from Market.

If you go to the beatmaps listing first, that does have a search button.

The problem I have is that you can't hover, so it's really difficult to access the beatmap packs section.
I use Internet Explorer 9, voluntarily, after trying the most recent versions of all major competing browsers.
I feel this information is very important to share so that others may disparage my opinion.
Rhythm Incarnate
904 posts
doomed151 wrote:

Hint: Enter
Combo Commander
347 posts
Rena-chan wrote:
Hint: Enter

They soft keyboard I'm using only shows "Done" and that just hides the keyboard.
Rhythm Rookie
1 posts
This means that Android can not play osu period of time?
Star Shooter
227 posts
You can still download via PC and transfer. However my Mirror is out of service for the time being. See first post.
Rhythm Incarnate
918 posts
Kathunx wrote:
nanashiRei wrote:

That works :) -- You could get into the whole realm of remaking the whole kernel and ROM (if unlocked Bootloader) but if anyone does that just to get unlimited on Yas-Online, they have WAAAAAAAAAAY too much time on their hands and need another purpose in life

Kinda useless to discuss further, but just saying Javascript can quite easily disabled because people do things like this.
Reply 53 posts jump | 1, 2, 3, 4  next