40 posts jump | 1, 2, 3  next
Tempo Trainee
12 posts
I've seen a few skins that have caught my attention, I've tried downloading them onto Osu but they don't appear, how do I do this? (btw I'm using firefox)
Star Shooter
253 posts
In the updater osume, there should be an extras tab where you dl the skins, the skin folder will be in your osu folder.
Tempo Trainee
12 posts
That's not what I meant. I'm meaning the skins that are on these forums, not in the updater.
Combo Commander
264 posts
Download them, then drag the folder into the Osu's Skin folder.
Tempo Trainee
12 posts
But here's the thing, when I download them it asks where to download it, so I choose save to disc (I'm guessing it means desktop since it ends up there) then I move it to the skin folder but it does nothing at all!
Resident Skinner
4,554 posts
megalan wrote:
But here's the thing, when I download them it asks where to download it, so I choose save to disc (I'm guessing it means desktop since it ends up there) then I move it to the skin folder but it does nothing at all!

The zip or rar will do nothing by itself. Open the file and see what's inside:

If files are inside, right click on the zip and hit "extract to 'foldername'"

If a folder is inside, right click on the zip and hit "extract here"

If a folder called "Skins" is inside, move the zip up to your main Osu folder, then right click the zip and hit "extract here."

Sorry it's so complicated, but different people do it in different ways. :|
Tempo Trainee
12 posts
Now I'm just asking but... How do you open an rar. file? I've double-clicked it but nothing happened, I've also right clicked it then said to open it and nothing still happened!
Tempo Trainee
12 posts
Oh, before I forget, I did open it once, kinda, it said in order to open the file I had to choose from a list of things so I chose internet explorer (there was no firefox on the list) so now it won't open and it has an internet explorer symbol on it.
Resident Skinner
4,554 posts
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Tempo Trainee
12 posts
Thanks LuigiHann! It worked!
Resident Skinner
4,554 posts
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,429 posts
I know you already did it, but you could also try 7Zip. It handles all compression files, including .rar. :P
Echo wrote:
Put strager, MetalMario and a feature/bug in a room, and presto, instant walls of text.

collapsed text
Beatmaps
Image[Ranked Maps!]
ImagePending/WIP Maps
Angry Aztec (DK64) [DD]
Rainbow Road (MKDD) [Collab/SB WIP]
Puzzles (Professor Layton 1) [WIP]
Munchy Monk (RTG/RH)(Authentic SB) [Offline/WIP]
Current osu! resolutions:
1. Beat best of #184
2. Map more!
3. 640x480
Combo Commander
264 posts
YoshiKart wrote:
I know you already did it, but you could also try 7Zip. It handles all compression files, including .rar. :P

Yeah, I use 7-Zip, love it.
Tempo Trainee
12 posts
i am having the same problem as megalan. i did everything that luigihann said but i can't get the folder onto osu.
Locked 40 posts jump | 1, 2, 3  next